2011 Texan Tales & Tails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TinysMom wrote:
198267_1886440321503_1256253569_32238492_4036386_n.jpg

One of the two Cali does (don't ask me which one).

Since one was honking - Robin has been calling them "Honky" and "Tonky".

Uh...yeah. I think they need new names.

Oh wait - NO NAMES. I can't name them cause then I'll want to keep them.

LOL, Don't mind me...I'm sorta reading your blog a bit backwards...just came across this. What a gorgeous bunnyface!

R.I.P. Finnster....

No idea why we lost you.....its a total shock.

What a conclusion to a lousy 24 hour period....if only we'd known you were sick!

We found out what Nyx needs for an assistant herd matron....Art shared this link with me (I'm assuming no rabbits were really harmed in the making of this video)...

Chicken Police

Please notice that BOTH rabbits are dealt with!!!

I am so sorry you lost Finnster, Peg :(. I hope you have a much better day today :hug2:.

The one bunny in the Chicken Police video looks EXACTLY like my Miss Molly-Sophia :)!

Thanks Amy....it was so hard this morning to walk out into the rabbitry and not give him his morning pettings. I wanted to cry.

On a different note - I think I've figured out which of the flee-lops I'm keeping (if any). If I don't keep this one - it will go to Dave & Karen.

I was feeding them a few minutes ago and this baby wanted more. Mind you - he'd had a lot and I was like, "No more syringes...your belly is going to burst if you don't pee and poop."

I no more than said "pee" than I got sprayed. Not sprinkled. Not dribbled on. SPRAYED.

Then - he had the audacity (even though his eyes aren't open yet) to tilt his head and look up at me while opening his mouth to find the syringe as if to say..."Ok...I emptied out some - more NOW!"

He got another 3 cc of formula.

We just lost the Cali runt a few minutes ago. It was really tough...it just failed to thrive.

Last night I wanted a way to share my babies with y'all and after several blurry photos I came up with a way.

Here are a few of the videos - the last ones are uploading to photobucket now.

[align=center]

[/align][align=center]Just click to watch
[/align]

Thanks everyone - I hope you clicked on the photos to see the videos - I couldn't remember how to embed them.

The babies are so precious...

The two black flee-lops are currently named "Jessie James" (cause he's a "shooter") and Dirty Harry (cause he's a messy eater).

I'm guessing if both make it - Dirty Harry is the one going to a new home (Dave & Karen I believe)...unless we decide to let Jessie go too - then they'll get their choice. And of course the names CAN be changed...

Aww Peg I am sorry you had a lousy weekend. I'm so sorry to hear about your Finnster. :(

I loved the videos though! I must admit, the lil black ones are my favs. They seem to have a lot of personality already :biggrin:

How great that Dave and Karen will take one. :biggrin2:We'll get to see them grow up then :biggrin:

I'm thinking that if the two Calis make it and they are girl/boy then we'll go w/ Bonnie & Clyde (until they get adopted).

I forgot to say this earlier - we have OPEN EYES! One of the flee-lops has one eye open and the other one has both eyes open.

YEAH!

The Calis aren't that far behind even though they're younger.

I think the flee-lops are also cuter right now because they're older and more active...but then again - they are Nyx's grandchildren....

Ugh so want a Cali. :(

First the bad news - lost another Cali baby. I suspected we might as it didn't eat as well last night and wasn't holding its body temperature like I'd like. Not sure why....and I overslept this morning and was upset - but Art showed me how it still had food in its tummy when it died - so it wasn't for lack of food.

And yes - we'd stimulated it to pee and poo.

Now for the other news.

First - Art has a herd doe that has adopted him. She is one of Harmony's "not-named yet" daughters and he is naming her Diane from an ad for an annuity company...something about "I like to talk to Diane...she's a sweetie." Well - this girl IS a sweetie (she's the one who tries to get me to put food down for her in a separate place so she can eat alone).

Diane spends most of her day under Art's desk and has gone from nipping at him to get him to move his feet - to giving his feet and ankles kisses.

I suspect he now is a bunny slave to a specific bunny.

Serves him right!

Now on the baby front....so funny. I was feeding the babies this morning and some of the cutest things happened.

First I fed the Cali baby and then I put it back in the nestbox. I grabbed the first flee-lop I could get to feed and it was Jesse James....easy feeding! So I'm feeding Jesse and the Cali baby finds its way out of the nestbox and curls up by my feet on the bed. Ok.

Then Dirty Harry tries to climb INTO the mug of formula that is sitting in the nestbox as I syringe out of it.

I move the mug before he can take a formula bath...and he also gets out of the nestbox and lays at my feet and tries for a minute to suck off them - before he curls up to wait his turn.

So I feed Jesse and love on him a bit and then I get Harry to feed him. He actually does really really good with this feeding (I'll share about my training in a minute) - and afterwards I'm petting his cheeks and saying "Pettings" so he gets used to the word and knows what it means...and I am SO GLAD I'd wrapped him up in a fresh paper towel because he just let loose and SOAKED the paper towel...and then I swear he smiled at me. Of course, I was laughing...I mean he got me pretty good....well...the paper towel at least.

Anyway - I'm training them with three words now. The first one is "Bottle". I say that as I go to put the syringe in their mouth.

Then - since the two flee-lops will hold onto it and not let it go when they're done - I am saying "give" and pulling it out. They're getting it! Now I say "give" and they let me take it without a fight.

And of course - the final word is "pettings".

I'm really hoping these three make it.

You know - I was so upset about having to hand raise these babies but to be honest with you - I'm almost happy that I'm having to do it. Yes - it takes up about 2-3 hours of my day....but what fun it is now that they're getting older.

TinysMom wrote:
The two black flee-lops are currently named "Jessie James" (cause he's a "shooter") and Dirty Harry (cause he's a messy eater).

I'm guessing if both make it - Dirty Harry is the one going to a new home (Dave & Karen I believe)...unless we decide to let Jessie go too - then they'll get their choice. And of course the names CAN be changed...
Does Dirty Harry come with sunglasses and a tiny .357 pistol?

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:

Oh he's got a pistol all right...and he shoots it quite often too!

TinysMom wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:

Oh he's got a pistol all right...and he shoots it quite often too!
Its at least a semi-automatic - if not fully automatic!

Latest posts

Back