`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·♥MsBinky's Herd♥·._.··´¯``·.¸¸.·´

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww :( Have you posted any missing kitty posters? You should emphasize how dearly she is missed and that you really want her back. Maybe she's still just hiding out? I hope she comes back soon!!! And the story about Annabel bustin' out then chillin' on the bed is really cute. She's such a cute girl!

[align=center]...[/align]

[align=center]At about 10:30 pm, I had a major break down. I was hysterical, crying, screaming, throwing things... I was begging, pleading, imploring God to let Houdina come home because I had lost so much this year. I begged Him to return her to me, so that I can make it up to her as I had gotten really angry with her before she left. [/align]

[align=center]Under my window I have a desk, so I cleared a section, and sat there rattling her can of treats for over 40 minutes. I put a fresh can of tuna. Nothing. I kept crying and crying and finally gave up, resting my head on my arms on the window sill, exhausted and empty. I raised my head, and saw a small pair of eyes just staring at me. I couldn't speak for a second, and we just sat there staring at each other. "Houdina" I whispered, and she raaaaan to me, climbing against the window screen, rubbing against it while I fumbled clumsily to open it. Hands shaking, I could barely believe it was her as I grabbed her and shut the windows shut. [/align]

[align=center]Even now, watching her gobble the can of tuna like no tomorrow, hearing her purring, feeling her rubbing against me, it's all so surreal. She's spread tuna all over my bed, she's dirty, and I couldn't give ahoot.My kitty is home and she has forgiven me.[/align]

[align=center]:hearts:cry4::hearts[/align]

MsBinky wrote:
[align=center]Even now, watching her gobble the can of tuna like no tomorrow, hearing her purring, feeling her rubbing against me, it's all so surreal. She's spread tuna all over my bed, she's dirty, and I couldn't give ahoot.My kitty is home and she has forgiven me.[/align]

[align=center]:hearts:cry4::hearts[/align]

Awww.. I read your blog earlier and was so sad to hear that Houdina was missing... (I'd just not had chance to respond) but now I'm just so happy for you that she's home and safe! That story as well, it made me cry... it's just so unbelievably lucky that you decided to sit there and call for her, and that you looked up when you did....

I'm soooo happy she's home with you again, where she belongs! :hug:

Jen xx

P.S I love your blog! And I'm gonna bunny nap Annabel!! :p

Thank you. I'm really still trying to convince myself she's here, she's safe... She knows it though. She's head butting me and she's stolen my pillow. She is home indeed.

I am taking her to the vet's tomorrow. She brought home some friends that I don't really like. Lol. Poor thing, she is starving :(She probably was hiding somewhere all along...

As for bunny napping Annabel, nah uh! No way!

Houdina is HOME!!!!!!! :biggrin2::balloons::pinkelepht::highfive::pinkbouce::party::happyrabbit: and Mylo throws in a :headflick:

Sorry about all the emoticons, I'm just so happy that she's safe and home with you! How incredibly wonderful! I just KNEW she'd come back! :woohoo Whenever I saw you'd posted in your blog, I clicked on it in the hope that she was back. And what amazing timing... I can't tell you how glad I am that your kitty is finally home where she belongs.

Thank you so much. I really can't explain how happy I am. I hadn't realized just how much she meant to me until she was gone :(Anyhow, none of that matters now. She is home and I am just so freaking happy. She is mewing at me plenty and rubbing against me and insists on snuggling against me. I love her to bits.

