3 week old babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittermomma

Reaction score
Hello :)
I just noticed today that two of my little baby buns have soft stools. One has just little soft ones but speedy had a clump stuck on his bum the size of a penny. Is this normal cause they are switching over to eating pellets and hay. They've nibbled on hay since week 1 and week 2 they started to nibble on their moms pellets. They just turned 3 wks last Friday and have been eating more pellets and drinking more regularly from the water bottle. Momma still feeds them once a day. It wasn't watery or anything and did have a little pungent smell to it. Thanks for any insight.

Yes this is normal :) as the above said.. just keep an eye on them. I have just mothered 5 baby rabbits (2 have gone to new homes now) and they had soft poos during the transition in fact.. there poo only started hardening at around 5 weeks old. They constantly got poo stuck to their furs especially laying in the poo. I think its normal.. they are now 9 weeks old and have normal healthy poos :) hope this helps

Thanks :) yup their poops are back to being little hard turds lol. I just made sure they had more hay then pellets as I found out one would fall asleep in the bowl eating them non stop smh.

They are gorgeous. We have a bun who enjoys sitting in the bowl/falling asleep in the food bowl too! Lol

The little brown greyish one we call Brownie, that's the babe that was doing it lol such a butterball haha. And now when I grab the hay back they all stand at attention omg its just soo cute. Babes jumping on top of their moms heads just to get to the hay haha.

Back