The bun clan!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Princess Diana, she was the wife of Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, the son of the current Queen of England and she was, at one time, probably the most famous woman in the world. She´s the mother of the current grandsons of the queen Prince William and Harry. I´m sure you´ll have seen pictures of her at one time or another. THere was a conspiracy theory when she died in a car crash in a tunnel in Paris as they reckoned it wasn´t an accident.

All very interesting stuff indeed.

Hmm.. Some of that sounds very familiar. I think I've probably heard about it at one point in time, it's very possible.

And I thought it was interesting as well. Read this whole six page article about this Liza girl and how she's supposedly related to Jesse Presley AND Elvis presley, and she was in the middle of trying to prove it.. there was supposed to be a case about it, but I never did find it..

So I think I may go shopping today.. maybe. If not today I'll hopefully be able to go either tomorrow or Saturday.. Not really shopping for anything in general, I just think that's its fun to get out of the house and look at things. Anyway, I was trying to figure out what type of 'toy' I could get for the buns. They have a little stuff duck, one of those crinkle tunnel (the cat type one that has a peek-a-boo hole in the middle) and then they have their cardboard dig center.. the cardboard 'house' with some crumbled up paper and some small pieces of cardboard. I'm curious what might be a SMALL thing to add.. something as a toy, something they'd like to play with. Any suggestions?

I wouldn't doubt that the wreck that Princess Di died in wasn't an accident. Wasn't Prince Charles having an affair with Camilla? I'm not sure though, I was like 7 when she died.

And Kassi, no you weren't alive when Elvis died, that was 1977.

I remember seeing a picture of JFK with his kids dressed in their halloween costumes in October of 1963, he looked so happy with them. He was helping adjust something on one of the costumes. The kids were like 4 and 6 or something like that. Its sad to think that was the last holiday he spent with his kids, since he died like 22 days later. :( He looked happy though and god, SO handsome.

What about baby keys for a toy for them. Or a slinky. Ellie has a slinky that she likes and she likes the baby keeps a bit to.

Yeah, that's what I thought.. My dad had told me he was a kid when it happened, that just slipped my mind :) That happens sometimes..

And Keys may work. Somehow I don't think Isis would be too interested in a slinky, but I always could be wrong. Is there any special kind that I should look for? Like anything that I wouldn't want Isis chewing on?

Yes he was but I still think that it was a terrible accumulation of circumstances and mishaps that led to her death...we will truly never know.

I love seeing stuff about JFK and yes, it was so sad that he died so young. I always remember seeing his kids at the funeral and it was heartbreaking, they were so small but so dignified.

Baby keys is a great idea. Mine have a rubber ball with a bell in...it is noisy as I can hear them when they start throwing it about lol.

I have solid baby keys, they don't have any paint or anything on them. They're just plastic, she seems to like them. As a treat I also give her hay cubes.
Willow balls always seem to be a hit with them. Not a metal slinky, but the dollar plastic small ones.
Any kind of hard plastic ball, Ellie likes to push them around with her nose.

I had a willow tube as well that they loved sitting in and eating, I must get another one for them to start on.

Well thanks for all the ideas. I may get a couple small things that I can rotate around. I want the babies to have lots of toys. Maybe I'll see what they like best so I can let their next slaves know (for the baby babies). This might also sound silly, but I was curious if one might rub a blanket on the mom when they leave for a new home and send the blanket with them? That's what we did when my mom got a puppy, so that the puppy would feel even just slightly better with the familiar scent. And then I'd know that they at least have a blanket to lay/sit on... You know, this is why I could never be a rabbit breeder. To top off the fact that there are so many bunnies out there with unfit homes, there is also the fact that I have a hard time even thinking about parting with them. I know I'll have a hard time letting them go when the time comes around :(

