Snow - Whole country is virtually at a standstill!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ow man. Just looked up the school closures, my school is closed tomorrow, but I have no lessons so I don't have to go in! Typical! Couldn't they have had a snow day today when I did need to go in!!!

Wow! Lots of snow. Here if snow actually sticks on the ground school is canceled, lol. But of course we don't stop anything for a hurricane unless it is at least a cat 4.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Sabine wrote:
Oh, only saw the thread now. Shouldn't have bothered with mine, could have chimed in here:D
I merged it for you :biggrin2:.
Oh thanks,yes that makes more sense. How could I think I was the only person having noticed the snow;)

slavetoabunny wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
Me and mum were at the Bath Therme Spa, swimming in the heated rooftop pool while snow was falling on our heads. That was a fun experience! Although we didn't want to get out and have to walk around in -1*C in just our swimming costumes lol :shock::shock::shock:
When I lived in Colorado, one of our favorite winter activities was sitting in the hot tub while it was snowing. We wore baseball caps to keep the snow out of our faces. You body usually gets heated up enough so that you really don't get cold dashing into the house.
We used to do that too when I was living in Iceland! Snowball fights in the hot tub, yaaaay :biggrin2:.

man it rarely snows in NZ only in teh south island i wished it "dusted" snow here.

send me some snow to nz! it'd be funny if it started snowing in the middle of summer lol.. HOT.. let me turn the AC on..

Prisca x

naturestee wrote:
OMG that's it? That's all the snow you have? :headsmack:craziness

Sorry, it's so easy to laugh at people that aren't used to snow. I wish that was all we had.
I was thinking the same thing! The piles of snow on the sides of the sidewalk are taller than me! I'm 5'3"! Granted, it's from the plow, but it takes a lot of snow to do that!

That dusting of snow that you guys got is perfect to go out and play around in the car. :p I don't recommend it if you aren't good at driving in it... When it snows here, Will and I take the Jeep out and go do some donuts. We do our shopping when it's crappy, too. No lines at the store! ;)

Wow, I can't believe you guys have a standstill for like what, maybe 2 inches?
I mean, we get either late start or snow day for 2 inches if the roads are icy....
We got a foot of snow this year...what you guys have is no where compared to what we got! lol. That's why I was so shocked!
Emily

Outside our house yesterday ...

n652162413_1858334_857.jpg

160 schoolsclosed in Derbyshire at the moment. I set out for work yesterday and was told not to bother as five cars had gone through walls into farmer's fields near where I work. It's always worse there, as I live in a dale and Darwin Forest Country Park, where I work is high on top of a very windey, steep hill!

I might even get another snow day today :pinkbouce:

[ame=http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=53097032413]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=53097032413[/ame] Snow!

irishbunny wrote:
You got snow up in Cork too don't ye, my sister text me awhile ago saying it was snowing.

we had snow... notcie the HAD and the i am typing this in SCHOOL....:grumpy:

rain took away the snow. and im in school. and well. no chance of the school closing to day.....:grumpy:parent teacher meeeting 2day at 4 o clock. when my mum picks me up at half 3 well.... by the time i get home it is 4. so i will be in school.... waitting for the parent teacher meeting to be over.....:grumpy:

Becca wrote:
MY SCHOOLS CLOSED YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky duck. im typing this in school....:grumpy:

Doess anyone wanna come and play in the snow with me? My little sister had to go to school and I'm all alone :( Wanna come sledging and have a snow ball fight :p

kherrmann3 wrote:
perfect to go out and play around in the car
[/quote]

It seriously isn't. I guess our cars aren't right for these kind of conditions. On the news last night they were showing the pictures of people rolling down hills because they couldn't get going on the slush. I saw a lady break at a junction and just keep going into some van. My Grandads jeep had trouble getting up a hill near them, they had to abandon the car and walk home to get the land rover to tow him!

Back