[align=center]Oof, last night was rough. I only closed my eyes from a brief moment only to spot a tick crawling inches from my head. Needless to say, EWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I was freaking and ugh, no no no I didn't want one on me or them spreading.[/align]
[align=center]I felt horrible but I put Houdina in the bathroom, which she absolutely hates. She was crying so much that I started crying. Poor thing, she just got home and I lock her up... I grabbed everything on the bed and shoved it in garbage bags, closed and waiting to fix my machine to wash it in boiling water. I jumped in the shower because I was just a tad bit freaking. Lol. I put the water as hot as I could stand and really scrubbed down good. Glad I did because I indeed had one on me. Ewwww. [/align]
[align=center]I stayed awake till 7am and then took a nap til 10 at which time I called the vets. The first vet couldn't take me until Friday and i really didn't want to leave her in the bathroom with a bunch of ticks sucking her blood. No way, we'd been through enough. Finally I called the vet hospital where I take the rabbits (which I really should always call first in any case) and got an appointment for 1:30pm. [/align]
[align=center]I got there and we were put in isolation. The vet only spotted 2 at first until I told her where all the other ones were and she looked at me pretty stunned. It's very rare that they get animals in residential areas with multiple ticks especially since she only ran away and isn't an outdoor cat. She handed her over to a technician who really took the time to check her and pull them out properly. I was really happy that I decided to take her in rather than do it myself as they have better tools and products and more info.[/align]
[align=center]The technician handed her back to me and then the vet and I checked her quite thorougly and were pleased with the results. Houdina was just a doll and really just kept licking us and rubbing against us, letting us do anything we wanted. Meanwhile, the vet had asked my rabbit vet (from the same hospital) about treating the buns and my vet was more than in agreement with that. She was really happy to know that it would be done. She suggested I get 2 boxes in order to treat for two months but at 85$ a box I asked if she thought I could try one month first and see how things went. Houdina will be getting the extra one anyway. So that's what I am doing.[/align]
[align=center]Along with the tick pulling, the vet did a full exam. She also redid her shots because I had accidentally forgotten the last one. We discussed the spay and it will be scheduled in 10 days. At the same time, she will give her a rabies shot, just to be safe since she went out. I am taking no chances at all. In a month, I go for her last booster.[/align]
[align=center]The ticks are being sent to Public Safety in order to be tested. I had to pay for that as well but I wouldn't do otherwise. If there are any risks present,I want to be aware and have the neighborhood know as well. We can get together and try to get rid of them. My vet has asked that I mention it to people with pets that go outdoors. [/align]
[align=center]Once home, I went back out to get her some new toys. Noooo mommy is not spoiling her at all. *Blushes* I got her some cute things and the pet shop gave me this fluffy ball which is exactly her fav. toy in the world. While there, I asked to see the tags. They had some cute metal shapes and I picked out a pink heart on which they will engrave her name and both my phone numbers. Just in case. I really have no intention of losing her again, but in any case, I am covering all my tracks. I even considered having her microchipped. [/align]
[align=center]Anywho, now she is laying against me and snoozing. I feel crappy having her have a shot today but anyway, no choice :(At least it gives her 10 days to destress before the surgery. I have decided not to wait and see if she is pregnant. There is just enough overpopulation already and finding good homes is hard enough. I feel I am doing it early enough. I just hope it really is the right thing to do. It's a hard decision, I am against abortion even in animals, but right now I have to wonder what is worse. [/align]
[align=center]Soooooooooo that's basically it. I have many pictures to upload later! :biggrin2:[/align]

How many ticks were on Houdina? Poor girl! Also, I don't think you need to wash your stuff in boiling water with ticks. I don't know where ticks lay their eggs, but I'm pretty sure you don't need to worry about ticks "hatching" in your clothing and bedding :) Just tryin' to save you some effort! Also, I think the microchipping sounds like a good idea- there is some controversy surrounding it, but I think a lot of the negative aspects aren't really relevant with the microchips they use now. Rory was microchipped when he was neutered, and I plan to microchip Mylo and Tallulah when they're fixed. I pray that none of my bunnies ever gets lost, but if they do, at least being microchipped gives them a slightly better chance of getting back to me! With a pet like a cat or dog, I think microchipping is even more advantageous since cats and dogs escape and are brought to shelters a lot more than bunnies are.

Again, I'm so glad that Houdina is HOOOOME!

Thanks Shiloh :):rose:I don't know how many there were but I know of 7-8 myself. I am not taking chances with the bedding since I found 2 crawling around. Ugh! I just want to make sure they cannot survive. :crazinessLol.

