Why Do I Even Go Into Pet Stores Anymore????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pet_Bunny wrote:
I just got back from a restauranttonight. Before supper we were checking out thedifferent pet stores. There are a lot of Easterbunnies left over and the rabbits are getting biggernow. One store had seven bunnies in acage. The bigger and olderrabbits arestored in a wire cage by themselves. They arehaving sales with a $10.00 discount, orfree with a starter kit.

Rainbows! :(
They did that deal close to us also... For hamsters or rabbits get your animal free after buying the starter kit.

bunnylover78642 wrote:
Well, my mom grounded me from the pet store. I know have tomake a list of the things I want from the pet store and make sure I getall brand names right because we always ALWAYS end up with at least onenew animal (if not more)

I think my Mum would ground me from the pet stores if she could! Everytime I go in, I end up finding a really cute animal that I want to takehome (baby bunnies are irrisistable!). Last time I went in one, I gottwo canaries! :p Although one died shortly after.

I envy my sister though. She doesn't live at home anymore, so she'sallowed as many animals as she wants, and every time I see her, she hasa new one! She's currently got two dogs, a kitten, five rabbits, threeguinea pigs, eight hamsters (her newest, apparently male, just gavebirth to six), three mice, two birds, and some fish. :p

Pet_Bunny wrote:
I just got back from a restauranttonight. Before supper we were checking out thedifferent pet stores. There are a lot of Easterbunnies left over and the rabbits are getting biggernow. One store had seven bunnies in acage. The bigger and olderrabbits arestored in a wire cage by themselves. They arehaving sales with a $10.00 discount, orfree with a starter kit.

Rainbows! :(

We got Chippy from Pet Goods. She was $19.99 or free with the purchaseof a cage. Pet Goods doesn't carry the kind of cage that I like, so wewent back the next day with the carrier and bought just the bunny.

~Jim

We have a pets at home near us and i went inthere the other day to buy dog food, and they had this really georgeousharliquin bun in a very small cage on her own :Xin the runwith all the other buns, she had a sign above her cage saying im afemale and im very friendly but i will grow very big so i am only24.99 They sell all buns including crosses from 27.99, theyare very expensive!!!. She is only 9 weeks old but is huge around7-8lbs, I wish I had the room for her.

samandshawn wrote:
She is only 9 weeks old but is huge around 7-8lbs, I wish I had the room for her.

You sure she is 9 weeks? My Flemish wasnt even 8 pounds at 9 weeks :?And he is 22lbs now. I think that they are lying about her age by alot! :)

~Amy

ayglnu13 wrote:
samandshawn wrote:
She is only 9 weeks old but is huge around 7-8lbs, I wish I had the room for her.

You sure she is 9 weeks? My Flemish wasnt even 8 pounds at 9 weeks :?And he is 22lbs now. I think that they are lying about her age by alot! :)

~Amy
I thaught that too,:? shes the same size as my 9-11 month old. Is there any way to tell how old a bun is??

Some people say that you can tell bytheir teeth, but I don’t think that is very accurate. Other then that Idon’t know of any way to tell how old they are :?

~Amy

Yeah, I get more upset about the cages they tryto sell you that the actual bunnies themselves. People go in there, buya tiny baby bun for the kids, and one of those cages that is like 2 1/2ft long, a foot high, and has a plastic bottom. They tell you almostnothing about rabbits being indoor animals, and them using the litterbox. They talk about how much bunnies love to be held, that's not true!

They overcrowd the buns they have there, giving thjem no toys, and noexcercise. They also never play with them, making them afraid ofpeople. Whenever I go in there, sometimes, I just pick up a baby bunand walk around with it, and give it attention, they need it. If NICcubes would sell to pet stores, they would make a fortune.And Bunswouldn't have to live in something they can;t even turnaround in.

I think that the fact that the buns can behandled my a shopper is a good idea where I live you are not allowed tohandle the animals, even if you want to buy one they show them to youand you can stroke them and thats is.

Yeah I know what you mean. There's one at ourmall thats just pitiful. The babies have no hay and eat the worst andcheapest of pellets. At one time I saw all the rabbits FIGHTING to getto the water bottle. During Easter they really exploited it... rabbitswere about all they sold.

But please everyone, pet stores get such a bad reputation anymore. Theyaren't all bad. The one I work for is always sure the rabbits havehigh-quality pellets and fresh hay at all times, they get a shelter andtheir cages are completely locked from meddling customers. Males andFemales are housed seperatly and not overcrowded. During easter werefused to sell them due to impulse buys.

But for every good pet store out there, there seem to be at least a hundred crappy ones. :(

As far as Petsmart... I have to disagree with the positive opinions.The Petsmart in my area is extremely rude and doesn't seem to know athing about animals... mostly reptiles. I felt really bad for them,they're so degraded there. Apparently snakes are evil and not"family-orientated". Argh.

The Pet Store where I got my babies is good.

The buns they get, which is not always, are very well looked-after,cage always clean, plenty of hay, good food, housing to them to hide.

My sister and I are there on a regular basis, and we always go over andcheck what they have got. One of the older ladies that works there,knows my sis and I, so she has never a problem with us having a cuddle.

One of the other cages is a bit small, but luckily they very rarely useit and when they do, then it is only for a short amount of time.

Latest posts

Back