Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple of pictures of Tiny, REW Nethie buck, Titan, Black Flemish buck and Rudy, French Lop "it".

Rudy just chillin

Rudylounging1-25-10.jpg

Tiny

Tiny1-25-10.jpg

Titan, pardon the mess in the background I was in the middle of cleaning cages.

Titan1-25-10.jpg

This would have been a good picture of Tiny and Titan, but just as I clicked the shutter Titan moved.

TitanandTiny1-25-10.jpg

What a cutie...how old is Carmel

I would love some clarification if u dont mind. You own such a multitude of buns, you show, and breed, but which ones do u do that with?? How did u come to own so many different varieties and which breed do u focus on the most??

Thx Denise

Fancy77 wrote:
What a cutie...how old is Carmel

I would love some clarification if u dont mind. You own such a multitude of buns, you show, and breed, but which ones do u do that with?? How did u come to own so many different varieties and which breed do u focus on the most??

Thx Denise

Carmel is a little over ayear.

Now I'll be the first to admit I have not met a bunny I didn't like. We had a few buns before we settled on Flemish Giants. Some of them were rescues.

• Carmel - he's apet/show bun.
  • Titan -pet/show bun we also breed him.
  • Rudy - pet bun he was a rescue.
  • Oreo - pet snuggle bun, she was a door prize at a rabbit show. She's not showable.
  • Sweetie - pet/breed doe.
  • Tiny - pet/show bun.
  • Daisy Mae - pet/show bun.
  • Blueberry - pet, she was a rescue from a bad breeder.
  • Moo Moo - pet, she was a rescue frompeoplewho were not takinggood care of her.
  • Pudge - pet/show bun.
  • Velvet - pet/retired breed & show bun.
  • Nibbles - pet/retired show bun.
  • Skippery - pet/show bun.
  • Dutches - pet snuggle bunny.
  • Baby - pet/retired show bun.
We had to take a break from breeding our flemish due to financial issues. If Sweetie does not have a litter this time, she will be retired. I don't breed unless I have enough cage space, in case it takes time to find the kits homes. I won't give a bun to someone I don't think can take care of it.

You can see that I listed all the buns as pets first and whether they are show buns second. They are all pets to me and I love each one very much.

wow that cleared up a lot Dave lol thx

So u got into breeding first or second?? I could have missed it but do u go to a lot of shows?? I dont see u talking about it...

Then Oreo's info tweaked my interest...they give door prizes at shows?? thats kinda cool. I will b stalking shows now just to get another Flemish baby lol

If you r a breeder what makes you go to the rescues?? or did u get the rescue buns another way??

I hope this isnt too many questions for u..sorry

Fancy77 wrote:
wow that cleared up a lot Dave lol thx

So u got into breeding first or second?? I could have missed it but do u go to a lot of shows?? I dont see u talking about it...

Then Oreo's info tweaked my interest...they give door prizes at shows?? thats kinda cool. I will b stalking shows now just to get another Flemish baby lol

If you r a breeder what makes you go to the rescues?? or did u get the rescue buns another way??

I hope this isnt too many questions for u..sorry

I got into breeding second. I haven't gone to many shows lately due to finances, gas expenses for the day etc. I also limit myself to shows within a two hour radius, no hotel then.

The rabbit shows I have been too have rabbits as door prizes, mostly pedigreed rabbits. Oreo was part of mixed breed rabbits and they were wanting a home for her.

The other rescues were rabbits we got called about because people didn't know what to do with the rabbit. Moo Moo was at a pet store we used to get our rabbit food from and her owner said she was a mean rabbit and didn't want her anymore. The pet shop took Moo Moo and asked us if we would take her. Like I said I haven't met a rabbit I don't like. I had cage space and I took her home so she would know what its like to be wanted. Moo Moo is one of the sweetest rabbits I have ever come across, mean rabbit indeed, morons. Rudy was dropped off at a rabbit club members house by one of their friends who had to move suddenly. She did not have the space at the time to take him so she called me and I did so I took him in. He's a sweet natured rabbit who is addicted to banana chips, dried grapes and craisins.

I don't mind the questions at all.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
We had to take a break from breeding our flemish due to financial issues. If Sweetie does not have a litter this time, she will be retired. I don't breed unless I have enough cage space, in case it takes time to find the kits homes. I won't give a bun to someone I don't think can take care of it.

You can see that I listed all the buns as pets first and whether they are show buns second. They are all pets to me and I love each one very much.
You do know where you can get a breeding pair (or trio) if you want to get into light greys - right????

They won't be ready to breed for a while - but I think you'd LOVE their personalities....which reminds me - I need to upload the videos I just took.

TinysMom wrote:
The first post in the link may help you know more about Dave and Karen's herd.

Their story of how they got their bunnies is amazing...
Thx Peg that helps a lot. I was looking at Dave's Blogs, but all I could find were the Wabbit Herd ones.

Thx Dave I appreciate you humoring me with the answers to all these question...U ROCK!!!

Yesterday was a nightmare! I was in two accidents, one a guy ran a red light and hit the rear of my car, little damage, no one hurt, went to work. On my way home from work it had been snowing and as I was making a turn my car slid into the curb and messed up the front end. No one hurt but that was a knockout blow to my car. So it sits until the money comes available to get it fixed. Anyways...

I have blocked off access to the area behind Velvets cage and Babys. Evidently Daisey has take this as a challenge. I have it blocked off by a small bunny carrier, well she has been hard at work at getting past this inconvenience. So I put up a plastic lid to a tub I use to hold the bunny litter. This has seemed to make it a quest now. Never have I seen a bun study, ponder and work at removing an obstacle before.

Oh no, scary! Sorry about the car, although I'm glad no one got hurt!

I'm a little late, but adorable pictures!

Any time I have put up a barrier, I think Daisy see's it as a challenge to her authority. Like Your telling me I can't go back there, how dare you!

This morning as I was checking food and water, Tiny, our REW Nethie was doing binkies in his cage.

Whenever I opened the cages to fill food dishes I always give the bunny's a pet, even if they didn't want one. Lately when I open their cages especially in the morning they all are coming to the door for a few pets. Its hard to spend too much time with each of them though, it would make me late for work. They may not get as many as they would like but they get a few. In the evenings they get all they want.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Its hard to spend too much time with each of them though, it would make me late for work. They may not get as many as they would like but they get a few. In the evenings they get all they want.

I know the feeling. Sebastian is now following me to the door.Hate that I can't spend more time with him in the morning. Sometimes I'm tempted to sneak him into work!

Glad to know you're ok from the accident.

hartleybun wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Never have I seen a bun study, ponder and work at removing an obstacle before.
you havent met my roxy.......
Our old foster, Berry-Boo, was an escape artist. She was a mini-rex. You could see the little bunny-mind-wheels turning when you would put a new "obstacle" in her way. It must be a mini-rex/rex/E-lop thing. They all have the same-shaped face, so maybe they're closer in breeding than the other breed rabbits? Does that make sense? It's the mischief gene at play...

Latest posts

Back