Soooska's Six Amigos 2008

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
As requested here is my new Blog for 2008.

I will give a short introduction to the babies.

Our first baby is Buttercup, we were told he is a Netherland Dwarf. His is 9 1/2 years old. He is truly our heart Bunny. He just loves to be around my hubby and I. He showers us with kisses all the time. He sleeps on the sofa with us. He lives in our family room and is never caged. He doesn't leave the family room. (He doesn't like to step on ceramic tiles).

At the moment he is still having problems with mucous in his stools. He has been on Baytral since Dec 27, 2007. We are going to call the Vet on Monday to chat with her to see what to do next.

DSC01770.jpg

Next is Wilbur and Jackie, they are 4+ years old. We got them at a Pet store after my girlfriend told us about some really cute bunnies there. Chris and I had no intention of ever getting another bunny, but when we saw them at the store we looked at each other and said it's none or it's the 2 of them. They are some kind of lop not sure exactly what kind though. (If someone can help me out please do).

We were told they were both boys so they were named Wilbur & Jack (hubby picked Jack). Well low and behold one evening when Chris was at work Wilbur was getting quite frisky with Jack, it sure didn't look like a dominance (sp?) issue to me. Chris thought the same thing so he separated that night. We took them to the vets to be sexed and low and behold Jack turned into Jackie. After they were both fixed we put them back together and they bonded instantly. They now have their own bedroom and are very happy together.

They are not very lovable to Chris and I but I would not trade them for anything. We both love them so much and get so much joy out of watching them together. They truly are "In Love"

DSC01430.jpg

Dutchess of Ajax"

She is another we got at another pet store, same friend told me about her. So off Chris and I go the store. We fell in love instantly but looked at each other and said we better not. Well I went back 3 times in the next 2 days and just kept looking at her. Finally on the Monday I called Chris and said can we get her, he said yes, but to be honest I would have gotten her anyway.

She is a Single Mane Lionhead, she's about 2 1/2 years old. She' a real love, never kisses, doesn't mind being picked up for short periods. Will play catch with us and will lay down at our feet. She has the most beautiful blue eyes.

Her true love is Mr Tumnus:heartbeat:, so one day they must meet.

Oh yes Daisy Mae is Famous she's on page 83 of Disapproving Rabbits.

DSC00490.jpg

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=14356&forum_id=6

And last but not least is Winston and Vega.

This is quite the story on how they came to live with us. I fell in LOVE with Winston quite a few months ago when Laura "Snuggy's Mom" asked if anyone on the forum wanted to adopt Winston. He ended up going to live with another forum member who lived in the States. (Correct me if I'm wrong I think she lived in Missouri). Well it turned out she had personal issues and had to re-home Winston and his new girlfriend Vega. I was asked if I would like to adopt them, they came as a package deal as they were bonded. (Now to be honest way back I really wanted to get Winston to bond with Daisy Mae.) I told them I had to think about it and discuss it with Chris. Chris really thought Winston was adorable and he really wanted him way back too.

So after a couple of days I told Haley that yes we would take them, the more I saw Vega the more I was getting excited for her to come too. Well many very KIND people from RO helped to get them to us. It was during the summer when all those real bad storms were happening too. Both Chris and I can't say enough about the kindness of all the people who helped get them here. Haley did the last leg of the journey and delivered the two sweethearts to Chris & I.

Well Winston is a little Scardey Cat, he hates to be picked up, he will let you pet him for a couple of seconds. He's not too bad if you can get him on to the bed, he will lay with you. Now Vega she's a real Lovey Dovey,(believe me Chris fell reallyhard for her)she loves to be petted and having her ears scratched. Winston & Vega are truly in Love with each other. They are so cute to watch together, she really watches over him but on the next note she will nip at his little bum when she wants to be kissed.

They live in a huge NIC cage in our bedroom, and believe me they are very noisy some nights.

DSC02456.jpg

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=14356&forum_id=6

So these are the stories of all my Babies. I look forward to sharing many more with all of you.

