The Nethie Boys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, myheart :). I've found this camera to be difficult to use, but I'm learning slowly and taking breaks in between. I don't really like the fact that I have to use flash to get enough light for those indoor action shots. It produces horrible red eye, but barring me spending a fortune on camera accessories I'm not sure what else I could do to get proper lighting! :) Oh and Billy is slowly getting lazier...I think eventually he'll be at the point where binkies are few and far between. It must be an age thing.

Striker, thanks...glad you like the videos! :)

Sorry to here about Billy's lack of binkies. He might get nice and calm maybe to the point him and Ronnie can be in the same area. Poor little Ronnie, all he wants to do is say hi ,but Billy doesn't think so.

LOL, yeah Ronnie is always trying to get at Billy. I'm not sure if Ronnie is looking for a friend or another thing to hump :shock:. Billy, being the scaredy-cat that he is will growl and stomp at Ronnie to keep him away. I think most of Billy's aggression is out of fear :hiding:

Sunny grunts a lot, like when im trying to pick him up or when its time for him to go back to the cage. He doesn't hump things (that i know of) and he

doesnt run around people in circles. That has to be the wierdest thing i have eve seem on youtube and when he tried to hump you.:shock:I didn't think Billy was the affraid i thought he just wanted to kill ronnie. Does ronnie do those wierd little flops or binkies or does he just hump people and run around them?

Ronnie pretty much runs circles, tries to hump me, gets tired and flops over. This is a learned behavior for him because he was a breeder bunny for two years before we got him, so it's all he knew how to do. Neutering didn't stop the behavior since it was learned instead of hormone based.

I've seen Ronnie do small binkies which are mostly just a head twitch while running toward me, and if I get it on video you can't even tell that he's binkying. He usually binkies toward me for treats, and when treat time is done he resorts to his humping behaviors again :?. It doesn't bother me and I find it more comical than anything.

And Billy is definitely afraid of Ronnie (among a million other things). Half the time I don't even know what scares Billy, I just see him dart off into his cage. He probably wants to kill Ronnie, but I think the primary reason behind that is fear, secondary is jealousy. Basically Billy tries to act tough but when push comes to shove, he runs away. So he'd probably start a fight with Ronnie, get scared and run off. That actually happened in September of last year, but since then we've successfully kept them separate with no skirmishes.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture! Look at his face! I laughed out loud when I first saw this and my boyfriend sighed and said "Billy?"

DSC_1467.jpg

I demand a larger version so I can have it as my wallpaper, pleeeaaaaase?

I am so glad there is someone else on here with nethies who loves taking pictures :D, I take hundreds of Sakura a day but I can never get enough ND goodness.

I also like how his fur looks in that picture, the way it looks on his chest reminds me so much of Sakura.

I want to steal your rabbits so badly I could cry :grumpy:.

Hahaha :laugh:

Ok I've uploaded that one to my Flickr account where you can click the magnifying glass to view the larger version.

http://flickr.com/photos/23962008@N04/

For some reason it's still not the original size, so if you want an even larger version let me know and I can email it or something. A note about that picture: it was taken in RAW mode and JPEG basic...I am still waiting to get a copy of Photoshop CS3 to open the RAW files, it's just a matter of me reminding my friend to actually give me the program next time I'm there (I've forgotten twice so far :X). So the photo on Flickr and my blog is JPEG basic which supposedly loses a lot of detail or something. I'm not sure how big the difference is since I'm currently unable to load the RAW files, but when I get that sorted out I'll start uploading the higher quality images :)

JadeIcing wrote:
Teresa has told me that she believes that Ronnie and Billy must come live with her.
If it were up to him I bet Ronnie would go in a heartbeat ;). But Billy is too much of a diva to give attention to another bunny :bunnybutt:

Little Bay Poo wrote:
Hahaha :laugh:

Ok I've uploaded that one to my Flickr account where you can click the magnifying glass to view the larger version.

http://flickr.com/photos/23962008@N04/
Woohoo, thanks :biggrin2:. I know people have fits of awwing and ahhing over rabbits online, but I seriously never get tired of seeing Billy and Ronnie, and each time the cuteness factor increases rather than gets old. Such lovely little dudes, and they have funny little (big!) personalities.

Billy is my favourite bunny colour and Ronnie is my second, so it's quite convinient for me that you chose them :p. One day waaaay into the future, I will be looking for identical rabbits, but perhaps a male and female. It's a struggle to find ND's around here though that haven't been bred with other small rabbits.

I don't know much about the DSLR cameras except that they cost thousands here, but I am glad you got one :toastingbuns.

Are there no new "Billy Binkie Video's"? Or I'd LOVE to see a "Disapproving" Ronniphoto..