Hello everyone!!
So today and tomorrow are going to be interesting, to say the least. I'm going to my dad's overnight tonight. I'll be gone for about 25 hours in total, leaving around 1:30 today and getting back around 3:30 tomorrow. I guess that's actually 26 hours, isn't it? Forgot about drive time. Anyway, that means that all the animals schedules are most likely going to be thrown off. The BF will be at the house an completely able to feed them in the morning, but then he goes off to work. This is exactly why I'm only staying one night. That way they get to be out and about this morning until about the time I leave, then when I get home tomorrow they get to be out again. I din't want to leave them in a cage all day.
With that being said, I'm curious of two things. 1. How Isis will react when I get home. She's gotten used to having her cage opened as soon as I get up an having breakfast with me, so missing that one day I'm curious to see what happens. 2. If the babies will have their eyes open, or starting at least. They'll be 10 days tomorrow, and basically everywhere I read said between 10-14 days is when they'll open their eyes. I'd be happy to see at least some eyes starting to open. :3 I guess I'll just see when I arrive home tomorrow.
Speaking of things I'm curious about, I've started to introduce the dogs to Isis, sort of. She's still in her x-pen, where they can't even begin to reach her, but at least they see each other and can sniff each other if they get close enough to the pen. With that being said, I think Isis is 'teasing' the dogs. She keeps going to where they can sniff her, then when they get excited she darts off. The thing is, I can tell she isn't scared, not anymore, and it almost looks like she's looking back at them an saying "Na na na na na, you can't get me!" Silly Isis. I really think the dogs deserve it though.
Alright, so on a different side of things, I just want to get it out there that this is my first time doing this thing called FILING TAXES and I ALREADY hate it. Yes, hate is a strong word, I know, but seriously? This tax thing has got me so turned around. I'm just glad that I'm done and getting ready to send it in. Hope it doesn't take long to get the return back, I could really use that money!! That will definitely help with getting animals FIXED! Yeah, I think that's definitely what I'll do with it first. Which will solve me the stress of any more 'oops' animals. REALLY can't afford for that to happen anymore.
I think I've rambled on enough about that! Will take some pictures while I'm at my dads. Wont be anything exciting, but I'll be hanging out with dad and Dog. Which reminds me that I need to pack his bone. I don't think he'd be too happy with me if I didn't show up with a present, like I said I would!! That, and I might need a bribe for Dog. He's new to the house (Dad's house) and it's been 3 weeks since I saw him, so I'm not sure how he'll act to me being there. Apparently he doesn't like new people though, so it will be interesting. Hopefully the bone will be enough to either get back on Dog's good side, or stay there. Hopefully he remembers me. I guess I'll find out this afternoon in 5ish hours. Which reminds me, I need to pack my overnight bag. And I think I've rambled on long enough for this post.

Rabbits do get very used to routine. I give the buns some of my sons banana every morning and when a morning comes around where we don't have banana....oh MY do I hear it from arch. He stomps and bangs around usually until lunch time when he finally realizes he's not getting one and gives up. Haha.

Have fun on your overnight. I'm sure thry will all be fine for one night :)

Oh my! I'm sure everyone will let my bf know that they aren't on schedule! I'll bet he has fun with that! Ha!

And yeah, I'm hoping everyone will be fine overnight. It was either an overnight stay, or staying until Monday, late, and I don't know that they could stand their schedule being off that long, plus I know that they wont be out of the cages very much during that time, so I decided one night, best for all the animals.

AWW!! I just looked over and Isis is cleaning her ears an face. It looks so cute! :3

I never worried with leaving for the night. Its just when you leave for like 4 or more. I'm going out of town for 4 days in April and I have a ton of animals and a flock of chickens too. So I'm going to be pretty worried about them.
I'm sure your buns won't be mad that you didn't let them out of the cage like normal. They do get used to their routines, but then they get over it if its a little off.

Taxes are a pain in the butt. I hated having to do them when I worked, but now my husband takes care of them! And he gets all pissy when he does them. haha.

