Thumper and Peaches - Loving Life

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I edited the links in my post so it wouldn't make your blog five jillion screen-widths wide. Those are some links!

That's so exciting that you're going to visit Nabisco Oreo (LOL sounds like her name is trademarked or something)! She is CUTE! I hope our Thumpety Wumpety likes her. I e-mailed the shelter to ask if Hope is a girl and how big she is (it looks like a baby picture) and what her temperament is like. I also, um, looked up plane round trip plane tickets from SeaTac to LaGuardia, just out of curiosity... only about $350 for the beginning of January! I think most airlines won't let a pet travel in the cabin alone and I wouldn't put a bunny in with the baggage. Anyone flyin' to Seattle from New York in late December or early January? :biggrin2:

The pictures of Thumper are so cute! I love his floofy little tail. Such a sweetie pie. Did you see the close up I got of Rory's tail in his blog? Also, your sons are gorgeous boys! How old are they? I'm glad they love their bunner! Are they excited to maybe get another bunny?

I would love to see pics of Bear and Hope if you go this weekend, and also how friendly they seem! I know I probably won't get one of them, but I can dream...

It is a weird name huh?:foreheadsmack: I would change her name though. My mom has a shih tzu whose name is oreo.I would definitely try to set up some bunny dates before I bring another bun home. The boys are sooo excited with the thought of getting anotherbun. I am too, but I am also worried that my Thumper won't care much for me after he is bonded (if he will bond). I hope that is not the case.:ponder:

Aw, thx...my boys are 12 and 8 yrs old and boy do they love him. Jered (8 yr old) is doing a research project on rabbits in school.:bunnydance:

Of course I saw Rory's pics. He is just precious! I love the one of him in the bowl, and the one where he is flopped over in his cage, and...oh, heck, I LOVE THEM ALL. :happyrabbit:

I'll make sure to take my camera this weekend and post pics if I go...(Looks like I will be going :woohoo)

Lord_Thumper wrote:
:bigtears:But I don't understand, how can you call yourself ThumpersMom if you aren't Thumper's Mom? You are an imposter! :nonono:

This place sucks!

Crown_2.gif
LT

LOL....I haven't laughed so hard in a long time reading this exchange!! :laugh:

(and just to add my non-related two cents...I think all you Thumpers are gorgeous...! (even if you are a bit mom-confused))

:biggrin2:

Aw, I just read in Rory's blog that you went to the shelter and NabiscoOreo, Bear and Hope were gone... Did they get adopted or what? I'm of course glad that Bear and Hope were adopted, but that's too bad about NabiscoOreo! You were so excited to get her. I'll bet your sons are sad, too. Such a pretty bun. Were there any other bunnies there that struck your fancy? I'm so glad I got to Rory in time, I was really worried that someone would snatch him up before I got there and I'm rather suspicious of what people who "adopt" buns from our shelter do with them! Sorry about NabiscoOreo :hug: I'm sure there's another sweet girly bun out there for you and Thumper!

Snowy, I just got a call from the lady who runs the rabbits at the shelter and guess what? Nabisco was at a foster home!!! :happyrabbit:

She is having her brought into the shelter so that Thumper can meet with her. She is also bringing some other females in case they don't get along.:shock:

I truly hope that they will be a match because I just feel like she has to be mine! :pray:

Here's to hoping there is bunny love. :bunnieskiss

In all of the excitement, I forgot to ask about bear and hope. I will ask her though.

Oh, yay!! When do you get to meet Nabisco? I'm so glad you called, it would be sad if she didn't get to be your bunny because you thought she'd been adopted. How exciting for Thumps, he gets to pick his girlfriend! I hope he likes Nabisco :biggrin2: Oh and I know what you mean about feeling she has to be yours, I felt the same when I saw Rory's picture on Petfinder. I love all bunnies, but he seemed like he was MINE! Good luck!

Thumpers_Mom, that's so exciting.:bunnydance::pinkelepht::pinkbouce::party: I really hope Nabisco & Thumper

Fall In LOVE:heartbeat:, honestly their is nothing better than seeing 2 bunnies bonded.:bunnyhug: I have two pairs that are bonded.

Susan:apollo:

Thx guys! I am sooo very excited Ican barely contain myself!:dancingorig:

There is something about this little girl and now I am just praying that he falls in love with her the way that I have. (And I haven't even met her!) I will be going to the shelter tomorrow when I get out of school.

Tonight, I am going to Target to build a new NIC cage.:D If he decides that he doesn't want a friend, :cry4:then, at least he'll have a new cage.:dunno

We'll see and I'll keep you posted!

I'm so excited for you and Thumper! I hope he likes her, too. I read that the first time bunnies meet, it's a good sign if they ignore each other and even if they act a little aggressive (by aggressive, I just mean one mounting the other and whatnot, not actual fighting) it's still probably okay. So chances are Thumper and Nabisco won't lie down and snuggle and groom right away, but as long as they don't fight, it's okay! Also, wasn't Thumper neutered almost exactly a month ago? All his hormones might not be out of his system yet so if he decides he doesn't like any of the girl bunnies tomorrow, maybe you'll have better luck if you bring him back in a month or so.