Susan:apollo:

Awww theyre gorgeous i love daisy mae her fluffy lil head with bow shes adorable, they all are as silvie said more pics please:biggrin2:

That's so neat that Daisy Mae is in the Disapproving Rabbits' book! :) Can you post the picture they used?

I also have to ask how you managed to get the picture where her eyes came out blue?? Did you do something in particular with the camera setting or was it just a fluke? I have girl with beautiful blue eyes and I've never gotten a single picture where they show up blue. They turn out as an eery pink glow :( and using the red eye reducer doesn't work.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I better not tell the babies or they will all get Big Heads with all the compliments.

cmh9023 honestly we just got lucky with the picture of Daisy Mae's blue eyes. Ususally the pictures come out with her having red eye. Maybe 1 out of 100 pictures her blue eyes show.

daiseymae.jpg

This is the picture of Daisy Mae in Disapproving Rabbits.

I'll post more pictures soon.

Hi, since I reintroduced the Bunnies I figured I'd tell you a bit about me for those who don't know me.

My name is Susan, I'm 51 (dear God I think one of the older ones on here, Jim D where are you?) Soooska is kinda like Susie in Ukrainian, I still don't know why my parents called me Susan (not my favorite name) when they could have called me Oksana which is actually Susan in Ukrainian. Does anyone remember Oksana Bioulle (sp?) the skater who won the Gold medal in the Olympics a few years back.

Anyway back to my story. I was a nurse in a former life, then I developed Latex allergies so that kinda killed that carrier. I ended up working at a Sales Agency for Giftware (believe me everyone got great gifts from me LOL). I was a Customer Service Supervisor, I worked there for almost 10 years and then out of the blue 2 of us were laid off because of downsizing. I surely didn't see that coming.

I did some upgrading in Computer courses and was looking for work when low and behold I was in 2 car accidents within 3 weeks of each other in the summer of 2006. I must tell everyone neither accident was my fault. Due to the injuries to my lower back, left hip and knee I have been unable to work. So needless to say I am suing both drivers. I am now in the process of fighting with Insurance companies and their wonderful Lawyers trying to get a settlement.

I am married to Chris for just over 8 years now (yes I was an older bride and yes my first marriage). We have no kids just 6 wonderful Bunnies. I use to golf, ski, ice skate and many other things before the accidents.

I met Crystal (Crystalball) from RO last winter. We really hit it off even though she's younger than I. We get together, do lunch, shop and just chat. She's a lovely young lady I'm really glad that we got to know each other and became friends. And to think it was our little furry babies that brought us together.

Can't think of anything else too exciting to say, but if you have questions just ask.

Susan:)

Oh Soooska I love your buns. You're not that old! And it's not a bad thing anyway. Looking forward to reading more about you.

Awww I'm so touched you mentioned me :) I am so very glad we met. You've become a wonderful friend and it's all thanks to those furry little babies of ours.

Crystal

I was born and raised here in Canada "EH", I had to add that as our American friends say us Canadians say that alot:p. LOL My dad is Ukrainian and my Mom Romanian back ground.

Here's a picture of Daisy Mae, she'll not like that I posted this one. It looks like she has bed head. LOL

DSC02574.jpg

And here are a couple of Chris & Winston.

DSC02803.jpg

DSC02806.jpg

DSC02807.jpg

Gosh, Chris had much more hair when we got married. LOL:p

Enjoy

Here's a few pictures I've taken in the last couple of days.

Daisy Mae after a Hair Brushing.

DSC02829.jpg

DSC02827.jpg

DSC02826.jpg

The Love Bunnies sleeping (please excuse the messy carpet)

DSC02823.jpg

DSC02821.jpg

Winston being Cute

DSC02818.jpg

DSC02816.jpg

The other Love Bunnies

DSC02814.jpg

DSC02812.jpg

Enjoy

DSC02818.jpg

wow, thats so cool that you are Ukranian! I am a little bit also, on my mom's side. We go to a Ukranian-Cathlic (sorry i am not a good speller) church. I am dying to learn Ukranian right now, so i can communicate with the older generation.

Thanks Mike, I LOVE them all so much, they are all so different in personalities.

Hey Swanlake does your Mom cook Ukrainian food?

Latest posts

Back