Snow - Whole country is virtually at a standstill!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pinksalamander wrote:
Just watched the news, looks like all schools here are going to be closed again - they say the snow will start to go but its the ice that is worse. You should have seen the cars today, they were all rolling backwards down the hill. My Mum can't get to work because she can't drive down our hill (as you can see how steep it is).

Where abouts is that?? In the east please please please please :highfive:

Well, here is our dusting of snow!

Back garden:

IMG_8899.jpg

IMG_8900.jpg

Front of the house:

IMG_8910.jpg

From the front door:

IMG_8908.jpg

That's it! It's still snowing now actually....

YAY!:biggrin2:

snow is startin in derry.... and its a little dusting.. but it will frezze to night and also snow for ireland.. so im hopping that yes we will have a day off...

Becca wrote:
pinksalamander wrote:
Just watched the news, looks like all schools here are going to be closed again - they say the snow will start to go but its the ice that is worse. You should have seen the cars today, they were all rolling backwards down the hill. My Mum can't get to work because she can't drive down our hill (as you can see how steep it is).

Down here, South East. Apparently 100% off schools in Surrey were closed today!

I'm not too bothered, I have no school tomorrow anyway!

pinksalamander wrote:
Becca wrote:
pinksalamander wrote:

Down here, South East. Apparently 100% off schools in Surrey were closed today!

I'm not too bothered, I have no school tomorrow anyway!

Darn :X

I do love how when there's snow, even though it's dark outside, it doesn't seem all that dark because of the snow reflecting so it's still fairly light! :D

mouse_chalk wrote:
Lol! Becca did you still have school today?

Weren't you snowed out a few weeks ago? How come your school is still open now?!

Yeah we did have school today, well we went 15 mins early to go home becuase the buses came earlier. We weren't snowed out last time what happened was the heating broke and everyone was freezing and couldn't feel our feet LOL so the headteacher had no choice but to send us home.

I'm hoping it will be closed tomorrow though *Fingers Crossed* :bunnydance:

Becca wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
Lol! Becca did you still have school today?

Weren't you snowed out a few weeks ago? How come your school is still open now?!

Yeah we did have school today, well we went 15 mins early to go home becuase the buses came earlier. We weren't snowed out last time what happened was the heating broke and everyone was freezing and couldn't feel our feet LOL so the headteacher had no choice but to send us home.

I'm hoping it will be closed tomorrow though *Fingers Crossed* :bunnydance:

Aah yeah I remember now!

When I was at school the heating broke, and they just told us to keep our coats on during the lesson. Yeah, very practical to write with a hat, scarf and big huge coat on lol!

Oh no, I'm just watching the News. Looks like Britain has come to a standstill with the latest snowfalls. I am planning to travel on thursday... getting somewhat worried:(

I have an uni interview in Manchester on Thursday and am planning to go by train.

I'm ringing up tomorrow to see what they say.

I could seriously do with another week to sort myself out for it too!

It's not staying on the ground though. I have only half of my students turning up for classes. The Uk is really snowed in and loads of flights are being cancelled

Sabine wrote:
It's not staying on the ground though. I have only half of my students turning up for classes. The Uk is really snowed in and loads of flights are being cancelled
One of my friends living in England said the snow was kinda slushy like.

Oh, only saw the thread now. Shouldn't have bothered with mine, could have chimed in here:D

Back