2012 ARBA Convention in Kansas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woahlookitsme

Reaction score
So as july comes to a close october gets closer and closer! Whos going to Convention, who are you taking or buying, and what are you excited to see? Pictures are welcome of the buns who will be competing !

I will so far be taking 5 juniors (3 black bucks, 1 black doe, 1 chocolate doe) and 2 seniors (1 choco doe and 1 choco buck) and am awaiting what else arrives in the nestbox for me this weekend!

I am SUPER excited to be able to watch the movie Rabbit Fever and see all of my bunny friends! Im also going to get me some more of those air fresheners with the different breeds on them. My tan one is still in my car just for the picture even though it lost the smell months ago! Lol! I'm also super excited to see if the BEW and Broken Brits pass again then they will have a new color! My friend is also hoping to finally have her red JW show and pass! Ill definitely be watching the white board by the standards committee!

woahlookitsme wrote:
So as july comes to a close october gets closer and closer! Whos going to Convention, who are you taking or buying, and what are you excited to see? Pictures are welcome of the buns who will be competing !

I will so far be taking 5 juniors (3 black bucks, 1 black doe, 1 chocolate doe) and 2 seniors (1 choco doe and 1 choco buck) and am awaiting what else arrives in the nestbox for me this weekend!

I am SUPER excited to be able to watch the movie Rabbit Fever and see all of my bunny friends! Im also going to get me some more of those air fresheners with the different breeds on them. My tan one is still in my car just for the picture even though it lost the smell months ago! Lol! I'm also super excited to see if the BEW and Broken Brits pass again then they will have a new color! My friend is also hoping to finally have her red JW show and pass! Ill definitely be watching the white board by the standards committee!
Ohhh I wish I was going!! I can't go this year but I will be at the one in 2013. Fortunately some other Tan people are heading down and offered to take mine with them and show them. I love these people! Right now, I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to send down. Almost everything of mine is still in the 2-4 week old stage so it's hard to tell. Right now I have 11 black kits, 13 chocolate kits and 6 lilac kits to choose from. No blues :( Will you have any blue Tans for sale? Ones like Union and Yankee? lol!

I am also excited to pick up my trio of black Silvers. With all the drama going on in the Tan club now (it's really getting out of hand!) I need something else to distract my attention for a bit. At this point, I'm thinking of washing my hands completely of it even though the Tans are my very very favorite.

fuzz16 wrote:
Where in ks is it?

Wichita, Kansas October 27-31 Here is their website
http://www.heartland2012.com/

I bred union and yankess full sister back to their blue daddy Seawolf (everything in his pedigree is black). Hopefully Ill get some more nice blues out of that and with no white toenails *crosses fingers*

I totally understand. There are many politics in the Tan club but I have heard it has always been that way. I dont know who to vote for president as they are total opposites but time will tell and I need to do my research. I stay out of the gossip and just enjoy the breed. I cant go to many of their breed shows anyways because they are always too far away but I wont let that stop me from raising buns that catch their attention when I do show with them :)

Congrats on your new breed though! Silvers are gorgeous buns!

I am so excited for the convention this year because it will be my first time at one and it is close enough to my town. I go to Wichata alot any ways.

I will be taking my jersey woolies. Maybe some himmis but I hav to see how they do at county and state fair.

I plan to take some Polish to show. I have 3 blacks, 1 broken, 3 blues and 1 REW - all juniors. I probably won't take any seniors...at least I don't think I will.:p

I'm not going, but a friend is going and said he'd take some of my rabbits if I wanted him to. Not sure if anything I have is good enough, but I plan to look for a French Lop buck...and then he can bring it home for me. :)

But I'll definitely be there next year...it'll be only an hour from me. Woooooohooooo!!! Everyone is super excited that it's finally coming back to PA. But it sure is going to suck for those on the west coast.

I'm afraid we probably won't do 2013. We went to San Diego and Indiana. Kansas is too close for us to miss, but PA is too far...but you never know!

LOL! You can bunk here, but I'm planning on getting a motel room down there. I HATE that long-assed boring drive to the Farm Show Complex. I wish I could go to Kansas, but it just isn't going to happen. Plus my buns aren't nearly good enough to show there...I just wanted to go watch...and shop. haha

YAY! Only 12 more days until we pack up for Kansas! I am totally excited!! Already have some babies spoken for and 10 of my tans are entered :)

Also very excited to attend RabbitCon 2012 to attend presentations covering many topics such as breeding, health, and improving your herd.

Kansas or Bust :D

I was a breeder for 4 years and I was never able to go. It was always too far away. My mom does not like to go more than 1.5-2 hrs for a show so we only ever went to 2-3 shows a year. (Sucks I know). I did not have good enough rabbits until my Senior year in HS either. I have always wanted to go, it has just not been an option for me :(

Thats how we were but luckily the lady who got me started in rabbits splits costs and even drives a van for transporting bunnies. She has been to every convention since she started showing rabbits 30 some odd years ago which is awesome. Our first one was San Diego California in 09

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe I'll convince Boyfriend to take me. :) (Not that I have any showable rabbits, but it'd be a learning experience. Plus, I could finally meet some rabbit people outside of the internet! :biggrin:)

Judging starts on Sunday. I recommend trying to go to one ARBA convention if you're into rabbits, even if you don't show. It's mind boggling the number of breeds and rabbits thatshow up! It doesn't cost anything to look around either.

I don't think it'll happen this year, but I might try to go next year. That weekend just won't work for me, and I have school/work/volunteer time during the week.

Latest posts

Back