Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to post this quickly as I have taken my insomnia meds and all of a sudden they kick in and I begin to talk/type incoherently.

Tonight at bedtime I handed out dried grapes. All noses were pressed up against cage doors. I let Sweetie our hopefully pregnant flemmie and Rudy our french lop. Rudy came over and I gave him is treat and he hopped off. I gave Sweetie some small ones I had in my hand. I then switch the grapes to my other hand to pet Sweetie. Rudy came over and he could smell the grapes I used to have in my hand that was petting Sweetie. He followed my hand as it brushed her. Rudy came up heavily sniffing and nudged my had to show him there were no grapes in it.

He then binkied and hopped into his bed.

Hopefully this weekend I will start a photo spread of the oldest bun to the younger buns.

Must go I am feeling funky so the meds are kicking it.

Good night.

Last night Wabbitmom and I felt so terrible. Igot Moo Moo out to get her nails trimmed and we nicked a nail on 3 paws. Each one bled a little too, poor girl had blood on her nice white fur.

I brought out Pudge and Wabbitmom asked me "you want to trim her nails too?" I said no just brought her out to pet while we watched tv. She sighs relief and said she couldn't do anymore nails tonight, Moo Moo's debacle traumatized her too much.

Pudge enjoyed her time out and making my dark blue t-shirt nice and white.

I also had let Rudy run around the bunny room while I had Pudge out and it was nice to see this big fluffy french lop do some binkies.

I did nails last night too. Luckily I didn't nick anyone but Ziggy acts like I do. He'll jump and freak out every nail I cut, even though I try to stay well away from the quick. Too bad I can't use the dremmel on the bunnies like I do for the dog. Then again knowing drama king Ziggy, I'm sure he'd still act like I was tortouring him.

Hows the bite doing? I think it's so weird - because I had Nibbles for 15 years and then Zeus for 2, along with my thee current rabbits, but I've never gotten a bite that drew blood. Zeus use to nip me when he wanted me to move out of his way, but never hard enough that it would break the skin. He got my mom pretty good once though. ;)

My cut is doing better, its starting to scab over. Looking at my injury, from breaking up Tiny's and Carmel's scuffle,the past couple of days, I should have gone and gotten a couple of stitches. Oh well not my first rabbit related injury and certainly not my last.

Well I have been neglecting pictures for a while now so I am going to post a few. This might be a little picture heavy, but I've never heard of anyone complaining about it.

Here are some pictures from a couple of girls nights out over the past week or so.

This is Pudge, she is a Mini Lop, she will be 2 in May.

Pudge1-13-10.jpg

Pudge1-13-10A.jpg

This is Oreo, she is a Dutch/Silver Martin mix, she is 3 this month. She is in her favorite hidey spot, right behind the food tub and next to Velvet.

Oreoinherhidyspot1-13-10.jpg

Oreo1-13-10.jpg

This is Miss Nibbles, she is a Holland Lop and she will be 4 in February. She is a real sweet bun who likes to be held and petted. I got her as a birthday present from my son. She used to be quite the diva bun, but has settled down with age.

Nibbles1-13-10.jpg

NibblesOreo1-13-10.jpg

Sweetie is on the left and she is a Flemish Giant, Dutches is on the left. They were both waiting for the other to groom. Sweetie is just like her name, really sweet and gentle. She is also a super mom too. She will be 3 next month. Fellow RO member Peg, Tinysmom, has her daughter Nyx.

SweetieandDutchie1-21-10.jpg

Sweetie1-21-10.jpg

Nibbles and Sweetie

NibblesandSweetie1-21-10.jpg

Dutchie is on the left and she is...a Dutch. She is my wifes bunny, Dutches came to live with us around mothers day in 2006 as a gift to my wonderful wife. The two of them bonded almost immediately. Dutches will be 4 in March.

Skippery is on the right and she will be 6 in May. She came home with us from a show one year. My son had wanted a lionhead and after a little pleading I caved in. It wasn't really hard though she is really cute and super sweet. Skippery loves to sit on your chest and get petted. If you stop she will inch closer to your face and stare at you until you resume petting. Skippery is the oldest in the herd.

DutchieandSkippery21-21-10.jpg

SweetieandDutchie21-22-10-1.jpg

This is Baby getting into the picture and Dutchie moving out of the way. Baby is a Netherland Dwarf Himalyan. She is my daughters bun. Baby doesn't know she is the smallest bun though. Baby will be 4 in March, she is a good girl.

DutchieandBaby1-21-10.jpg

BabyandSweetie1-21-10-1.jpg

Babysbunnybutt1-21-10.jpg

This is Miss Daisy Mae, a English Lop, she is 7 months old and quite a character. She won Best of Breed in her very first show over a senior doe. Daisy likes to be petted but not held. She will let you trance her for a minute but that is all. She demands to be out in the morning and evening during feeding and filling of water bottles. If she does not I get the back to let me know she is not pleased with my peformance as a slave.

Daisy1-23-10-1.jpg

This is her behind the food tublooking for something to get into.

Daisypokingheadoverfoodtub1-23-1-1.jpg

This is her making her move on stealing the camera case.

Daisytakingcamerabag1-23-10-1.jpg

I thought I had taken some of Blueberry but I guess I didn't. I have some pictures of Velvet my blue Flemish doe, but I am going to try and get some new ones this coming week. Hopefully these will hold everyone over until I do.

I asked my parents for an early birthday present, 3 months early, to get a cd/dvd player/burner for one of our computers so my daughter can plan her Sims game.

That left me with some money to spend on myself. I always buy the annual Rabbits USA magazine. The pet store I have bought it at before has decided not to carry any magazines. So that was a wasted trip yesterday.

Today, my wife took me to one of my favorite burger joints 5 Guys Burger and Fries in Mishawaka. On the way home, we stopped at Borders book store and they had the Rabbits USA magazine. I avoided the Girls Scouts selling Thin Mint cookies and went straight to the checkout.

I still had some money left in my pocket and yes it was burning a hole in it. When I got home I ordered Basajuan by RO member Rosemary van Deuren. It should come in by the end of the week. I am really looking forward to reading it.

Karen gave the buns some Kale tonight when I was refilling water bottles. There was a lot of happy crunching going on.

This is not a criticism Dave - but I had not realized how much older your buns are getting (just like everyone else's). In my mind - so many of them are still the same age as the first time I read your descriptions of how you got them.

I have to share that Nyx is a sweetheart also - even if she's a bit of a diva bun. She claims the recliner for herself - which is ok - but when she leaves poops in it so everyone knows its hers....thats a bit much.

I think I forgot to post that she snuck into my bedroom a few days ago - also known as "Zeus' room"? Yeah...well..she came out of the fight a bit worse for wear - she now has a scar above her lip...I'm hoping it will heal up enough so she can be shown. I'm not sure if she got so scared that she bit her lip - or if Zeus nipped her.

Either way - since then she's been a bit less adventuresome and more mellow.

Then again - she got almost half a banana while mama was working on her boo boo....

I love your rabbits and we need MORE pictures - of the boys!

WOW pics of the buns r real nice. Sweetie is my favorite , but gosh is Daisy getting huge and what a doll, she could b a model

Daisypokingheadoverfoodtub1-23-1-1.jpg

Eeeeep!!! Bunny Lips!!!! You are so killing me with this pic of Daisy's lips!!!

Smooch--smooch--smooch....:p Kiss those bunny lips for me!!!

myheart

Latest posts

Back