The bun clan!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kzbun

Reaction score
Okay, the title is stupid, I admit it, but I hadn't a clue what to put! Plus, this is my first time doing a blog. Before I get started, I should mention that I have been reading all the blogs that I can and TRYING to keep up with everyone!! It's difficult, I think I'm going to start a notebook with notes about who is slave to who and what's going on!! Anyway, here I shall start!

Today was the day that I made a certain miss Isis VERY pleased, though she started off more concerned and frightened then pleased. The reason for this is because she had some.. let's say renovations.. done! Today she was given extra space! In addition to her cage (which she hasn't wanted me to take her out of) she now has a x-pen around it to give her a larger area! She's so pleased, I witnessed a Binky!! EEEE!! Yes, I just squealed. Unfortunately I can't grab my camera in time to video her doing it. Anyway, she seems to be pleased. After reading about other bunitates (that's what I'm calling them now) I gained some ideas! She has a little box house with some crumpled paper in it and some shredded cardboard (tiny pieces that were leftover). She also has a small hide-a-hole between her cage and litter box. She likes to squeeze in there and then suddenly pop out, as if playing peek-a-boo! She's so adorable!! She's in her little box right now, playing with the paper it sounds like. Anyway, she seems very pleased, and I hope that she stays pleased with her new arrangements!
On another note, I think Basil is mad at me. He was being a little scratchy yesterday and I thumped at him, which caught his attention. After a little while I decided it was time to go back in the cage, and I ushered him in, but today he just doesn't want anything to do with me. I tried offering him treats and he just sort of ignores me. I know he feels alright because he is acting fine with my boyfriend. Sigh. He is just a pain anyway.
On yet another different note, I HAVE PICTURES! ^^ I sort of was waiting to do this post until I took some photos that I could add! When taking them I noticed some things. Well I was mostly taking pictures of the babies (as they are a week old and getting SOO big) and noticed that two of them have 'sleeves' as one may call them, over one shoulder, and another one has a white tip to one of his ears. The oddity of their markings is weird, because (to my knowledge) they are completely Dutch bunnies. I don't know, maybe someone can give me an idea? They were an oops litter, nothing planned, and they are a bunch of odd balls already! Anyways, I'm guessing we want some photos, no?

Shall we start with the babies? HEADSHOTS!!
2013-03-20171912_zpsfbbb1f84.jpg

2013-03-20171935_zps1d8109fe.jpg

I think this one is my favorite (idk how, but I feel 'drawn' towards him/her)
2013-03-20172001_zps5c6da9f7.jpg

This one looks like a kitty in this photo!
2013-03-20172036_zps18a567a4.jpg

Eh, it blurred..
2013-03-20172119_zps349bb6b5.jpg

The SLEEVE
2013-03-20172111_zpsb8fcb7f2.jpg

White tip on ear
2013-03-20171857_zpsf99db3c0.jpg

Isis. She wasn't to happy at me..
2013-03-20172236_zpsecb8b67e.jpg

She's calmed down now.. She wasn't happy with my phone being in her face and me taking pics of her babies, I guess.

And then there is Isis's extra space.. She's already making a mess out of it.
2013-03-201627271_zps170589a6.jpg

So.. my first post is a ramble, please don't mind it tooo much... Also, I've got to say I absolutely love the Elvis thing, I'm an Elvis fan, so I'm just going to add it right.... here:elvis2:

Okay, so I didn't really 'introduce' anyone in my first post, sorry 'bout that!! I guess I was too scatter brained to even think about that!! I'll do it now instead! :3

