Really Scared for Abby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:groupparty::groupparty::groupparty:

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

:clap:Yay Abby, Don't scare us again little girl. MommieAngel, Mommie Jen and Daddy DJ is so proud of you baby. Now stay outtatrouble and have fun. We love you baby.

Mommie Angel and SweetPea

cirrustwi wrote:
I have a question though: She had some simethicone today and some tetracycline, but how long should I continue giving her those?

Jen

That's wonderful news! I would stop giving the tetracyclineand simethicone. If you have Nutri Cal, keep that up for afew more days.

Pam

w00000000h00000000!!!! So glad to hear she's eating!!

Ok Jen, I beat myself up for weeks over not catching Corkys sore beforeit got to the point it did...it does NO good to do that toyourself..for you OR the bunny..(Abby in this case)..what truly mattersis you stepped up and went above and beyond to take care ofher when she needed you most. You had taken precautions to make suresomething like that didn't happen, but sometimes the lil stinkersoutsmart us!! So stop beating yourself up and pat yourself on the backfor a very wonderful job of pulling her thru this!

Abby is doing great! She ate all herpellets today and some hay. She also finally drank about 4 ozof water. She hadn't really drank anything on herown. She still hasn't forgiven me, but I think that may takesome time. She's pretty mad! :mad:

Jen

She will forgive you!! How could she not!

Glad to hear things are looking up for you!

:purplepansy::rainbow:

She doesn't hate you! She just doesn't want youforcing her to do anything she doesn't want to do anymore. Often times,when the dust is settled with such things, the bond between you isstronger.

I'm glad you're able to get back to your normal routine and can get some much-needed sleep.

:sleep: Rest now. You've both earned it.

-Carolyn

Hi Jen !

Im so glad that things are slowly getting back to normal with Abby.

I know she will forgive you. I agree with what Carolyn said, aftergoing through this with her, the bond will be stronger. Its always theway after nursing a bun back to health, you tend to have a more specialbond.

Anyways, keep it up, your doing a great job.

11_8_14.gif

So glad to hear everything is betternow. Nothing worse when the bunny is not well, cuz they can'ttell you what is wrong. You always feel like your pulling atstraws.

Susan

So glad to hear it Jen, you've had one heck of aweek!! As others have stated, yes you'll most likely have a muchstronger bond with Abby now..I know I sure do with Corky...we wereclose anyway...but the bond is like 1000x stronger since he got sickand I nursed him for so long!!!

Great job on your care for Abby!

I just wanted to add my 2 cents in and say thateveryone is right about the bond getting stronger after nursing arabbit back to good health. Vash and I have a much strongerbond today due in part to the time and effort spent in nursing him backto health and sleeping beside his cage when he was sick.

It's so funny. Today I was havinglunch with a friend and we were talking about all ouranimals. She was with me with me with I rescued Daisy and shewas saying that Daisy is her favorite of my buns. She saidshe didn't know if it was because she was first or because she has sucha funny personality or because she's so cute. LOLShe asked if I had a favorite and I said that I love them all fordifferent reasons and that I know I have a great bond with the 3Flemish just because of their personalities, but I said that I now havethis crazy attachment to Abby. I called my Mom 3 times todaywhile I was out, just for the day, to check on my girl.

Jen

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I have different reasons foreach one that we have and had. Abby is my favorite because she is goofyand has to have her teddy bear. Thumper I like because she loves tothump and has major teenager tude when I clean her cage out. SweetPea Ilove about her is she is very adventorus, has to run around the housewithout being petted, but loves to be petted when she is in her pen. Atthe time when we had to rehome our 2 buns I would have kept Abby overThumper because of her sweet baby personality and has to have her teddybear.

How is Abby today and her bunnytude.

Latest posts

Back