The Nethie Boys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I love both boys' photos, Ronnie's had me laughing harder today. Of course, I must comment on a few of them. :D

Little Bay Poo wrote:
DSC_1861.jpg

I love his sour-puss expression. It's like he's rhetorically asking, "Do you mind???"
This one is priceless because he's giving you "the one-eye" (otherwise known as "the stink eye").
Of course, not a day goes by where he doesn't try to put the moves on me...

DSC_1835.jpg
I am amused; I didn't realize that a rabbit would try humping a human. So is he in love with you, or is he trying to dominate you? (Or is it a little of both? :D)

It's the stubby front legs that get me. I laugh everytime that Emma tries to dominate Zoe, since her front legs can't quite fit around Zoe's body.

Jenk wrote:
I am amused; I didn't realize that a rabbit would try humping a human. So is he in love with you, or is he trying to dominate you? (Or is it a little of both? :D)
Hehehe...you must not know about little Ronnie ;). Ronnie was one of those stud bunnies at the breeders, and since he was being retired and looked so gosh darn cute in his photos, we decided to take him. Little did we know that a retired breeder bunny often comes with unwanted behaviors, even after being neutered.

I don't think it's a dominance thing with Ronnie, since he is so passive. (Billy is the aggressive one always shoving me out of the way so for him it would be dominance but he doesn't hump). For Ronnie it's a learned behavior that is so ingrained, if I bring out his stuffie he will immediately come running to "mate" with it. It's pretty foolproof...if Ronnie is hiding somewhere and I want him to come out, I bring out the stuffed animal and voila.

It does get a little annoying when I'm trying to pet and pull out loose fur only to have him maneuver around my arm and start humping it mid-process :shock:

A few pictures of the bunnies getting their nails trimmed. These were taken with light from the window and the camera's white balance set to auto. I found that it's a bad idea to mix light sources (i.e. window light and incandescent bulbs) because the camera usually can't accommodate for more than one type of light at the same time. It will adjust for one or the other, but not both, causing pictures to be bluish or yellowish.

It was pretty dim in the room with just the light from the windows, but the camera automatically adjusts with a slower shutter speed, taking in sufficient light to make decent pictures.

Here's Ronnie:

DSC_1908.jpg

DSC_1912.jpg

"HELP ME"

DSC_1917.jpg

DSC_1930.jpg

Showing his disapproval afterward:

DSC_1958.jpg

Billy:

DSC_1936.jpg

DSC_1945.jpg

Ok, this one looks like we abuse him but I swear he was just blinking due to the camera light ;)

DSC_1948.jpg

Pleading for help:

DSC_1950.jpg

And cleaning off the human filth after we were done:

DSC_1963.jpg

Little Bay Poo wrote:
It's pretty foolproof...if Ronnie is hiding somewhere and I want him to come out, I bring out the stuffed animal and voila.

It does get a little annoying when I'm trying to pet and pull out loose fur only to have him maneuver around my arm and start humping it mid-process :shock:
LOL He's a boy with one thang on his mind. What can ya' say? ;)

The latest photos of the nail-clipping session are priceless.

Billy's Energizer Bunny video reached 100,000 views today, just shy of one year of being posted :biggrin2:

I'm taking a short study break to post some pictures I took of him a few days ago. I've given up on shooting in RAW mode because I'm really bad at editing pictures in Photoshop! So now I'm back to using my gray card, which lets me customize white balance.

Anyhow, when we first got Billy and he was much littler, he used to hide under the coffee table. Now that he's grown, he doesn't quite fit under there anymore:

DSC_2028.jpg

DSC_2035.jpg

He doesn't look like he cares

DSC_2040.jpg

After binkying, Billy will sometimes lounge for a minute or two to catch his breath:

DSC_2080.jpg

DSC_2086.jpg

It's not as much fun to harass him anymore, because he actually enjoys being petted now! He still gets frustrated when I pet him sometimes...I guess I don't do it right...but likes to receive pets from Chris:

DSC_2110.jpg

DSC_2126.jpg

DSC_2130.jpg

DSC_2138.jpg

I wonder what Billy is thinking when his butt doesn't fit someplace it used..."Did some one shorten the legs on this table, OR WHAT?!!!!!"

