Scone MacBunny -- 2008

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Scone starts to feel better. Was he mad at you for cutting back on his treats? I know that I'd definately get an attitude from Sparky and Scooter. I really should make their diet a little healthier now that they are 5 years old.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Was he mad at you for cutting back on his treats? I know that I'd definately get an attitude from Sparky and Scooter.

I kind of cheated a little on that - when he runs to the dishwasher for a treat, I fake him out by shaking the treats box and tearing off a little piece of kale for him to nibble. So far, he hasn't caught on.

MikeScone wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
Was he mad at you for cutting back on his treats? I know that I'd definately get an attitude from Sparky and Scooter.
I kind of cheated a little on that - when he runs to the dishwasher for a treat, I fake him out by shaking the treats box and tearing off a little piece of kale for him to nibble. So far, he hasn't caught on.
Haha! Genius! It's up there in the "sneaky pet parents" section! It's probably right next to hiding dog pills in peanut butter! :p

Love it!

MikeScone wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:

Scone has been good lately. He inhales his greens morning and evening, and seems not to miss the pellets or fruit treats (he still begs, but seems satisfied with a little piece of kale instead of a craisin or banana chip). He's been eating hay like it's going to be discontinued any day. He's active and won't let me out of his sight when I'm home.

I'm trying not to overanalyze things and look for problems. He hasn't had any times in the last week or so when he wouldn't eat, so maybe things are back on track.

Hey Micke glad to hear Scone is feeling better. It must be all the TLC you are giving him.

BTW Scone has to be one of the best looking Bunnies on this forum.:heartbeat:

Susan:bunny18:blueribbon:

Over the last two weeks Scone has turned completely around. He's back to his usual bright and frisky self, and has even been more affectionate than usual. Jerry and Barbara and Caitlyn were over for Thanksgiving dinner, and they all remarked on how much Scone was interacting with them. He's even started sleeping on the foot of my bed (well, I say "started" - I'm a heavy sleeper, so for all I know he's done that for years, and I only started to notice it this week).

We had the return visit this afternoon, and the vet said the mass, whatever it was, is gone. Scone's gained back a quarter pound (he's at just about exactly five pounds) and the vet was very happy at his condition. She said I could give him a little pellets with his breakfast, just to make sure he's getting the nutrients he needs, and to keep the sweet treats to an absolute minimum.

So, back to normal. *Whew*

I am soooo glad that Scone is back to normal. I was so worried for him. I keep warning Pat to cut back on treats for Sparky and Scooter now that they are getting older. They are five years old now. Their digestive systems can't handle the same stuff as when they were young (I notice the same thing with myself, lol).

Awww Scone is the sweetest boy! I'm so glad he's doing better.

It sounds like he likes being near you - I'd love if Bo could be free all the time. He would too - but he would pee on everything! :?

slavetoabunny wrote:
I keep warning Pat to cut back on treats for Sparky and Scooter now that they are getting older. They are five years old now. Their digestive systems can't handle the same stuff as when they were young (I notice the same thing with myself, lol).

I suspect that's a big part of it. Scone will be six in February, and if I'm honest I'd have to say I'd been giving him more craisins and banana chips lately since he started going over to the dishwasher, standing on his hind legs and begging. I couldn't resist. However, it'll be kale and parsley treats from now on (OK, mostly...)

I wondered how Scone would do spending the whole day at the office. I was especially wondering if he'd realize he was meant to use the bottom of his travel cage as a litter box. Every other time he's been in the office he's either only been there for a short visit, or was too sick to leave his cage.

No worries - he was perfect. Got the litter box idea right off the bat, and just chewed on the boxes and paper I left out for him. Everyone made a real fuss over him. I met with some clients, and he just lay down next to me and napped. When we were alone he investigated every square inch of my office, and stood up at the door to watch people pass by.

He did figure out he could nose open my office door at one point, and went off to see who he could meet while I was on the phone. We've got a whole floor of an old bank building, and it's much more room than he's ever had to explore in his life. I found him all the way across the office, visiting with one of my associates. We had a session of "chase the bunny around the office", which he enjoyed greatly, until I finally said, "treat, Scone" and he ran ahead of me back into my office and sat expectantly by his dish for some kale.

How awesome to have him as an office visitor. :) I think Elf is a bit too old to come visiting my 3rd grade classroom. All the excitement might push her kindness over the edge. :)

Glad he's feeling better, too!

It sounds as though Scone would like to become an office regular. I'm sure you can find something way to put him on the payroll. I would have loved to see everyone play chase the bunny.

I'm glad Scone is feeling better! He's too handsome to be sick. Do you have any new pictures of him?

SnowyShiloh wrote:
I'm glad Scone is feeling better! He's too handsome to be sick. Do you have any new pictures of him?

I took some tonight. Here he is, snarfing down his Peter's Meadow Mix and Oxbow Botanical Hay in his basket:

Scone9559.jpg

Scone9557.jpg

Scone does love his hay!

He is such a gorgeous boy! I love the color of his fur. I got the idea for one of my bunny's names from Scone MacBunny. Phoebe Mae's last name is MacBinki! Hope you don't mind :)

Back