Hi! My name is Kassi (really Kassidy, but Kassi is good) and I'm 18 years old. I used to work at a daycare for almost two years, but then was fired without notice and given absolutely no reason (I asked several times and nobody would tell me anything.) So now I'm between jobs. I wont let that get me down though! I've lived with my boyfriend since I was 17, and the two of us have been together for 2 years, 10 months, and 6 days... If you wanted exact, I could probably figure out the hours too, but I don't think anyone is concerned about that! Anyways, My kids are my animals. Of course everyone knows about Isis and Basil (the stinker butt that he is..), but there are three others. Well technically four, but Max (cat) isn't ours, we're just watching him for my mom. So we have Max (fat cat) who is a lazy cat that runs away from ANYTHING! My brother had a hamster that he let in a ball and it chased this cat around. A 25 lb cat, and he was running from a hamster. After Max we have Miya, who will be 6 in June! My little baby is growing up so fast! Anyway, she's a sweety. She has really soft fur, still feels like a kittens, and is still really playful. I was really worried about introducing her to a rabbit, however, as she used to be an indoor/outdoor cat and hunt mice all the time. Surprisingly enough she didn't even mind the rabbits coming in, in fact she acted just like they were one of the dogs, in which she plays with. Which brings me to the dogs! We have two dogs here, there is Kirby, a Morkie (Maltese/Yorkie mix). He is a playful thing and likes to lick everything to death. To say the least he isn't allowed to play with the bunnies, though I'll let him be on opposite sides of a fence or gate from them, just as long as he isn't on the same side. He really is a good, smart dog though, and maybe once he calms down I will introduce them. Anyway, then we have Rosie, who is a Yorkie and is sort of like Kirby in the fact that she likes to lick everything, but she isn't nearly as hyper as he is. She isn't allowed with the rabbits either. So that's the whole gang.. Oh wait, I guess my hubby could be considered an animal, no? I mean I feed, take care of, and love him too, right? xD Anyway, My bf is 21 years old. I think what switched us from best friends to bf/gf a few years ago was when I saw him playing with my niece and nephew. At that moment, seeing how he was with kids, I think that's when I fell for him, my best friend. Not that the feelings weren't there before, because they were, but that was the moment where I knew there was no chance of ignoring my feelings. The fact that he melts whenever he is spending time with the animals just enforces that! Yeah, we have our spats, just like any other couple, but that is something that we always work through!
Anyways, now that I've PROPERLY introduced the whole clan, I feel much better :3

The babies look like full dutch babies, just mismarked. Ellie is mismarked too.

Welcome to rabbit blogging! It sounds like you have a house full, like me.

Can't wait to hear more updates!

Your title is not stupid at all and this is a very good first blog!!!

The buns are so cute and I could tell Isis was giving you the stink eye in that picture, haha.

You and your boyfriend sound like a lovely couple. For what it's worth, I met my boyfriend (now husband) when I was 16. I'm 35 so I've been with him for 19 years. So all those people who say young love doesn't work........it does! It takes alot of work though. You both will change as you get older. Believe me, you will. Haha. You won't think you will, but you do. So the key is to grow togethr not apart as you get older.

That's so great you saw a binky! And thry are the hardest things to catch on video or photo because they are so fast!

Do you have plans yet on how you are advertising your buns? And then are you planning on fixing and bonding your two?

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Nice to get to know someone new and the buns are adorable. I love black and white dutchies. And those little tiny ones are gorgeous. Can´t wait to see more pics as they grow up.

You´ve got quite a household which must be keeping you busy at the moment. Look forward to more news.

Hello everyone! Thanks for the welcomes!

Lisa, Yeah, we've known each other since we were younger an have had to deal with people saying it wont work out, but we are doing good so far! Good to hear that I'm not the only one who found their love young! And I've already posted an ad on CL. I will be definitely doing 'interviews' for the babies and being really careful who they go to. And yes, I'm planing on re bonding the two after I get at least one of them fixed.
Chris an Morgan, Yes, I have a busy busy household. And I think it's about to get bigger...