Billy just has a major Awe-factor that doesn't stop! I think Billy still needs to visit.... Or maybe Ronnie,I need some one to disapprove of something in the house. :p

myheart

OK honestly been almost an entire MONTH since an update on the buns... I know I'm bad - but you've been doing this SO much longer than I so..... :X Its the holidays - can I get a picture or video? :D

juliew19673 wrote:
OK honestly been almost an entire MONTH since an update on the buns... I know I'm bad - but you've been doing this SO much longer than I so..... :X Its the holidays - can I get a picture or video? :D
AHHH, how did this get back to the first page!? :p I am so LAZY when it comes to writing posts these days...and taking pictures of the bunnies too, which is unfortunate because I need to learn to use the DSLR that's been sitting in the corner of my room.

We'll be going out of town this weekend but I will try to get some pictures of the bunnies when I get back, I promise :). Can't say anything for video as I think I'm completely out of my video making phase now. I tend to go through obsessive phases and they always come back, but sometimes it takes over a year for them to cycle through.

As promised I have finally taken some pictures of the bunnies! But before I post those I want to include the link to Ronnie's head tilt thread in case anyone missed it and wonders why his head is on a little crooked :)

Ronnie has head tilt

Off to post some pictures, starting with Ronnie...

Little Ronnie likes to chin my shoes when I come to see him

DSC_2681.jpg

DSC_2686.jpg

He's always running circles around me like an overly excitable puppy, but once in a while he will flop and let me pet him

DSC_2733.jpg

Of course he has his pathetic bunny look down pat, now exaggerated by the tilt

DSC_2737.jpg

DSC_2739.jpg

He's always been a messy bunny, and was difficult to litter train. After he got sick he lost all his litterbox habits and won't go in the box even when Billy's pees and poos are in there. His cage is a mess here. We clean these carpet squares off daily and replace them with new ones as they get too dirty.

DSC_2767.jpg

DSC_2785.jpg

Notice the poo stuck to his front paw...we often have to clean that up for him as he's never been much of a groomer.

DSC_2764.jpg

Ronnie is only 1 ounce shy of his ideal weight so we will be weaning him off the Critical Care very soon. Chris likes to feed Ronnie because he enjoys bundling him and holding him like a baby:

DSC_2809.jpg

Sometimes the Critical Care squirts out too fast :shock:

DSC_2812.jpg

Ronnie gets Meclizine on an as needed basis, usually a few times a week

DSC_2813.jpg

I hope his pictures don't look too sad. He's much more active now than he ever was before and is still doing well off the antibiotics. He's eating, pooing, drinking, and running around like normal and has been for some time now. He runs circles around me like a mad bunny whenever I come to see him and gets upset when I leave. He enjoys running around the whole apartment when Billy is in his cage.

Pictures have been coming out a lot better with the speed light Chris got me for Christmas. It is essentially an external flash unit that connects to the camera and can be pointed in many different directions. This allows the flash to bounce off of ceilings, walls, whatever, to reduce red eye and take away the harshness of a strong flash. Here are my favorites of Billy from today:

DSC_2939.jpg

DSC_3054.jpg

DSC_3077.jpg

And a couple of mid-binkies:

DSC_3012.jpg

DSC_3070.jpg

Larger sizes can be seen at my flickr page for most of these:

http://flickr.com/photos/23962008@N04/sets/72157604852057946/

Little Bay Poo wrote:
myheart, I was actually looking at your blog on Katie the other day and thinking "That's what Billy would look like if he was a Jersey Wooly." It's always neat to see bunnies of the same color in different breeds. Then I kept reading and saw she was a princess just like Billy. I think if they met up they would be fighting for diva status ;)

Sometimes I post videos to my photobucket account if they are raw, unedited footage. I think the one you are talking about is when Billy overshoots a flop, lays there confused for a second and then gets up again. It was the first time he did this, and I was really excited to get it on video! Since then, he's misflopped about 10 more times...he loses control over his lower limbs and always gets very confused when they end up on the other side of him. :)

Here's the video I think you are talking about...let me know if it's the wrong one though:

Now that is adorable! He reminds me of a puppy when he rolls - so cute! :inlove:He must now come and live with me.... :) I just luff him! :) lol.

Emily

Latest posts

Back