2 questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loppalove

Reaction score
1:

My mini rex, sticks his butt up to edge of cage and pees outside of it. I know i know, urine guards, right? WRONG! I cant find them anywhere!! UGHHH! Also, when free roaming the house, he pees on or right next to my english lop. Who doesnt seem to mind, but i do! Is this just him being dominant? They are both about 4 months old, both intact, and both bucks.

2:

My english lop, Henry, loves his food...infact, all he does is eat eat eat. What amount is appropriate daily for his breed and large size. He seems to ALWAYS be hungry!

TIA!

My mini Albino used to use the corner of her hutch, so I put a corner pan there. If you can't find urine guards try cutting a cardboard box to fit the front--found that pieces of a box work great for all kinds of problems and won't hurt your bunnies as they can chew it without causing problems. As to the second problem with how much to feed--usually, the food I get has the recommended amount to give based on weight. My small rabbits get 1/8th of a cup and my checkered giant (17 pounds) gets 3/4ths a day. They all get timothy hay with no limit and again depending on their size they get 1 to 2 cups of fresh vegetables daily (in 2 separate feedings).

1. i think he;s marking. getting him fixed will solve that. if you cant find urine guards use a bag so he sprays on that outside the cage and not the wall
and its probably him being dominent

2. dont know how much you should feed him...at 6lbs. my holland lop got a little more than half a cup a day cause he was overweight and just let him get out and excercise

well I'll answer as best as I can, I'm sure others will hop in with responses too.

1. lets start with urine guards. Go to a home depot or lowes store if there is anything like that near you and pick up some remnant pieces of tile board (sometimes you can get stuff that they are throwing out for free) and cut it into 2 inch strips and wire onto the cage. Works great!

As far as peeing on or next to the other bunny, I'd say either keep them separated when free roaming or have them neutered.

2. How old is the EL? Young growing bunnies require more food. I have a friend that had an EL and he only ate 1 cup of pellets a day (as an adult) but ate tons of hay.

Bunnymom,K wrote:

2. How old is the EL? Young growing bunnies require more food. I have a friend that had an EL and he only ate 1 cup of pellets a day (as an adult) but ate tons of hay.

He is about 4 months or so...the rabbitry he came from could not sell him with his brothers and sisters, because he is an albino and i guess people were turned off by his red eyes and gigantic pink ears. I felt bad for him and brought him home. He was actually free, she said she just wanted him to have a good home. I have only had him about 1 week. He is adjusting well, very calm and relaxed (much much more than our rex...the difference in their personalities is striking..)

He does eat TONS of hay..pretty much anything i put infront of him he devours. I will keep it at about a cup a day..see how that goes.

fuzz16 wrote:
1. i think he;s marking. getting him fixed will solve that. if you cant find urine guards use a bag so he sprays on that outside the cage and not the wall
and its probably him being dominent

2. dont know how much you should feed him...at 6lbs. my holland lop got a little more than half a cup a day cause he was overweight and just let him get out and excercise
yes, i called vet to get a quote for a neuter, and it was $110:shock:is that the normal/average price for a neuter on a rabbit? Holy hell!

Latest posts

Back