Bunny grooming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m not sure if I’m in the right place to ask this but….
Can anyone tell me if they have found a good brush to brush Minx? I have bought several but they don’t seem to catch the fur being so fine!
I would so appreciate any feedback you can give me! Thanks so much

i use the attached one,it feel it's very good, can brush the rabbit's hair smoothly and does not tear the hair out.{AAD0341B-6903-4395-9210-B8E55F3F4627}.png

I have tried alllll these combs in that picture above and none seem to be doing much. Especially the silicone brushes- my buns would try to eat them or get a massage feeling at best.
What really works is gentle hand-plucking of loosy toofys and petting with a wet hand so that the loosy hair tufts would stick onto my hand.
The next best option was a super fine toothed, round-tipped flea comb.

I have tried alllll these combs in that picture above and none seem to be doing much. Especially the silicone brushes- my buns would try to eat them or get a massage feeling at best.
What really works is gentle hand-plucking of loosy toofys and petting with a wet hand so that the loosy hair tufts would stick onto my hand.
The next best option was a super fine toothed, round-tipped flea comb.

I have to agree and that’s why I asked, I’ve tried several with not much success. I think Amazon is tired of me!!😫🥴
I will try the finer comb. You’d think with all the buns out there someone would have found the “Ideal” tool
If anyone out there knows what’s best, I’m sure there are many of us who would appreciate that information.👍👍❤️❤️

I have an Angora rabbit. I also have a shorter haired part lionhead bunny who sheds. I have found the following brushes/combs work well for short-medium haired rabbits:
- Slicker brush with bristles which have balls on the tips (not sharp like the wire slickers)
- Paddle brush with balls on the bristles
- Steel comb with both narrow and wide spaced teeth
- Steel comb with rotating teeth, narrow and wide spaced (good for tangles and mats)

I have an Angora rabbit. I also have a shorter haired part lionhead bunny who sheds. I have found the following brushes/combs work well for short-medium haired rabbits:
- Slicker brush with bristles which have balls on the tips (not sharp like the wire slickers)
- Paddle brush with balls on the bristles
- Steel comb with both narrow and wide spaced teeth
- Steel comb with rotating teeth, narrow and wide spaced (good for tangles and mats)
Thanks for this information but could you send pics of some of these tools and where is the best place to get them such as the steel comb with rotating teeth???? Not sure I’ve ever seen something like that! I’ve tried so many to no avail! And it’s frustrating because Minx is always shedding and I’d love to groom her for my sake snd for hers so she’s not ingesting too much as she’s grooming herself! I appreciate any help you can give
We thank you 😊

Here you go!
I bought them on Amazon.ca (Canada) but they should be available on Amazon.com
Slicker brush
1715885770507.png

Paddle brush

1715885844107.png
Rotating tooth comb
1715885956742.png
Standard steel comb with scissors kit (you can get the comb separately)

1715886081442.png

Latest posts

Back