Recent content by Sunshine's Fine

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

  1. Sunshine's Fine

    Anyone looking to rehome a boy? - Melb/Australia

    I'm sorry I don't have any helpful advice, except I did have a male bunny who was in love with my arm. He humped me every time I got near him. I had him neutered and it calmed down a lot, but it did take a bit of time. He turned into the sweetest, most loving bun I've ever had. You might...
  2. Sunshine's Fine

    RIP Gally

    I'm so sorry you lost your precious Gally. I can just picture him racing for his Yum Yums. I have 2 girls and they are free roam all day, but go into their pen at night when I'm in bed. I block my bedroom off with a pet gate because 'someone' peed in there and chewed the wallpaper, but no one...
  3. Sunshine's Fine

    Urinate up on the cage, why do he do that?

    I have 2 girls and they love each other 90% of the time. The other 10% they will bite the other if they're in the way of the food, little one likes to hump the big one on her head, and they will pee on the food dish after they've eaten their fill. Such brats! They are just so adorable and I...
  4. Sunshine's Fine

    Good rabbit treats? ( not homemade )

    Oxbow makes freeze dried strawberries. They're cut into small pieces so you don't have to break them up, and there is no added sugar. You'd think that would be easy to find, but it's not. It's crazy - they add sugar to everything now. I saw a big bag of dried blueberries at Costco and was...
  5. Sunshine's Fine

    Cleaning Bunny Bottom

    I'm glad you're able to talk to them about this. I'm sure you already know they should never eat pasta or bread - even small amounts. Bunnies are complicated pets and I'm not sure where you live, but even though I live in a large, urban area, it's difficult to find vets who specialize in...
  6. Sunshine's Fine

    Cleaning Bunny Bottom

    Just a warning to you. My parents were very good to let me move with them after my divorce and I moved back to where I grew up. They didn't want me to bring my bunny, but ended up falling in love with him. I had to take him over for visits after I moved out, because they missed him so much...
  7. Sunshine's Fine

    Cleaning Bunny Bottom

    I used to have problems with one of my bunnies, and often had to bathe her. Putting her in a plastic basin with 3 or 4" of water works really well, especially if it's really caked on. The more that is on there, the longer you need to soak. I usually took my free hand and swished it back and...
  8. Sunshine's Fine

    Bunny Garden Question

    Thanks, it does! :)
  9. Sunshine's Fine

    Bunny Garden Question

    I'm not much of a gardener, so I will admit my ignorance there, but I wouldn't be using a litter I thought was not safe for my rabbits. The whole purpose of buying this brand is for #1) the safety & comfort of my buns, #2) veterinarian recommended, and #3) it's safe for the environment. Below...
  10. Sunshine's Fine

    Bunny Garden Question

    I've been wanting to grow some veggies for my bunnies for a long time, although I live in a one bedroom apt in a high rise building. I also thought poop would make perfect fertilizer. My question is this: would it be ok to use the poop along with Yesterdays News litter? When I clean out my...
  11. Sunshine's Fine

    Best greens to give bunny?

    I have a question for everyone commenting on this post. How much do you feed your buns for greens? I recently took my 2 off everything but hay for several weeks. One of them would get a "poopy bum" quite often, so I gave them a rest and everything cleared up. I've been gradually adding...
  12. Sunshine's Fine


    Hey, I have 2 bunnies and have had them for 4 years now. One of them LOVES her hay and eats it 24/7. She's always chewing something. The other one, however - she would eat hay, but only if there was nothing else, no pellets or greens. I've had trouble with her on and off with a poopy butt...
  13. Sunshine's Fine

    Help!! Bunny needs identification!!!

    Hermelin, You're so right about bunnies having many different breeds mixed, but some do have definite markings or coat types or ears that can give you a clue. Just like people, I guess! :)
  14. Sunshine's Fine

    Help!! Bunny needs identification!!!

    I'm no expert, but lop bunnies have ears that hang down most of the time, so I don't think your rabbit is a lop. When they are up, they aren't as stiff and straight as domestic rabbits. By the markings on your bunny, I would say that it's def part Dutch. When my Mom first saw my Annika, she...
  15. Sunshine's Fine

    Poop stuck on bottom of rabbit feet

    Sorry about the above empty post. I was just in the middle of editing it when my 2 brats got into a fight and I had to break it up! When I tried to post the edit it had expired. So anyway. Morgan, I don't know if the above site you linked is one you've used before, but it's full of spelling...