Thumper and Peaches - Loving Life

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I forgot to ask! Where did you get the crinkle tube? I have a mini ferret version for my ratties but Rory's a little too chubberly to fit in there (not really, he's just, well, bigger than a rat). Also, where did you get the big green ball with the shapes cut in it and the little ball inside that's in his cage? I looked all over Petco yesterday but didn't see one, seems like lots of buns have them. I'm assuming it's a baby toy. Does Thumper play with the ball?

No worries, I love posting about Thumper. I look forward to doing it. :wiggle

I am happy to say (again :biggrin2:) that Thumper has near perfect litter habits! This has made me sooo happy! Now, I can buy a new rug to replace the one he was using as a potty.:laugh:

He was such a good boy this weekend. No potty mistakes and a whole lot of snuggles and playing (after he got over not seeing me during the week).

I have decided to leave his cage open to the pen thatI attached to it this weekend. Last night, I noticed that he had 1/2 a bottle of water left and decided to fill it up this morning. In the rush of getting myself and the boys ready, I forgot.:pullhair:So here I am, stuck in the tunnel on the trainwith no way of calling the boys to tell them to fill up the bottle. I finally got out and called Justin (older son) and he said he was at the school and dropped off Jered at his school. Now, I thought he meant that he was at Jered's school which is only 3 blocks away so I asked him to go home and fill up the water, he would only about about 10 min. late.

After 20 min., I called him and he was finally getting to the house. apparently, he was already atHIS school,which is not to close to the house!Well, Thumper got his water, and Justin got to school 1/2 hr late (first & last time). Though, Justin was sooo happy to have missed math class. :foreheadsmack:

When Justin got home to refill the water, it turns out that Thumper was happily playing in his pen. He was smacking the ball into the cube walls and got one loose! Justin fixed and and left...NOW, I am sure he will be roaming free when the boys get home.:scared: I ran out of ties. Guess I'll be going back to Home Depot today to get some more and tie up all the grids. Boy do I love that little rascal.

Snowy, I did get the ball from Petco in the small animals section. He hasn't really played with it, but seems he found a new use for it this morning...:winkAnd I got the crinkle tube at Target. It is actually a cat tube. I find that cat toys are a better fit for buns and small animal toys. He absolutely LOVES the tube. I've never seen so interested in something the way he is with the tube. It is great!

Look at that sweet thing! he's very....... fond of his pillow isn't he? How spoiled our babies become! LOL!

THUMPERTime012.jpg

Spoiled is right! :shock:Now he thinks he is king of the entire house! I don't know why it happened but lately, he has taken to peeing all over! On me, the couch, all over the floor:foreheadsmack:...He sure hasn't forgotten how to use the litter box in his cage though...Nosireebob, it is quite DRY in there...Today, he is on time out!

I will be posting more pics soon.

I hope Thumper's mystery peeing gets solved soon! I feel all worried now that he might have a UTI. Is his pee stinkier or a different color or anything? I hope someone answers your post in the infirmary soon so you can know what to do next. I hope you're okay, Thumpy :hugsquish:

I absolutely love his markings. He brings a smile to my face each time I see posts from you and I glance at your avatar.

Leaf, Thx! He is a cutie and I enjoy sharing his pics and antics when I can.

Snowy, it seems that Thumper was trying to get a point across with his peeing and nipping.

Last weekend he was mad enough that he grabbed a hold of my LIP!! OUCH! It hurt like heck!:tantrum: It could have been the oreo breath that I had...:headsmackWell, after that, I think he realized how much he hurt me that he is being extra careful when taking treats, food and giving kisses...

I'm so happy that it is the weekend, now I can spend some good quality time with my cutie patootie. here are some more pics.

How do I get these treats!?!?!?

ThumperLuv002.jpg

Ok, I'll settle for celery...YUMMY!

ThumperLuv006.jpg

More pics to come soon.:happyrabbit:

Yay more Thumpy pictures! :woohoo He is hands down my favorite bunny on here, other than Rory of course. Just so cute and wunnerful :inlove: And sometimes not very nice to his mom, it appears! That must have hurt! I'm glad he's being a sweetie again. Has he been peeing on everything still? Did he have a good Halloween? What has he been up to lately? Rory loves celery too, I read somewhere that you should slice it because of the strings, but I'm not sure why (or even if) the strings would be harmful.

Can't wait for more Thumper pictures! Such a little lovey.

Yup...he was a meany for a bit but is thankfully over it! :bunnydance:

I didn't get to do anything for Halloween with Thumpy, I really don't think he is up for dressing up...but I will try..eventually:whistling(he's just not aware). I didn't know that about the celery. Thumpy seems to be doing fine with it...though I have at times cut it. I guess I should look into that.

He hasn't beenpeeing out of his litter box since i last mentioned,but again, he did it yesterday. I had some visitors and I think he was scared. I put him in his cage and sent them to another room...My poor baby. He was fine after that.As I type, he is enjoying the views from atop his castle...Oh...he has now moved on to his crinkle tube...and back to his cage to eat some pellets...he is like the :energizerbunny:

Here are some more pics...

