3 month old rabbit had a seizure

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooldiva1991

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have had my rabbit for about a month ad this morning, after letting her out for a bit, I put her back in her cage and a few minutes later she had, what I suppose is, a seizure. She now refuses to get back in her cage and panicks when she is in it.

Can anyone help me out with what to do? How to avoid any further seizures or what the cause could be?

I am very worried =(

Thank you =)

Can you describe what exactly happened, and what it looked like, when she had this seizure? Is it possible she could have eaten something toxic, like a plant?

If it is a seizure, it would be best to take your rabbit into the vet as soon as you can. Sometimes seizures can be caused by an infection, or also parasites. Both things would need to be treated by a vet. In the mean time, just comfort her until she calms down and feels better. If it happens again, make sure that she stays safe while it is happening.

check for e-c and treat with panazuril, it is the latest and by far treatment for e-c!!!!
work them up to full dose or, you may get g-i stasis sometimes....

Latest posts

Back