I would be worried if I was going away for a while too. With the rabbits, cats, and dogs, I'd be concerned over them. I'll be taking a vacation this summer for a week and I'm concerned already, though I'm already starting 'training' for those that will be taking care of the animals when I'm away. I think my friends are thinking I'm crazy. But they love the animals too, so they should be fine.

And if I trusted my bf to do the taxes, I would let him, but I'm the more mathematical one, and I'm afraid that he'll mess up, in fact I KNOW that he'll mess up. :3

Oh my goodness, I feel like I haven't been on this site in ages, when really it was just a couple days. But, I think I have a fair amount to blog about, perhaps. Pictures will come later, as I don't exactly feel like trying to upload them to my computer then through Photobucket.

Okay! So let me begin. So Friday I went to my dad's house, as I said I was, but on the way there my mom slammed on her breaks and my bag lurched forward. Let me mention that my computer was in there. I'll get back to that fact a little wile later. Anyways, so I get there and Dog started growling when I opened the car door, but the second I said his name he started whining and trying to get to me. He was also very pleased about the bone that I brought him. I'll post some photos up of him when I get to that. Anyway, so we went inside and Dog went nuts for the bone. My dad and I spent the weekend watching Elvis movies (Viva Los Vegas and GI Blues to name two). And, of course, playing with Dog, who I discovered will not chew on ANYTHING until you give it to him. And if you want to give him anything like paper or plastic, you have to crumple it up first, then he'll take it. He also likes to pop bubble wrap! It was fun. Anyway, As I was busy while I was there I didn't get on my computer the whole time. So when I got home I turned on my computer only to discover that when my mom had slammed on the breaks she busted up my computer somewhat. Not to worry too much, it's completely usable, just irritating now. The picture on the screen 'twitches' if you will, and it gets extremely annoying. But it seems like it's starting to fix itself, hopefully, because the 'twitching' is getting less and less. Still annoying though. Anyway, so that's why I wasn't on yesterday, as I was trying to get the computer fixed.
So Isis was acting weird when I got home yesterday. She was following me around (as much as she could in the x-pen) and chewing on the bars. I asked my bf if he fed her this morning, and he said yes, but when I went to let Isis sniff my finger, she went to nip my finger, which she NEVER has done before. Anyway, I grabbed a small amount of pellets (as she already had hay) and she went nuts eating them, then let me pet her and didn't try and nip. If she was that hungry, why didn't she just eat her hay? That sort of concerned me, but she seems to be completely fine now. She is running around and doing binkies like normal in the morning. I'm wondering if it was because she got fed a lot earlier then she is used to (bf had to work real early) that she was so hungry. I'm hoping that was all it was.
Moving on. So I checked the babies yesterday and no one had eyes open yet, but this morning one has both eyes open, and another has one eye open. I was slightly worried that the babies wouldn't be on schedule (opening eyes between 10-14 days) seeing as none of them had opened their eyes yesterday, but I guess that was just me being a little worry wart. I'm going to go back to my other forum as soon as I'm done with this and double check what I shall be expecting this next week or so. I can't wait for the little ones to be running around the pen! I don't know that I'll be doing much of anything else then playing with the, I'm so excited. It makes me almost sad that I'll have to give them to new homes soon.
On a completely different note, this show that I've been watching, Sliders, is getting REALLY interesting. It's a wonderful show and idea behind it. People 'sliding' between different universes. They have this thing they call a timer that counts down to when they can slide again, but they can't get home, because they don't have what they need, the coordinates, of their home planet. And now the whole thing is mixed up, Quin is in another Quin (that's one of the main characters) and they are trying to figure out how to separate them. It's sort of extremely hard to explain. Anyway, I'm watching the show right now and I'm trying to figure out what is going on, so I'm going to cut the blog off here. Bye!!

I'm glad you had a good time at your dad's house. Dog sounds like a good dog. German shepherds tend to be pretty smart and it sounds like he is smart!
Sorry about your laptop! My spacebar is sticking and its irritating, but nothing like computer screen glitches.