Been away from RO for awhile so would love to catch up with your boys.. Throw meand the masses "a bone"..

juliew19673 wrote:
Are there no new "Billy Binkie Video's"? Or I'd LOVE to see a "Disapproving" Ronniphoto..

Been away from RO for awhile so would love to catch up with your boys.. Throw meand the masses "a bone"..
I'm guilty of not coming here or posting much too...been so busy lately! :)

Ok, so I have a confession to make about me and the bunnies. I always refer to them as "my bunnies," but in a technical sense they really aren't mine. Although I've paid for about half of the bunny-related expenses, I'm still living at home with my parents (as are a lot of people my age in this area due to the insane cost of living in Northern Virginia). Animals are not allowed in this house (dad hates animals, mom is scared of them) so the bunnies reside at Chris's apartment. Now, I have a set of keys to his apartment, and can come and go as I please...but I've been so busy lately that I've only been able to go over there maybe once a week.

When I do get a break and go over to see the bunnies, I usually don't bring my camera because carrying the camera around and obsessing about pictures makes me miss out on quality time with Billy and Ronnie. However, they are both due for a nail clipping session, so I will HAVE to get over there and take some pictures of upside-down bunnies because it only comes once every two months ;)

So yeah...sorry about the lack of updates! I'll try to snap some photos this weekend when I have time to go over there. The bunnies are both doing well, and are pretty much the same as they always are. Ronnie continues with his daily humping and Billy still does binkies on the bed. There's a new comforter now that's more cushy, preventing Billy from getting as much "air" as he used to. So now he looks kinda funny spasming but not really going anywhere, or running and trying to make quick turns only to slide onto his side mid-run :biggrin2:

Little Bay Poo wrote:
There's a new comforter now that's more cushy, preventing Billy from getting as much "air" as he used to. So now he looks kinda funny spasming but not really going anywhere, or running and trying to make quick turns only to slide onto his side mid-run :biggrin2:

How cruel to change the dynamic of the main binky launch pad/zone. Poor little tyke has to get used to a whole new binky situation when he is starting to slow down.I know how you feel little guy...Changes can kinda suck some times, especially as we age.... :(

myheart

Aren't you begining to realize thats its not about you or the BF - but about Ronnie and Billy? :p

That being said, understand your at the "transitional" point of life and here to support you (still, fingers crossed that you take your camera and give us and Youtube some footage/shots of the 2 buns :D).

Man I'm selfish when it comes to your buns... :grumpy:

juliew19673 wrote:
Man I'm selfish when it comes to your buns... :grumpy:
I never thought that I'd read such a statement on these boards. Mind you, I'm apt to warp things for my own amusement. ;)

You're right, though, Julie, that it's all about Billy and Ronnie. Those boys are so cute, it should be illegal. For me, they provide a cuteness-overload high. And I be hankerin' for another "fix."

:biggrin2:

I took some pictures of the bunnies tonight but I forgot AGAIN to bring back the new version of Photoshop so I could color adjust the pictures. Billy's are pretty badly yellowed due to the compact fluorescent lighting (neither incandescent nor fluorescent settings work for these bulbs). Ronnie's aren't so bad because I think the lighting in his area is incandescent.

Billy was sassy today, pushing me out of the way every time I tried to pet him. He wanted to binky, run bunny 500s, and explore the roof of his cage...not lounge around and be petted. The best pictures are taken when I can let light in from the window and turn off all the lights indoors. Unfortunately, it was dark out by the time I got there so I had to deal with these awful yellow lights:

DSC_1770.jpg

DSC_1809.jpg

DSC_1818.jpg

DSC_1819.jpg

DSC_1891.jpg

DSC_1901.jpg

Ronnie is molting again, and I'm constantly petting out little tufts of fur and brushing him when I can. He goes through these molts pretty frequently and they last over a month. Ronnie was his usual self today, but posed well for pictures:

DSC_1834.jpg

DSC_1836.jpg

DSC_1837.jpg

DSC_1850.jpg

DSC_1861.jpg

DSC_1875.jpg

DSC_1889.jpg

DSC_1899.jpg

Of course, not a day goes by where he doesn't try to put the moves on me...

DSC_1835.jpg

I just thought I would let you know that I have finished raiding your photos of Ronnie and Billy. My "Forum Rabbits" folder is looking quite full. :DI can not wait for them to pop up as the computer runs through pictures as my screen saver. It is always fun to walk through the room and see what picture is on the screen and become mesmerized by waiting to see which pictures the computer will show next. It will be fun to see Ronnie's disapproving look and I will have to wonder if I am doing something wrong at the time. :)shock:<---Me waiting for pics...(lol)).

myheart

Latest posts

Back