The Dead Bunny Flop-Part 1(Now Closed)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my 2 never seem to do the full bunny flop. Should I be concerned that they are not that happy? I have already posted piccies of the closest they come to it!!:colors:

Rabbits are still prey animals, some are just not comfortable exposing their bellies nor are they comfortable laying half asleep in the open. Spice hasn't really done a DBF since he was bonded to Mocha3 years ago. It's nothing to be worried about, some are just a little more weary.

But it looks soooo cute though!! They do let me stroke them around their chin and under thei jaw so progress being made. Hopefully they will do the flop thing. Everyones rabbits just look adorable!!:inlove:

The first time i had ever seen a bunny flop was when Marshmallow was about 2 months old,i had just brought the bunnies in from being outside and i just happened to notice Marsh just flopped over and stayed like that,i felt my heart leave my chest,i thought she was sick,so i took her to the vet lollollollol,and there was nothing wrong with her lol,$40 for nothing but embarrasment and that was over 2 years ago and i still have a giggle when i think about it.

Now i'm so used to my buns just flop down anywhere they like,they are just so comfortable in their surroundings that you can walk up to them and they won't move,but i still find myself having to have a look to see if they are breathing and sometimes i will touch them just to see if they are still alive:stikpokesometimes i will even call their name but they are just sound asleep that they cannot hear me,until i poke them again,Chocolate Bunny and Cassidy will sometimes fall asleep on their back with their feet in the air,that is just the sweetest thing to see,but it was also pretty scary when i first seen this as well,it was poke the bunny again:stikpoke,i don't annoy them as much anymore,just occassionally;)

cheryl

Hehe. Pebbles loves to do her flop and go on her back after a nice long run on the tile. The tile is kinda cold so it cools her down. Smart bun :D.

You guys are all so lucky, we have 4 Bunnies and not one of them lays on their backs.

Only the two boys do the flops, they girls never do them.

By the way all the pictures are great. I just love looking at them.

:apollo::bunny19:rabbithop:dutchSoooska

OH, My Mr. Pumpkin Bunny flops. This is his old cage before we got the pen so it was really hard to get a good angle.

cageflop.jpg
He makes a big process of it. Like 3.1 lbs is really difficult to flop!

I caught Peanut the other day on her back with legs in the air, eyes closed, batting a paw here and their and softly grunting.:sleep: I thought it was a seizure at first or something. I actuallythink she was dreaming. When I went to get the camera she got up (might as well been drooling from her lookon her face) looking at me like "What , hey that was a good dream"

I love the Spoon flop! I can't get enough of everyone's flop pictures, I could look at them all day. People who don't know rabbits don't know what they are missing!

Nothing like a good flop to make you smile...sometimes even belly laugh!

In almost the year that we've had Holly I've only seen her flop 2 or 3 times and when she does she always rolls back onto her tummy.

I wish I could find the picture and scan it, but I remember that a number of years ago I got a picture of a wild bunny flopped over in a flower bed:)

Laura wrote:
JimD wrote:
Binkie loves her ear.
Jim, do you still have the one where she's cuddling her blankie?

That one melts my heart.
I think I only have ones where she's cuddling her ear.....just different versions of the one I posted above. Ya mean these??

bink2.jpg

bink4a.jpg

JimD wrote:
Laura wrote:
JimD wrote:
Binkie loves her ear.

That one melts my heart.
I think I only have ones where she's cuddling her ear.....just different versions of the one I posted above. Ya mean these??

bink2.jpg

bink4a.jpg

haha thats my lap!! look at my baby girl! i miss her sooo much :)

Here's a pic of my boy Basil snoozing away. I know its not a full flop..but quite funny! He gave me quite a scare (and I also put him on a diet after seeing this photo!

I LuV MaH BuNs wrote:
JimD wrote:
Laura wrote:
JimD wrote:
Binkie loves her ear.

That one melts my heart.
I guess I was just confused! I'm pretty sure that's the pic I was thinking of. It's precious!

Pet_Bunny I love your pics!Pebbles looks pretty relaxed...shes definitely livin the life!

Heres one of my Mr. Tumnus. He was chillin in his cage. The only angle I could get was through the bars...but you get the message. This is one easy going bunny!

Latest posts

Back