I can't wait to see the babies out running around either. There is nothing cuter than a baby bunny hopping around!

I'm glad your trip went well. Hopefully your computer is ok.

I can't wait to see new pics of the babies. It was so fun when my little bunnies first opened their eyes, because soon after they start wandering out of the nest and start playing. Don't worry too much about the eyes, but do keep an eye on them. One of my babies opened their eyes at 11 days, then a couple more the next day, and then the other two the day after. So they don't all do it at once. Just make sure none of their eyes get goopy, and if after 14 days, they all don't have eyes open, you can very gently wipe their eye with a warm damp cloth, to help get their eyes open.

Also, it doesn't sound like you are feeding Isis unlimited pellets? Nursing mom's need a ton of extra nutrition, and they can't really get the extra protein and calcium they need, from grass hay. She really needs to always have pellets available to her. They usually end up eating double or triple their usual amount, but I don't think it's good to all the sudden give a rabbit a whole bunch of pellets, when it's not used to it. What I did when my rabbit was about to have her babies, was gradually increase the amount of pellets over a few days time, til she was to the point I was free feeding her. So maybe over the next 3 days, increase the amount each day so that in 3 days she will be up to unlimited pellets. It would be better to increase more gradually than that, but the babies are already over a week old, and she really needs to be getting that extra nutrition right away. Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Morgan, Yes, Dog is very smart and I think German Shepherds are the third smartest dog out there. Not 100% sure about that, but that's what I think. And the glitchy screen is driving me nuts. I can still get on and do stuff, but it makes it so much harder to read and type!!

Jenny, I normally give her a fair amount in the morning and Isis nibbles on it all day, but she ate way more yesterday then normal. Normally I give her pellets and she doesn't need any more, because she eats at it all day. Yesterday was different though. They were all gone by the time I got home, which was unusual, and she was begging for more (which I gave her). I don't know if my bf didn't give her as much as I normally do, but normally she has plenty of pellets throughout the day. I just found it odd is all. And I guess I don't give her unlimited, because I don't refill her bowl before I go to bed, but normally she has pellets all throughout the day and still has some when I go to bed, though it's almost always completely gone when I get up and she definitely wants more then.

German Shepherds are fabulous dogs. Super smart. I had a German shepherd when I was younger. She was beautiful. She had a pretty bad case of hip dysplasia though :(

Bummer about your computer. Twitching screen would bug me too.

Sounds like you had fun at your dads watching Elvis movies. I would love that too of course!

Jenny took the words out of my mouth about nursing mommas needing extra food. I would say that even if she still has pellets throughout the day still refill the bowl so she has plenty. Trust me, I remember how hungry I was when I nursed my son! Hahahahahahahah I empathize with her being hungry! :)

I love German Shepherds! I want one of my own someday, but not now. I don't have enough space or money to get a german shepherd right now, my house is already full! :3 I will get one when I'm older and have a bit more money and space. So a few years down the road most likely.

And I guess I'm going to be spending ALL the money I get from taxes. I know a good chunk of it will most likely go to getting a new laptop, I swear the twitchy screen is giving me a headache!! It's so annoying, it's a good thing I can type without looking at the screen. Doesn't hurt my head as much!

And it wont be that much of a problem to just give her some more pellets before I go to sleep for the night, it wouldn't be that big of an increase so I think she'd be fine.
I do have a question though. When will the babies start grooming themselves? I was just looking at one of them and it almost looked like it was cleaning itself, but it's WAY to early for that, right?

Good to see you had a great time, the dog sounds lovely, I love German Shepherds, they are such smart dogs and so gentle as well.

The screen would drive me nuts as well, I hate computer problems of any kind.

Watching Elvis movies, love that and those two are some of my favourites.

Hope the babies continue to thrive and look forward to seeing pics of them.

Back