Have you been thinking of names for the new bun? I really enjoy naming my pets :biggrin2:

You realize that you are killing me, right? I have always wanted a little black otter bunny! THIS IS ADORABLE!!!!

MoreThumper002.jpg

Isn't he adorable? I love that picture too! I just want to lightly grab his poofy little tail and make it do a little dance. I'm weird, I know! :adorable:

Are you going to meet Nabisco today? I'm so excited!! I hope all goes well! My love to Thumper :biggrin2:

It's almost 6 in your time zone, I wonder if you're at the shelter now!! I hope so! Can't wait to hear about the bunny. :party:

Hi Everyone...It's been a LONG day and I am exhausted :bed:but I'll just get to it.

Nabisco is GORGEOUS! Even prettier in person...but boy was she aggressive!:shock: He wanted to mount (cuz he is the MAN, LOL) and she was having none of it. So much so that she went after him...:boxing

Then there was Wentworth, sounds like a boy name huh? She was BIG and sooo scared of Thumps! I mean, she was frozen with fear! :faint:

Then...there was Peaches...right in the middle with both size and personality. She didn't fight but stood her ground on not wanting to be mounted. She is abou 5lbs to Thumps 3lbs. All in all, it was a GREAT first meeting. :bunnydance:and now she is home with us!

I came home and went to work on building my first nic cube...it is not the best but will do for now. When they fully bond I will go to work on it. Then I was off to petco to get a water bottle, dish, litter box and a dish.

Sooo, after all of that, I am proud to present PEACHES!!!

Peaches001.jpg

Peaches002.jpg

Peaches004.jpg

Peaches005.jpg

Peaches006.jpg

Here are the two cuties!!

ThumperandPeaches003.jpg

ThumperandPeaches001.jpg

ThumperandPeaches002.jpg

:woohoo:bunnyheart:rabbithop:bunnyhug:

YAYY!! Congratulations, Thumper and mom! Peaches is beeeeyooootiful! What a lovely girl, she looks so feminine. I'm so glad you found a bunny that Thumper likes, and such a cute one too! Too bad Nabisco didn't work out, but yay for Peaches! How old is she? How long was she at the shelter? Is she friendly with people, too? Is Thumper handling her being in his territory well? Has she been spayed? Are you going to change her name? Sorry for so many questions! I'm just excited, I've been checking your blog all day to see what happened.

Smooches for Peaches and sweet Thumper! I can't wait to hear more about them. Oh yeah, is Peaches a mini rex too? In the first couple pics it looks like she is, but the others don't as much. The fourth picture made me laugh because you can see Thumpy's cute little butt and tail on the side!

I love that picture too! she just looks like it's taking all her strength but she must chew on the cage - it's required! LOL!

She's adorable! I really like her a lot! and your cage is just fine! you did a good job!

Congrats!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
YAYY!! Congratulations, Thumper and mom! Peaches is beeeeyooootiful! What a lovely girl, she looks so feminine. I'm so glad you found a bunny that Thumper likes, and such a cute one too! Too bad Nabisco didn't work out, but yay for Peaches! How old is she? How long was she at the shelter? Is she friendly with people, too? Is Thumper handling her being in his territory well? Has she been spayed? Are you going to change her name? Sorry for so many questions! I'm just excited, I've been checking your blog all day to see what happened.

Smooches for Peaches and sweet Thumper! I can't wait to hear more about them. Oh yeah, is Peaches a mini rex too? In the first couple pics it looks like she is, but the others don't as much. The fourth picture made me laugh because you can see Thumpy's cute little butt and tail on the side!

I'm happy too. She is a real girly girl! :mrsthumper:She is very dainty in the way she moves. She also eats VERY slowly...Not like Thumps at all! She's been in foster care for a while, in fact, I think she was born in foster care. Her papers say she is around6-7 Months but hopefully the vet will give me a better time line.

She is very friendly with people but she seems very scared right now. Everytime I go to touch her, she shudders. I was thinking about changing her name but everyone seems to like Peaches so I guess we'll keep it.

Now for the bonding. Thumps was pretty aggressive yesterday and I think she got upset with him. I did a mini session this morning and she has been lunging at him. :shock:Not all of the time but she does do it. I am sure it will take time. I was told to do a couple of mini sessions a day. They also interact through the cage when Thumps is out. When the eat, I am going to have them eat near eachother too.

I just hope it works out. thumper seems happier over all. I think he will be completely over the moon when they bond.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I met one of thumps babies yesterday! He was GORGEOUS!!! He was a bit small...I think he was the runt of the litter and he was grey in color...strange color but ohh soo cute. :inlove:

Latest posts

Back