2014 ~ How is everyone? News and updates.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pet_Bunny

Reaction score
It's been ages and I rarely check on the forum, unless I get a message from a member here. I have connected with many on Facebook, but for some, the only way to keep in touch is through RO.

I don't remember where or if there was a section that people in the pre or post Buck era that could chat amongst ourselves.

Anyways, I have been bunny less since Bebe passed away in September 16, 2013. She was 9 1/2 years old and joins Pebbles at Rainbow Bridge. I donated money to the shelter to honor Pebbles and Bebe's memory.
However I am able to get my bunny fix by spending my time as a volunteer at the Edmonton Humane Society. Since 2009, I have logged over 1500 volunteer hours at the shelter.

If I am not at the shelter or taking pictures, I work 6 days a week, and at the moment I come home after work to babysit my Granddaughter (2 years old) for another 5-6 hours.

So what is the status of everyone else? Who still have their bunnies or new bunnies. And what is everyone else doing?

1_EHS_CatricksDay_140315_292.jpg

1_EHS_CatricksDay_140315_286.jpg

I didn't realize it, but I guess the Buck's Bunny Bistro area that was reserved for our veteran members has been merged with this VIP area. Admittedly I'm not sure how many of our veteran members we still hear from.
It's great to hear from you though! I'm glad you're still able to get your bunny fix and I'm sure the bunnies appreciate it.
I'm 3/4 of my way through my second year of vet school. I am slave to an adorable duo: Watson and Cricket who I've had for a little over a year now. Watson is a black Polish and Cricket is a tricolor Mini Lop mix. They are by far the highlight of my days and sometimes I just sit at my bed and watch them cuddle with each other. I also take more pictures of them than a healthy person probably should.
I know I want to be some sort of exotics vet but at this point I'm deciding if I want to lean more the zoo route or more the companion exotics route. Last summer I did an externship at a zoo and this summer I'm spending one month in a hospital that sees all species and one month in an exotics-only hospital owned by a vet that sees almost exclusively rabbits so hopefully that will help me decide.

Not much new with us other than our health going south to darn fast. Still pretty sure we'll outlive most of our brood as they, like us are getting up in years, and then it'll be our son's problem. We lost Molly in February--she'd have been 16 in July if she'd have made it that far. We still have 6 furry little poopers and our son has 3. In a lot of ways we're like Christina--nothing but bunny pics on our phone including the main screen and my screen saver here is bunny pics, some gone more than 10 years now.

Back