Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, any updates? Also I'm dying to see new photos of all your bunnies!

Hey, how would you feel about adding another cutie to your herd? I'm in love with this little bunny named Vanilla, he's in Indianapolis. I did a Google search and it says Indianapolis is 150 miles away from where you live. Here is the little cutie pie: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15122603

Isn't he sweet and irresistible? If I lived in Indiana, Vanilla would be in my living room right now!

I looked at the picture of that cute lionhead and even though its tempting, I am going to have to pass. I willhopefully have some baby flemmies next month it everything goes ok on Thursday.

Looks like Sweetie had a false pregnancy.

Wasn't the first time I was wrong when checking a doe to see if she was. I guess a lot of wishful thinking. I will try Sweetie and Titan on Thursday, maybe have some Valentine's Day baby's.

I also want to get some new pictures of the herd and post them this week, well maybe not all but a few.

Yesterday, I was going around feeding the buns, Daisy was out and I opened Baby's cage to feed her and Daisy shoved her way in. They were both checking the other out, then Daisy got into with Baby (Nethie) and took a patch of fur out the size of a penny. Baby is ok and I've put some antibiotic ointment on it as a precaution.

Daisy has hit that terrible teenage period and its beinga brat.

This is Baby's injury from Miss Daisy on Monday. Baby is doing ok.

BabysouchycausedbyDaisy1-11-10.jpg

Poor bunny! I remember how bad I felt for my little guy when his "ex-girlfriend" took a chunk out of his face. I felt horrible for weeks! I hope little Baby heals quickly (and grows back that fur)!

Oh, as for false pregnancies, I had that happen a couple of times too, back when I raised bunnies. Also had one time where I'm certain the mom 'resorbed' the babies (I think that's the right word). I could feel them in her, even moving around a bit...and then a week later I noticed the mom-to-be had gotten smaller; when I felt her again, no sign of babies at all. And she hadn't given birth.

Ouch! Poor bunny!
Sorry to hear about the false pregnancy..it seems most people HOPE its false not the other way around ;)

If it doesn't look like its getting better - you could do some pen G injections every other day.

Praying for baby here....and hoping Sweetie gets pregnant this time around.

Thanks Peg.

Well today was a crappy day at work but that's another story.

I came home and cleaned cages tonight. Per routine I let bunny's out as I clean, not all together, one at a time. I had let Tiny (REW Nethie) out and he was enjoying himself. He was by Carmel's (Chocolate tort lionhead) cage and I let him out. Carmel will not let me pick him up he prefers to leap out his cage. He launches himself half way across the room.

Now he and Tiny normally ignore each other or at the most chase each other. I opened Carmels cage door he launches himself across the room and before I could bend down to get Tiny, Tiny makes a bee line to Carmel. Carmel runs away, I am chasing and they begin to fight. I grab Tiny and as I do so he was evidently in the middle of making a lunge and to bite at Carmel. My finger got in the way and oh boy does it hurt.

The way it was bleeding I thought he had bitten my finger tip off. I calmly called for help, well maybe not calm, more of a calm urgency. I used one hand to catch the blood while holding up the other. I got to the bathroom, blood dripping while my daughter came to her fathers aid. Then my wife came and bandaged me up.

Neither bunny was injured and Tiny's reaction caught me totally off guard. I didn't expect him to go after Carmel. Those tiny nethie teeth are very sharp and the force in those little jaws! WOW!:shock:

Now I have yet another battle scar.

Bassetluv wrote:
Oh, as for false pregnancies, I had that happen a couple of times too, back when I raised bunnies. Also had one time where I'm certain the mom 'resorbed' the babies (I think that's the right word). I could feel them in her, even moving around a bit...and then a week later I noticed the mom-to-be had gotten smaller; when I felt her again, no sign of babies at all. And she hadn't given birth.

Yeah, that's kind of what we think happened. It seemed kind of late in the pregnancy, (the last week), but I hear that it does happen sometimes.Thanfully, she's healthy and has never had any other problems, so we got her and Titan back together.

:waiting:Now we just get to wait again!

WOW Dave...getting bit OUCH....u ths Man for taking one for the team...now u and Baby cand have battle wounds together lol

Ouch for the little baby, how is she doing? And ouch for your finger! Do you think you need stitches?

Baby is doing fine. Its going to be a little while before any fur grows back though.

My finger, well, is tender, no stitches.:) Hard to type with a bandaid on though. Now that it has stopped bleeding, I looked at it good and he came really close to taking a large slice of it off.

Latest posts

Back