2 questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticcrystal

Reaction score
I went to tractor supply and got Equine fresh pine pellets. Has anybody used this as litter? I also got Manna Pro for rabbits. I feed Timothy pellets right now. Manna Pro was so cheap. It was 9 bucks for 25 lbs. Is this a good pellet?

The bedding pellets should be fine. Horse stall pellets are safe for rabbits. You may want to open the bag and let it air out for a couple days before you use it.

I think that Manna Pro is a decent brand. It is alfalfa based and tends to be higher protein that what most pet rabbits need. You should keep an eye on your rabbits to make sure they aren't gaining a lot of weight and aren't getting other issues from the alfalfa. You could mix it with the stuff you are feeding so they still get some of the benefits of the timothy pellets. Personally, I would not change the feed unless it is not working for some reason.

Are there any rescues near you? You may be able to donate it. Ask if they will take it first. Don't open it until you get an answer as some places won't take open bags. If you donate it, at least some bunnies can benefit since a lot of shelters don't get many rabbit specific donations.

Latest posts

Back