11 day old bunny with head tilt!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love.the.bunnies

Reaction score
So he fell yesterday, and I did research and it seems that he may have head tilt.. His head isn't tilted. But he has no balance and keeps rolling over. Since it was caused by trauma and not an infection. How treatable is it. How long until it'll go away. He stills eats normally.:pray:

So sorry the little munchin is still having problems. As I've experienced head tilts, and rolling twice with my bunnies, I understand the concern. But both of mine had inner ear infections, which wereboth treated successfully and all symptomsdisappeared, last being the head tilt in about a month. Your bunny might have a neurological problem because of being dropped.He's definitely showing that he can not keep his balance. Bunnies need to keep right side up due tothe Hard wired prey instinct, so they will struggle to try to balance themselves.I'm not sure how long it will take to cure something likethat because I haven't gone through it and I'm not a Vet,or if there is even a way to cure it.

I would just observe. And if need by, call your Rabbit Savvy Vet and bring the munchin in to see him/her. Because your munchin is the runt, some other things could be going on and have nothing to do with the fall. The fall could have just kicked started it.

Wish I was more helpful. Please keep us updated on this sweet little munchkin. BTW, how are the other babies doing? No problems with them?

K:)

Latest posts

Back