3 Month old brothers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewBunnyMomma

Reaction score
Hello,

My family has recently adopted two, 3 month old bunnies, Drake and Sully.

7018654495_6d3f266cc3.jpg

There mother was an abandoned domestic rabbit who was taken in by a good samaritan and then had a litter of 12 babies. 6 of them ended up at the shelter. These two boys were the last of the litter and they looked quite fond of each other and I knew I couldn't seperate them. We think they are a mix of fuzzy lop and mini lop? Any ony who has any ideas please let me know. ; )

The shelter they ended up at primarily took care of cats and dogs. The rabbits recieved good care but it was clear they didn't quite know what to do with them.

I brought them home and they are adapting really well. They look so much happier then when I first visited them at the shelter. We still have some bonding to do but I am patient. The boys get along really well.

We will have them neutered when they are ready. We currently have them in a smallish size cage but are going to build them something better as they get comfortable. They also get lots of excercise around the house.

Anyway long post, but I am so excited and I will be asking lots of questions.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjw0UTyd6dQ[/ame]
First exploration outside the cage.

Welcome to the Forum.

Congratulations on adopting those sweet boys. Sounds like they are doing well.

Also just a heads up. Around 4 months these sweet little boys will become teenagers. Experienced brothers with Dobby and Kreacher. As you are getting a bigger living arrangement, make sure there are places to hide. Hormones make them mount each other. It gives one who doesn't like it a place to hide. I would suggest neutering around that time. Helps stop this activity plus will help alleviate marking. Boys do like to mark. Especially brothers.

I think where I went wrong with the bonding of the boys after neutering was not watching the food aggression. One brother would guard the food. Make sure two bowls or out or give the one who's not getting enough time to himself to eat.

They are truly sweet now and I'm hoping your brothers stay sweet and bonded for life. Sadly mine didn't, but they are doing well separately and have such sweet dispositions now that they are almost 1 years old.

Look forward to hearing how they are and seeing the plans you have for the bigger permanent place.

K:)

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back