Maaaaaaaan I just called the DMV. Stupid me had completely forgotten about a small bowl of tuna from a few days ago and of course, she found it. :yuckDarn it. I am worried because the tuna hasn't been in the fridge, etc. They said that there is a possibility that diarrhea and vomitting will occur and if profuse, to take her in. Oy :thud:I was thinking of making her vomit myself but anyhow, they said it might not be a problem since it was colder these days... I have a bad feeling I will be rushing her in ina few hours... :nerves1

On a positive note... Houdina has this fluffy ball which is her favorite toy. Before she ran off, she had been bringing it onto the bed during the night to play soccer, yes on me, off me, while I was trying to sleep... Lol. Well she always hides this ball and she just found it and is just a tad bit hyper! At least she is ok fromt he shot. Ever since the fever broke she's been fine. Now it's to wait and see with the tuna... :?She's so hungry she is eating anything and everything. I gave her food but being careful not to exaggerate or she will just be sick and voila, she finds others ways. Grrr

My blog is broken :(Lol. It says gingi is the last to have replied and I see nothing. I only see my post as being the last. Gingi, quit messin with my head :p

Ah ok, now I see Gingi posted but they are blank :?Gingiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :p

That's right! I broke your blog. I broke your blog because you can't read anyway!

Perhaps no one has told you that this section of the forum is entitled "Bunny Blogs". BUNNY...not kitty...bunny!!!

So, please stop your incessant blathering about Houdina this and Houdina that...

You've got my human slaves doing the same thing. "Houdina is back". "Poor Houdina had ticks." "Houdina's return is the best news all week." Houdina, Houdina, Houdina!

How 'bout some respect for poor Annabel & company? This is their blog. Or have you been ignoring them to dote on the "poor kitty" who made her own decision to bust outta there and get some action?

Look, tell that pathetic flea-bitten hairball you call a cat to get her own site at CatSpace, Unitedcats, or somewhere like that.

Your ruler,

Queen Gingivere
bunnyqueen.gif

P.S. - That's it Annabel...I'm coming for you...pack your bunsack.

("For goodness' sake, Gingi, get away from the computer before the human catches you. You'll get us all in trouble and she'll cut off our new supply of fresh alfalfa. Yes, I know cats are underlings, but let's not lose our creature comforts trying to prove it.")

Oh, ahem. (*clears throat) So sorry about the thread being hijacked. M'Lady, Queen Gingivere, allowed her anger to get a bit out of control. Please don't tell our humans, though, ma'am. It could be rather bad for all of us.

At your service,

Captain Snow

Gingi dear, you may be your slave's ruler but you ain't mine :pIf it were up to me, you'd be bathe every day til you behaved :p:p:pOk ok, so ya know I luvs ya anyway (especially when you are snoozing) :tongue

Captain Snow, how are you feeling my dear? You are just such a gentleman. Gingi could learn a few things from you huh? Hihihi.

[align=center]*********************[/align]
[align=center]So, I am going to try and fix the photos but I am feeling really really crappy. I got myself sick by sleeping by the window the other night but it was well worth it. Hihi. Hopefully I will have the pics up tonight.[/align]

Sorry about the broken blog :nerves1and Gingi's verbal abuse. She's been expressly directed to stay away from the computer. But I am out of town tomorrow and at work Saturday...who knows what will happen in my absence.

Hugs to Houdina & the bunnies for me! Looking forward to some photos of the newly returned girl.

[align=center]It's been a little while since I've updated, so here's a bit of news and some pics...[/align]

[align=center]First of all, Dahlia and Ariella will most likelybe leaving this week. Hopefully, they will be headed to their new home and family and not the shelter. It's looking better now so maybe the next time you hear about them they will be in their new home. I thought it'd be easier than this but I am finding it quite hard and I am tearing up a little bit. We may not share the same bond as I have with my other buns, but I do love them terribly. Dahlia has grown such beautiful fur and she has the most adorable little ears. Ariella is just gorgeous... I might be a little biased but I do think I have some of the cutest bunners in Montreal. :)[/align]

[align=center]Bam-Bam is just too funny. I put him in his condo after having secluded him to look after him. He went absolutely nuts, binkying, running, and rubbing his chin everywhere. He was just too adorable to watch. He still dislikes Annabel and it's annoying to have to block off the area so he doesn't bite her. When the girls will go, I will be rebuilding the condos and he'll probably go on top... [/align]