Okay, so I have some not so good news. This is completely my own stupid fault, and I don't know what I'm going to do about it. So I told everyone about Rosie and Kirby, my two little dogs.. WELL, I think Rosie got pregnant :grumpy: I had set up a time to take her in and get her fixed, because I DON'T WANT PUPPIES, but I couldn't get an appointment in until next month! Anyway, with that being said my bf and I had been watching the two dogs carefully. They go outside one at a time and are only let to run around the house together if they are being supervised, so I was hoping it wouldn't happen, but I think somehow they mated, because Rosie's nipples are swelling. :(( I really don't know what to do about this. An oops litter of Rabbits is easy (well compared to pups) to deal with, but is I'm right and Rosie has pups. Guys, I really don't like this, I don't have the money to take all of them to the vet and get shots. I guess I'm going to have to take my emergency fund out to get them all the necessary shots and then get Rosie fixed AFTER she has them. I'm going to blame this one on my certain bf, because they didn't do anything while I was watching. I guess I'll just have to work something out.. hopefully she wont have too many pups. I'm tense just talking about this. We had been trying to avoid this, watching them carefully and trying to stop it from happening so she would be fixed next month, but it seems we weren't careful enough..
Oh well.. not much I can do about it now, right? Best not stress about things one cannot control.
It makes me glad the cats can't have babies, I really don't think I could handle any more. I really don't think I can handle the pups..
On a happier note, Isis was binkying all night last night. My bf started freaking out when he saw it and thought something was wrong :) He asked if we should call the vet because of how she was jumping about, and I explained to him that it's a good thing! Lol. Sadly it seemed that every time I went to record she stopped what she was doing and flopped instead. Silly miss Isis. She wasn't happy with me last night, I made her go back in her cage for the night, just so I know she didn't make an escape! She didn't like that, but was pleased when I let her out this morning.
Basil is being a but still. He seems to be upset with me right now. Well he is my bf's bun, so I'm sort of glad that he is being good with the bf, but I'd like for him to not be mad at me. Maybe some treats will fix it right up! I hope so.
So I think I may go to visit my dad tomorrow. He lives about 30 mins from me and I haven't seen him in about a month. Apparently Dog (his black german shepherd) has been missing me, so I think a visit may be in order!! But that would mean that the family wont get as much time to roam around as normal (seeing as I'm unemployed and at home all the time). I'm sure one day wont make much difference. Speaking of my dad, he just called, and it's REALLY difficult to blog when talking on the phone as well! So I'm going to cut it off here.

You could take your yorkie and do an emergency spay, it would probably cost more, but you wouldn't have puppies. I know that sounds terrible, but there are so many dogs in the world, especially little ones. I know oops litters happen, they're so sneaky. haha.

Its good that Isis has room now and can binky around! Its so exciting to see them go crazy like that. Does she jump really high in the air? Ellie jumps feet into the air! Its so funny.

I second what Morgan said....emergency spay. It does sound horrible but no more horrible than having puppies you can't afford to take care of. And what if something happens during birth? Momma needs vet care or a puppy needs vet care? Things can get expensive. It's a tough decision I hope things work out for you.

I forgot to tell you I'm an Elvis fanatic too!!! I have all his music and books galore. I've watched so much about him and I've visited Graceland. He is one of a kind and I believe no one will ever top him! Hes also one of the most gorgeous men to have ever walked the earth. Did you know he was a twin? Could you imagine e if hisntwin had lived.....two Elvises!,! Hahaha

That's an idea, taking her in for an emergency one... It does sound horrible though. I mean, it'd probably be cheaper then having to take care of the pups and the vet for them, but I'm not sure how long she's been pregnant. As I said, we've been watching them carefully, so I'm not sure how it happened in the first place.. and I'm not sure if they can even do that anymore.. I'd feel bad about it as well.. But you are right, there are already so many dogs out there in shelters.

And she jumps maybe a foot or so into the air. Not extremely high, but still cute. She's pleased right now, I opened the blinds and let sunlight in her area (it's much to cold to go outside) and she was basking in it for a little while before she went to her litter box. OH! She made mommy VERY pleased. I set up a litter box in her new area, and I was prepared for her to be peeing and pooping everywhere to mark the area, but she's going in the litter box I set up! So pleased with her!

