2012 ARBA Convention in Kansas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm, it's right where I live.
Will there be anything interesting to do (or watch) for a regular bunny owner who don't show her rabbits?

majorv wrote:
Judging starts on Sunday. I recommend trying to go to one ARBA convention if you're into rabbits, even if you don't show. It's mind boggling the number of breeds and rabbits thatshow up! It doesn't cost anything to look around either.
Cool, coz my next question would be if those who watch need to buy tickets:)

Well starting on Friday everyone is moving in and getting settled. Saturday gets a little more busy and like my mom said judging starts Sunday and goes until Monday. I believe the presentation rabbits start Tuesday (these are the new breeds and colors of rabbits and cavies trying to get passed) by Wednesday all rabbits are released. I'm not sure what events they are going to have this year but all the booths have small raffles for the public to help raise money for the club and tons of info about each breed.

Here is the website and they have a schedule for the barn.
http://www.heartland2012.com/

Definitely figure on a day to walk around and look at everything; it'll blow your mind, particularly if you haven't bred and shown. It's an enormous world and there's a lot to see and many people to talk to. I wander around and look at breeds I don't normally see at regional shows. I know at Indianapolis there were more than 2000 each of Holland Lops, mini rex, Netherlands, mini-lops and Dutch, and over 600 Flemish.

The Best In Show judging can also be pretty spectacular, the closest thing we get to the Super Bowl or the World Series.

Yay Brenda!

AHH We leave tomorrow I am so stoked! I have 4 out of the 7 sale rabbits pre-sold and two people have inquired on the bucks remaining.

I might have to take pictures using my phone because I currently can't find my camera :( Maybe it will turn up but if not my phone will suffice. Mom is also bringing hers.

I made these cute for sale signs for the bunnies so If you go you can look for these (in the tans and polish) and its always nice to make new bunny friends :D
Untitledddd.jpg

See you in the Heartland :D

Awesome! I will keep an eye out for you! I am picking up my trio in the afternoon though and will have my 4yo and 1yo with me, lol. so not sure how long ill be there!

I am getting a trio of french lop out of eden/rd lines :) Going to play with tri-colors lol

I am hoping theres a bunch of rabbits there friday afternoon when I get there to gawk at lol, hoping my kids are as intrigued as me, too, so they behave instead of acting like monkeys!

Oh so awesome! I love frenchies and tris :D Theyre so adorable.

Everyone will be getting in place so probably lol

Dang! We already made plans to go home to Houston. The OPPOSITE direction. And convention is only a four hour drive away! Poop. Everybody have fun for me!

kmaben wrote:
Dang! We already made plans to go home to Houston. The OPPOSITE direction. And convention is only a four hour drive away! Poop. Everybody have fun for me!

Kaley- That is WAY more than a 4hr drive from Katy!! I am from the Houston area (Spring TX). I wish that it was only 4hrs though. I would SOOO convince my parents to take me or I would drive myself.

Have fun everybody that is going :) I envy you all.

woahlookitsme wrote:
I shall take pictures for those that are being deprived of the bunny fun :)

YAY! Thank you! I can't wait to see pics. This'll be my goal-to make it to the convention in the future some year.

Latest posts

Back