[align=center]Annabel? She charms anyone who spends 5 mins with her. My father called me last Sunday and told me to go over and relax with him in the yard. I took Annabel with me since my father hadn't seen her yet. Well, it's a good thing he had taken allergy meds before I got there because he spent a good part of the day playing with her. Lol. We watched a DVD and she lay on her back in his arms the whole time. He was amazed at how calm she was. My parents' cat actually played with her and Annabel enjoyed chasing her around. This girl really puts a smile on my face.[/align]

[align=center]Houdina... Oy. This girl is putting me through all kinds of emotions. First was the fear of having lost her, then it was dealing with her ticks, then worrying about the spay, then rage at her peeing on the brand new futon, and now it's back to worrying... Two to three days ago, as I was petting her, she suddenly became really aggressive and started crying out. It didn't take much to figure that something was hurting and I was able to find the exact spot... I pushed away the fur and basically found a hole, although the fur remained in the centre... It looked real sore and I felt so bad for her. I cut away the fur, cleaned it, applied Polysporin, and then put a cold pack against her during the night. She went right to sleep while I wondered about what may have caused it. I knew I was going to the vet's today so I decided to wait it out. It was indeed an abscess. To make thinkgs worse, yesterday, I realized that I wasn't seeing things, she did have a bump where her stitches were. Well this morning, I felt like they might have forgotten a golf ballinside. I knew that this wasn't going to be a simple appointment just to remove the stitches. As expected, when the vet saw the bump, he looked at me and told me she wasn't coming home. They have to cut her open. :(I was terrified of infection but he says it looks more like the stitches came apart inside. I admit, I was terrified that we were facing more surgery and the costs of surgery. However, he says that it's part of the deal with the spay and so they are doing all of this at no cost.We don't even have to pay the consult. We love her to death but poor Mario had to dish out over 1000$ for her just this month and here we are struggling to have him come back home. It's pretty rough but I am really happy that things should be ok. I miss her tons already and I felt so bad. I will be a nervous wreck even more than when she got spayed until i know that it really is just the stitches that came apart. :?[/align]

[align=center]Okies, I think I talked enough :phere are some pics for you to enjoy:[/align]

[align=center]Bam-Bam and his famous picture...[/align]

[align=center]
strawberries.png
[/align]

[align=center]Now I feel bad because I don't have as many pics of Dahlia but she never stays put so they blur :p[/align]

[align=center]
Dahlia.png
[/align]

[align=center]The beautiful Ariella...[/align]

[align=center]
Ariella.png
[/align]

[align=center]Annabel...[/align]

[align=center]
Annabel.png
[/align]

[align=center]Do you see a resemblance? I always think of this stuffed bunny when I see Annabel. Lol.[/align]

[align=center]
annastuffed2.png
[/align]

[align=center]And Houdina doing what cats do best...[/align]

[align=center]
Houdina-1.png
[/align]

[align=center]Houdina decided that that spot in Annabel's cage is hers. She is always watching over Annabel. :)[/align]

[align=center]
Houdina2.png
[/align]

[align=center][/align]

Gosh, I haven't posted in here in awhile!:shock:

The buns are just gorgeous! That pic of the stuffie is hilarious in comparison to Annabelle, hee!:p

Love this pic!

strawberries.png

Houdina is home. She is a just a taaadbit upset with the collar... Lol. Poor thing will have had it on for 4 weeks straight. She is doing rather well though she is sleepier than the first time. I think the antibiotics they gave her has something to do with it. I didn't have to pay anything other than the pain killers. They didn't even charge me for the abscess or the shot... I'm really happy to have this place. They are reallygreat and they love her a lot :)She's known as the poor little kitten who was covered in ticks and made all the vets freak out :pShe is on my bed when I am here but since I am leaving she will be in the bathroom so no unsupervised time to run aroundtil she is all healed. :)

Get well soon Houdina! Give her some scritches from me.
I'm so sorry youhave to rehome some buns, Sophie. If I could I would take Ariella, wouldn't her and Newt look fab together??

Latest posts

Back