Ahh, I think I'll settle here...

ThumperLuv008.jpg

What was that...could it be???

ThumperLuv009.jpg

Yes...it is RO time!!!

ThumperLuv007.jpg

Thumper has the sweetest face! Hard to picture him doing anything like biting or peeing on things. Thumper is downright dainty! I hope that doesn't offend his manliness or anything. If you want to get Thumpy a Halloween costume for next year, now is the time to do it. The costumes at Petco are fifty percent off right now! I bought Rory a fire engine costume with the justification that his girlfriend bunny can wear the bumblebee costume. I'm in the fire science program at my university (why I came to Alaska) and will be a firefighter and hopefully eventually a battalion chief, so I have a penchant for all things fire departmenty. How could I pass on a costume that would turn my little Rorigator into a fire engine? It even has a little felt helmet!

Anyhoo! Enough about me! I've been wondering, where did you get Thumper from? If he came from a rescue like Rory did, it just boggles my mind that his previous owners couldn't see the glory of his Thumpiness and love him like crazy like you do. People are weirdos. I know I really love baby bunnies, but would feel guilty buying one somewhere when there are adult buns in shelters. If silly people would stop irresponsibly buying baby bunnies and then dumping them, people like us maybe could have enjoyed having Thumper and Rory from when they were babies.

Umm, I don't know quite how to say this but can you PLEASE explain to Lord Thumper that you are NOT his long lost Mom, even though your screen name says you are. He just doesn't seem to get it, he's not the brightest bulb in the ceiling you know. Sorry to put you on the spot like this.

Me an imposter??? Never that. I do have a little one named Thumper. And lookey, you are both from New York!

You know, Lord Thumper, you are a cutie but ohhhhh...what a temper! :shock:

Temper? How would you like it if I called myself "Imposters_Mom"? Would you be insulted? I think so. It's not like I have a common name or anything, so you could have used something else. Thumper is an extremely rare bunny name.
:lies

And not for nothing, but what in the world does "Thunder" Thumper mean? Does he pee up a storm or something??

Crown_2.gif
LT

Thanks Rory!!! You're the BESTEST!!!:highfive:

And ummm, Lord Thumper, I really don't mind what you call yourself. :thumbupWhatever floats your boat.

As for why Thunder Thumper...well, besides the fact that he does pee up a storm...it is because of all the Bunny 500's he does:running bunny. He thunder's through the rooms at high speed and sometimes appears out of nowhere...Such a cutie he is!

Thumper's Mom!!! Thumper's identical twin brother is at an animal shelter in Brooklyn: http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?ID=A737017&LOCATION=NWYK1&
searchtype=ADOPT&start=4&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&orderb
y=Shelter&rows=25&imght=50&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_nwyk&bgcolor
=F1EFE2&text=000000&link=666666&alink=fbcd00&vlink=666666&fontface=
arial&fontsize=10&col_hdr_bg=ACA899&col_hdr_fg=FFFFFF&col_bg=FFFFFF&
col_bg2=F1EFe2&col_fg=000000&SBG=F1EFE2&shelterlist='NWYK','NWYK1'
,'NWYK2'&atype=&where=type_oo,breed_RABBIT^RABBIT,

If I lived close enough, I would be at that shelter adopting him! He looks just like my Cinny. I have an idea! You go adopt him, then mail him to me for Christmas. I shall call him... Binny!

Edited to add:

I looked more, and there are THREE Thumper twins! The other two are Bear and Hope:
http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?ID=A728338&LOCATION=NWYK&sear
chtype=ADOPT&start=4&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&orderby=Sh
elter&rows=25&imght=50&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_nwyk&bgcolor=F1
EFE2&text=000000&link=666666&alink=fbcd00&vlink=666666&fontface=ari
al&fontsize=10&col_hdr_bg=ACA899&col_hdr_fg=FFFFFF&col_bg=FFFFFF&co
l_bg2=F1EFe2&col_fg=000000&SBG=F1EFE2&shelterlist='NWYK','NWYK1','N
WYK2'&atype=&where=type_oo,breed_RABBIT^RABBIT,
That's just a link to Hope because the picture of Bear is exactly the same. The two have been there for over two months. I wonder if Hope is a girl and if one can really send via airplane a bunny from New York to Alaska, or at least to Washington (where I'll be over Christmas).

i Snowy...you know, I got Thumper from the shelter where bear and hope are...The thing is that I never saw them. But it is sooo funny that you mention it because I just told the boys that I want to go to the shelter to see if NabiscoOreo in Manhattan is still there. I really want her. I want to set up some bunny dates to see if they can bond. :bunnydance:

I wonder if they would ship them too.:ponder: If I get over there this weekend, I'll ask and take pics too!:big wink:

In the meanwhile Here are some more pics of my cutie...who I must add has just been precious for the last two days.

MoreThumper002.jpg

MoreThumper003.jpg

MoreThumper004.jpg

ThumperLuv004.jpg

By the way...this is NabiscoOreo...I want her!
NY12.9335516-1-pn.jpg

Latest posts

Back