I forgot to tell you I'm an Elvis fanatic too!!! I have all his music and books galore. I've watched so much about him and I've visited Graceland. He is one of a kind and I believe no one will ever top him! Hes also one of the most gorgeous men to have ever walked the earth. Did you know he was a twin? Could you imagine e if hisntwin had lived.....two Elvises!,! Hahaha

I can go into a whole conspiracy about this. I know about his twin! In fact, you should google Jesse Presley. Apparently there is a Jesse Presley alive today.. just a little interesting fact for you. I wont go into my whole conspiracy thing though, no need to rant about Elvis being alive or anything >>

Feel free to rant....we do that on our blogs sometimes.

Jesse Presley is a very common name. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of Jesse presleys :)

You're not one of those people that thinks Elvis is alive are you!?!?!? :) :) :)

The great conspiracy theory. I love Elvis too. I still remember the night he died and where i was (in a caravan on holiday at the seaside) and on Radio Luxembourg, I remember the DJ was crying his eyes out and me and my little brother couldn´t believe it was true. He was absolutely gorgeous, I still love seeing his films and his live performances from the early 70´s, that was some beautiful man.

This Jesse Presley is related to a Lisa Presley, who is Elvis's step-sister (or so they are trying to prove and were doing dna tests.. I'm pretty sure it shows that they are related (Lisa or Liza and Elvis, can't remember her name.)) And apparently he's really Elvis, because he said that he wanted to give his brother a chance to live his life.... That's all just stuff I've read though, and I'm not exactly too into it.. not in the least >> My dad wanted the research done, and I'm all about research.. in fact I absolutely love doing research and will do any that interest me enough... Oh, and to answer your question, at one point in time I did believe he was still alive, but I think he'd have passed by now either way..

Wow that's quite the theory! For that to be true wouldn't that had to have started back in 1935 when Jesse Presley died?

I'm not one for conspiracy theories i guess. Humans love a good conspiracy so I think it's more wishful thinking. If Elvis faked his death someone would have leaked proof or been paid off for a credible storyy by now. All of the sources are debunked in one way or another.

Chris my mom says she remembers too! I guess it's the same with big hysterical events. Like Kenndy assassination, challenger going down, 9/11. My mom was pregnant with me when Elvis died. My name is Lisa Marie. Haha. I do remember the challenger and 9/11 though. Very prominent memories.

It is so true, we do remember the important events in history. I don´t remember challenger but do remember 9/11 and also when Princess Diana died.

I don't think I was even alive when he passed.. or should I say 'passed' And yes, there are different reasons why he did or didn't pass away.. and I could list a whole bunch of them, but I have a feeling you aren't that interested in it :3

I don't think I was even alive when he passed.. or should I say 'passed' And yes, there are different reasons why he did or didn't pass away.. and I could list a whole bunch of them, but I have a feeling you aren't that interested in it :3

Oh no, it's not that I'm not interested! :) just probably won't agree. Haha. But that's okay. And this is your blog so feel free to talk about ANYthing. That's what's great about blogs. It can be whatever you want to talk about! As you can tell we all start rambling now and again :)

Oh yes Chris I remember princess di too! I told my hubby (boyfriend at the time) and all our friends I had heard it on the radio on the drive over...and no one believed me!

Do tell, I´d love to hear the theory, I´m open to anything and i find these things really interesting
Princess Di, I remember getting up and turning on the news and thinking I was still dreaming in bed. That kind of thing that takes a while to sink in.

I don't remember Princess Di at all... Don't think I've even heard of her..
BUT Michael Jackson died on my birthday..

And with the whole Elvis thing, They changed his middle name's spelling from Aaron to Aron on EVERYTHING once Elvis died, even his gravestone was put as that, but my dad has a signed thing from Elvis that definitely said Elvis AARON Presley.. and that's just for starters... There was a woman who had a picture of someone sitting and watching the 'guests' Elvis had at Graceland. And then there's the fact that they don't let you in the upstairs part of Graceland (I've been there a couple times). And then there's the fact that Elvis wasn't placed where he wanted to in the grave site. In fact, he was placed on the opposite side... Idk. My dad wanted the research, I did it for him. I'm starting to forget some of it.

Back