Scone MacBunny -- 2008

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some new pictures of Scone for early June...

He's decided the old recliner is just the right place to relax...

scone6186.jpg

scone6174.jpg

scone6172.jpg

Of course, he's also decided the fabric's a bit fun to tear at, which is another thing entirely...

Scone in a thoughtful mood:
scone6185.jpg

"Gee, Dad, what would happen if I pull on this?"
scone6179.jpg

"Oh, all the tapes fall down in a big heap... sorry, Dad..."
scone6178.jpg

"Hmmm... interesting... eighteenth century American, perhaps? Did you have any idea what this might be worth... before I knocked it off the wall?"
scone0186.jpg

I just "met" Scone and am definetly quite in love with him - :inlove:.. I love that it looks like he is either wearing a white bow tie or a white collared shirt (so he is obviously more white collar than a blue collar worker - lol). Very distinguished gentleman I must say!

Here’s a few pictures of Scone to start July with:
“Hi, Dad! See me on the chair? Huh?”
scone6378.jpg

“Broccoli for my snack tonight – yumm!”
scone6384.jpg

Relaxing in his cage...
scone6358.jpg

“I’m hiding under the wood stove. You can’t see me…”
scone6381.jpg

“Enough. I’m tired. But I'm still listening to you...”
scone6375.jpg

Gosh Scone is such a HANDSOME Bunny.

You take such great pictures of him.

I always look forward to seeing his pictures.

Susan:)

Oh look at Scone! He's so adorable!

What's with the "wood stove" thing? mine do that all the time! LOL!

"What's with the "wood stove" thing? mine do that all the time! LOL!"

I think Scone likes the cool brick to lie on on a hot day.

I missed so many Scone pictures! He is such an adorable little man. He looks like he hasthe typical minirex "attitude"and look of disapproval on his face.

Hes just so handsome. I love this one:

scone4836.jpg

:biggrin2:

Hi Mike!! I'm glad to be able to still keep in touch with you here on RO! AND see pics of handsome Scone, the best bunny bachelor in the world! <3

EmilytheStrange wrote:
... handsome Scone, the best bunny bachelor in the world! <3
I'd tell him that, but he's got attitude enough already. I tell him he's the best bunny in this house, and that's always satisfied him.

I just got back from three weeks in Scotland with the Scouts. Caitlyn and her mother were taking care of Scone while I was gone (his usual bunny-sitter, Casondra, has married my son Joe and they're both at Ft. Bragg, NC, so both of his favorite caretakers are unavailable... drat).

Anyway, when I got home, he was behaving very oddly. I expected him to be sort of standoffish for a while - he always lets me know his displeasure when I'm away for more than a day or two - but it was more than that. He hid under my bed most of the time, and had to be coaxed out for a treat. He didn't seem as "up" as usual, and his fur seemed somewhat unkempt. Barbara (Caitlyn's mom) said he'd been that way for some time, although he would eat everything she left for him by the time she came back.

I think that with different caretakers with different work schedules and whatnot, his normal routine had been disrupted, and he wasn't adapting very well to the change. He was just a bit depressed.

I stayed home on Wednesday, my first day back, to decompress and unjetlag a bit before I went into the office. I had to coax Scone out from under the bed for breakfast, but by mid-day he came into the back room and, with a great sigh, lay down next to me at the computer. I think he'd finally decided "Dad's back". By dinner time he had done his circle dance around my feet, and he hopped into bed that night for petting. Thursday morning he woke me up, and I could tell we were back on the road to normality. I noticed this morning he'd been grooming himself carefully, and his coat was back to its normal sleekness.

All's well with at least one rabbit's world, again...

Here are a few mid-August Scone pictures:
Scone in his chair:
scone9255.jpg

Deep in thought…
scone9252.jpg

Broccoli, and hand-fed by Dad – yummy!
scone9258.jpg

Scone’s recently developed these marks in his fur on both cheeks – I’m not sure what to make of them.
scone9253.jpg

Wow, amazing how fast he bounced back for Dad, in just one day!!! Dads rock :dude:
What great Scone pics, he definitely looks like his ole relaxed self and very glad to be getting a special treat from his slave.
I can't wait to see the Scotland pics. How was the weather there?

Back