Snow - Whole country is virtually at a standstill!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is SO much snow here!

Well, so much for us anyway. In places in our garden it's about 5 inches, but 3-4 most other places. They didn't grit the main road outside our house so it's like one big sheet of ice, and it took us 25mins to drive the normally 2-minute drive to the vets this morning.

Me and Steve had a snowball fight in the carpark when we went to the greengrocers. I got him square in the face! :biggrin2: He got me on the back of the head :( So I rubbed my hair in his face and got it wet! Snowball fights are fun! Although he did throw one at me IN the car which wasn't nice lol...

The amount of people who haven't gone in to work etc is just ridiculous. All the schools round here appear to be closed. All the vet staff made it in- either by walking or just arriving a bit late because of the traffic. I mean, some of the ungritted roads are bad but me and Steve have been to the vets, Pets at Home, greengrocers on the other side of the city, the Range, AND to get hay, and yeah it wasn't as easy to drive about as normal but it's still possible! I don't understand!

Oh, and I couldn't resist. The bunnies went out in the snow for a play! Only for about 10mins or so, just to see how they reacted. They LOVED it! Binkies left right and centre! I would have bought them in if they'd seemed cold, but they really loved it- Chalk kept sticking her head right in it and digging about.... SO cute! I'll post pics in the main forum later.

Snow days for 3-5 inches only??:shock::disgust:
We never got those when I still lived in Belgium, and it snows just as in-frequently there, if not more!
And of course, in Iceland we called that "a light dusting" LOL

Real snow for the first time in years!!!!The trip from the airport took four hours instead of one and people who had been stuck on the road built huge snowmen all along the road. And it's still snowing. My kids would have loved it but I left them back in Ireland:(

mouse_chalk wrote:
Oh, and I couldn't resist. The bunnies went out in the snow for a play! Only for about 10mins or so, just to see how they reacted. They LOVED it! Binkies left right and centre! I would have bought them in if they'd seemed cold, but they really loved it- Chalk kept sticking her head right in it and digging about.... SO cute! I'll post pics in the main forum later.
:waiting:

Not fair! We didn't get any snow! :( I was hopeful during the week, but it's not going to happen. I really wanted a snow day! I just checked the weather and it's given light snow showers so it won't lie.

Oh well, I am going to New Hampshire in two weeks for skiing so I'll see plenty of snow there! :D

So did anyone else have more snow last night? We had about another 3 inches I'm guessing.... not looked at the news to see exactly how much, but the garden is buried again!

We were supposed to get our new sofa delivered today and the lorry was coming from Wales, but they couldn't get into Bristol because the roads are so bad. They called to say they weren't coming but weren't sure how they would get back to Wales because both of the bridges are closed now!

My mum and dad's road is on a steep hill and cars can't get out- they just roll back down again lol. They had to walk to the supermarket this morning. I said that if they needed anything over the weekend we'd get it or pick them up from the top of the road....

FUN! I LOVE SNOW! :D

smiley.gif

My school is closed AGAIN today :( I want it to be open :(

Yesterday we went past my school to go to panto rehersals and they were clearing the car park which was like 3 inches of snow thick. We guessed that when we came back it would be clear but NOOOOO the whole car park is still covered in snow :O

I mean come on!! That snow is not gonna be gone by tomorrow without the help of people so if no one trys to do it then we'll probably be off tomorrow to!!

Back