1 kit 3 placentas no dead babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy Werts

Reaction score
Silver fox doe, 1 year old, giving birth at 33 days gestation. First pregnancy. Checked on her tonight, and there was 1 baby, but i found 3 placentas. Did not find any dead babies. Single baby on cage floor, I placed it in the nest box. I will keep checking to see if she has anymore babies. If she doesn't have any more, do you think i should foster to the other doe (California) that gave birth a week ago, or leave the single with the mother?

I've had rabbits as pets in the past and they had accidental breedings. Never a problem with those litters. Started with rabbits again last year. The other doe had a successful litter of 6 last spring and a litter of three in October that all died. I'm guessing from the cold.

Thx for any help, much appreciated.
Nancy

Yes, if she doesn't have any more then foster. How many kits does the Californian have already? You may need to supplement her with some old fashioned oats. It is likely too cold for her to be a singleton.

Yes, if she doesn't have any more then foster. How many kits does the Californian have already? You may need to supplement her with some old fashioned oats. It is likely too cold for her to be a singleton.

I live in SC and the rabbits are inside, so I'm not so worried about the cold. The single did good through the night. I would like to give the Silver Fox a chance at being a mama. I will keep my eye on the baby. If things start to go south, I will foster. The California had 6 babies. All survived so far. They are 1 week old today. Thank you for your response.

Latest posts

Back