Arizona Lion- Giant's Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE - Jan - 11

Tux is doing amazing! Though he has went backwards in the bonding part as far as i'm concerned.
He is back to hiding when I walk into the room and wont come when called. But I expected that so I'm not to phased by it. :coolness:

Also I didn't even bother putting the cone on last night. He doesn't even bother his wrap and seems super comfortable this way.
No sign of licking and chewing! YAY I might try taking it off for this afternoon and watch him. He may leave it alone now that he's had time to adjust.

14y8ymu.jpg

Also, I was on petfinder (I need to stop doing this!) And 2 hours from me there is an AMAZING looking bunny!

n1sehs.jpg

I know two has to be my max. But I can still share on facebook and spread around that he needs a home :3 I would even be willing to do pick up and drop offs for him.
I support the Regina and Moose Jaw humane societies fully because they work hard for their animals.
I have yet to hear of them having to put an animal down because it was over its due date.
After the time is up they get put into foster care until their forever home rolls around.

So with that all said, I may not be able to give this little guy the home he needs, but I can help him find one!​

Lion is beautiful beautiful beautiful! Glad he is eating his pellets again! I find neutering is not as stressful as spaying though either way (I could be wrong, don't quote me on that;))

How sweet of you to help that bun try to find a good home and for his sake I really hope he does find one!

Lion is beautiful beautiful beautiful! Glad he is eating his pellets again! I find neutering is not as stressful as spaying though either way (I could be wrong, don't quote me on that;))

How sweet of you to help that bun try to find a good home and for his sake I really hope he does find one!

Thank you for the kind words! I really want him to feel better. I wish I could change the title, his name is Tux now. Oh well haha

And yes, I really hope Simba finds a home soon!

UPDATE - Jan - 11

I took the wrap off Tux for about 3 hours and he did fine. And then it wasn't.
He chewed it up pretty bad, went to the vet. Fixed it up (He behaved wonderfully) And now back to being wrapped.
At least hes ok with the wrap, so I will be keeping it on until he looks fully healed this time.

hx7qma.jpg

You could ask one of the mods to change the title for you.

Thanks! I will :3

Handsome boy! Is he otter?

Yes he is Otter :3 The first one I've ever seen actually.

UPDATE - Jan - 14

Today is a good day :3
I worked with Nevada, and she didn't growl at me at all today. [she's super hormonal and territorial.]

Also Tux no longer has his cone or wrap on! He's pretty much back to normal!
He no longer hides every time someone comes in, and he's getting back on track with clicker/target training [How I 'tamed/bonded' with him in the first place]

Even Nevada is back to clicker training. She was doing good until she hit 4 months. Then she would just attack me or the target....
But know she seems to have gotten over it a bit.
She's such a jerk face! She would pin her ears and wait until i'm either not looking or go to leave the room.
It was a pretty big shock the first time she did it. But know I just deal with it and show he I'm the boss.

I honestly had no idea rabbits could be so pushy! Makes me giggle anyways.

r20qpf.jpg

ALSO
Check out --> http://cute-fight.com/
There aren't enough bunnies for me to 'fight against :(

I'm glad Tux is doing ok now. I bet he's glad to have that wrap off. He sure is a handsome bun. I just love the otter color!

UPDATE- Jan - 17

Tux is WAY better then he has ever been with me! He Binkyed this morning! First time I've ever seen him do it!
Also he's very curious and will now sleep at me feet like Nevada did before she got all hormonal.

And clicker training is back on track, though I'm taking it slow and don't have the time right now to work on any tricks XD

23wtz4p.jpg

His favorite place is his dig box, he never goes bathroom in it so the hay stays fresh longer woot!!

3135g93.jpg

He's super cute! Good luck with the clicker training.

Glad that he is doing soo good. Is that his normal food bowl? If so that is HUGE. He is really cute :)

Haha that's his Veggie dish. His pellet one is the green attached one in the picture from Jan 14th. He only gets a 3rd of a cup of pellets and unlimited hay, plus greens every morning.

He's still gaining weight from when I first got him all skin and bones pretty much.
And not to mention how greasy and dull his coat used to be. Now he's super soft.

Can anyone suggest how to better his diet so he could gain a little more weight without using more pellets? He hardly finishes his pellets a day as is. He prefers veggies and hay. I was thinking of adding Alfalfa to his diet. Would that help at all?

Once he's at a good weight I would adjust his diet accordingly.

I had an issue with Phoenix when I found her. You can add some oats and oat hay to his diet to help him bulk up that will really help out and if to can get your hands on a daily multivitamin or supplement for buns that will prep his body and have it reAdily absorb more nutrients from what he is eating

Sorry for the spelling lol stupid iPad

Thanks! I'll have to look in on the supplements at our local store. I didn't even think of that. Also the oats are a good idea. He currently is on a mixture of hay, including Oat Hay. But the actual Oats would prob be a good mix.

Hi! I just read through your blog. Tux is a beautiful boy, so handsome. I love bunnies with white bellies I think they are soo cute! I'm lucky Ash has a white belly.

I hope you can get Tux to bulk up.

Hi! I just read through your blog. Tux is a beautiful boy, so handsome. I love bunnies with white bellies I think they are soo cute! I'm lucky Ash has a white belly.

I hope you can get Tux to bulk up.

Thanks so much! Yes the otter color is awesome for sure! Do you have a blog I missed? Id love to see a photo of Ash.

Tux had already gained alot, so im sure he will fine in another month or so :3

UPDATE - 01 - FEB

I know it's been a long time since I have given you all an update.
Tux is doing great...

But I am still getting over the death of my heart rabbit Nevada.
She passed away a few weeks ago of unknown causes. The vet believes it may have been a heart attack. Or something to do with her breeding. She had been perfectly fine when I left her for work.

So I may not be as active, since the wound is still rather fresh and I'm just not ready to jump back into the swing of things.
But know Tux is thriving and has been playing! I've never seen him binkey until I had gotten him fixed! <3

I'm sorry about Nevada and yes it is never easy to lose them. Hang in there.

Glad Tux is doing well and binkying away :)

So sad to read this, thought it was a while since you´d been on. You must be absolutely devastated, she was such a gorgeous girl and I´m sure we all understand that it takes time to recover from the loss of your heart bunny.

Glad to hear Tux is back to normal now and great that he´s binkying.

My thoughts are with you. :bunnyangel2:

I took the wrap off Tux for about 3 hours and he did fine. And then it wasn't.
He chewed it up pretty bad, went to the vet. Fixed it up (He behaved wonderfully) And now back to being wrapped.
At least hes ok with the wrap, so I will be keeping it on until he looks fully healed this time.

hx7qma.jpg

I'm not sure if you mentioned already, but how long until he was healed all the way? I just got my girl spayed, and she chewed it open on the 3rd day and I had her stitched up again, but now they put a dumb collar on her that I hate. She's absolutely going batty that she can't get to her cecals or wash her face and ears, so I want to take her back soon to have the vet take the collar off and wrap her instead. I remembered this post when I took her in for the re-stitch and asked them for a wrap, but they insist the collar is better. I disagree.

So anyway, I was wondering if you recall how long the wrap stayed on. Vet told me the collar has to stay on for 14 days, and that's just NOT happening. I figured I'd just add a couple days to Tux's time since her incision is longer.

Back