RIP Gally

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeachyBun

Reaction score
So very sad, our Gally has joined his mate Peachey.

He was only 6 and in great shape, loved his head rubs, renovating his cardboard box houses, fresh treats and bunny 500s around the family room but had developed bladder stones which were starting to cause blockages and yesterday he was in a lot of discomfort. Unfortunately going into surgery this morning he had a bad reaction to the anesthetic and went into cardiac arrest. The vet of course did his best but couldn't revive him. Now he had managed to pee a decent amount on the vet tech during his examination last night which made him feel much better so in the much too short a time we had with him before the surgery he was fully himself and not in pain which is a comfort and we know we did everything we could for him. He did cheat death a couple times in the last year, a very close call with GI stasis last year and an unfortunate incident with a lost dryer sheet last fall so I guess this was just his time. Best Gally memory - calling out "Yum-Yum" and him racing over for his treat so fast he could hardly stop in time.

You are very much missed Gally, binky free with Peachey! And Peachey, you are still missed every day, look after Gally for us.

I'm sorry for your loss. He was very well loved, and I'm sure he loved his life with you.

I'm sorry to hear you've lost Gally ... I'm sure you have many happy memories with him xx

I’m sorry for your loss 😞 You did everything you could. He had the best best life a bun could ever ask for 💜

I’m very sorry for your loss :0( how are we able to prevent bladder stones? I gave my bunny’s some Vitamine in their water can too much cause bladder stones too you think?

Thank you all for the kind thoughts, it's amazing how a little 5lb creature gets into our hearts.

From what I've read some rabbits are more prone to bladder stones, some to sludge and some tend not to get either, unless you knew the bloodline no way to tell in advance and this little guy was from a hutch of many unrelated rabbits from a farm.

Isn't parsley too high in oxylates, creating stones ? This topic is relevant to me so I'm just checking. Thx.
I have looked at several natural remedies for rabbits websites and all of them say parsley is good for urinary tract infections, stones, etc.

Disabled Rabbits says (http://www.disabledrabbits.com/herbs.htm)l: "PARSLEY - urinary tract, enriches the blood, roots are used for constipation and obstruction of the intestines"

Awesome. Thank you! I missed that in my research. I have parsley growing on the deck so I'll feed it to my male. I like the disabled rabbit website too, as my female has only one back leg. My little tripod.

So sorry for your loss. Do you have any remaining rabbits? Are you thinking about adopting another bunny?

So very sad, our Gally has joined his mate Peachey.

He was only 6 and in great shape, loved his head rubs, renovating his cardboard box houses, fresh treats and bunny 500s around the family room but had developed bladder stones which were starting to cause blockages and yesterday he was in a lot of discomfort. Unfortunately going into surgery this morning he had a bad reaction to the anesthetic and went into cardiac arrest. The vet of course did his best but couldn't revive him. Now he had managed to pee a decent amount on the vet tech during his examination last night which made him feel much better so in the much too short a time we had with him before the surgery he was fully himself and not in pain which is a comfort and we know we did everything we could for him. He did cheat death a couple times in the last year, a very close call with GI stasis last year and an unfortunate incident with a lost dryer sheet last fall so I guess this was just his time. Best Gally memory - calling out "Yum-Yum" and him racing over for his treat so fast he could hardly stop in time.

You are very much missed Gally, binky free with Peachey! And Peachey, you are still missed every day, look after Gally for us.
I'm so sorry you lost your precious Gally. I can just picture him racing for his Yum Yums. I have 2 girls and they are free roam all day, but go into their pen at night when I'm in bed. I block my bedroom off with a pet gate because 'someone' peed in there and chewed the wallpaper, but no one agrees who did it. When it's supper time or they just want my attention, they hop over to the gate and rattle it! It's quite loud and I always say "WHO is messing with Mommy's gate??" The culprit comes racing around the corner waiting for me to give them what they want. People who don't have rabbits as pets don't understand the fierce bond we have with them. I lost my boy Hector in Sept of 2015 and it was so devastating. He helped me through some of the worst years of my entire life, and I still miss him to this day. It does get easier with time, and I hope you will soon be able to look at pics of Gally and smile rather than cry. I understand the pain you're in and I'm so very sorry. Gally and Hector are probably hopping through fields of sweet hay and clover and dandelions together. RIP sweet Gally <3

When we lost our previous companion (feline) before Peachy and Gally came to us we couldn't even think about a new pet for months (she had been the last of our menagerie of many years of two dogs and two cats). When Peachy passed last year having Gally around helped. I'm sure some will think it too soon, we weren't quite sure ourselves, we still miss Gally every day but since he passed the house had just been too quiet. We met a 10 week old Flemish/New Zealand cross this weekend. If he had reminded us of either Peachy or Gally we wouldn't have, but this little guy has a totally different personality so we brought Max home with us.

Latest posts

Back