"Peg's Place" - the Adventures & Misadventures of all the buns here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea why some of these bunnies are so smart - I wish they weren't quite so smart sometimes.

I didn't want to bump Tiny's RB thread - but I'm just having a really rough day today and missing him a lot. Whenever I'm not feeling the best physically - I find myself wishing he was here to snuggle with. Some days I'm ok - others - not so good.

I think I'm going to go and play with some bunnies or something or snuggle with Minnie while I read some more of my book. Yeah..that's a good idea - snuggle with the former "Doe from Hades" while I read...and trust her to not give me another ear piercing.

Last night she was almost back to her old angry nature...I think it was because I didn't snuggle with her for like 36 hours and she was upset. I don't know...I'm probably being crazy. But there are so many buns that need my time and attention and I'm going to have to be doing a lot of grooming now 'cause they're starting to shed now that our temps are in the 80's (86 an hour ago) vs. 100 and above.

Oh - Isenstar is eating again..mostly. She's not eating quite as much as usual - but she will scarf up her craisins if I put some out....

...which reminds me - I promised Audrey craisins if she kept the girls out of the boys' pens while I was gone...I better pay up on that. Audrey "rules" the office and Miss Bea rules the bedroom and Tibba rules the garage.

...which reminds me- Miss Bea came up on the bed this morning for pets. She doesn't do that often - but when she does - it is so nice!

Oh well - off to snuggle with a bunny.

Peg, I'm really pleased that you combined your blogs. I have just caught up on them and enjoyed it very much. I was just wondering the other day when you would be getting Ori - he sounds such a character, I think you're going to have your hands full there :D

I know what you mean about wanting to snuggle Tiny when you are having a bad day - I feel like that about Pernod :(

Jan

Peg was suppossed to be getting Ori next weekend I think..

But with the Fair getting scrapped and the work we're all scrambling to do to put on a relief show, it looks like Lisa and I will be leaving before dawn one day during the week, letting Squidz take the runts to school.. and making a day trip down to see Peg..

Ori needs to go.. I was just telling her last night on the phone how the Fed Ex lady tried her darndest to get Squidz to give her *the beautiful pretty white bunny*

Ori was relaxing on the front porch while we cleaned from the storm.. she arrived to deliver some meds.. and Ori marched on over to her to love her shoes..she was totally enchanted with him, and he even let her pick him up and he head butted her..

Peg is going to love him.. will make days she's missing Tiny a bit easier to deal with I think..

Z

LuvaBun wrote:
OMG - he sounds so sweet. I am suprised the Fed Ex lady didn't stick him in a box and mail him to herself :p

Jan
Actually - he probably would've been happy to ride along in the truck as her companion....of course - he might of been checking all the boxes for craisins and such..

Well - I took a nap this afternoon and then was reading when Zin called...and she had the sad news that Gabby passed away. Rusty did a necropsy and there were tumors in her uterus. I'm sure there were probably no signs of any problems - as Rusty is a vet and I consider Zin a "rabbit whisperer" as she's so sensitive to the bunnies.

I don't think its hit me yet - it started to hit me when I did her Rainbow Bridge thread and I was trying to figure out what pictures to share...

...but in my heart - she had become Zin's because I knew Zin loved her and I knew Gabby was happy at Zin's.

So RIP dear Gabby - talk up a storm to Tiny and all the others....and know that while you're gone - you're not forgotten. By the way sweetie - New Hope is a great snuggler and he loves the girls....

DSCN3148.jpg

I think that photo is from the day I got her..

Wow....Gabby's death is hitting me harder than I thought...I think its cause I started to look through my pictures and realized how few I had of her.

These pictures though are ones that make me smile - yeah - they're old. Yeah - they're of Tiny.

But I can look at them now and only tear up - versus bawl like a baby...

"This is serve yourself...right?" (actually - this was the "topper" I put on their regular food - about 1 tsp over their normal food)
bunnies062-1.jpg

"I told you GingerSpice....its time we move in together." "But Tiny - did we have to pick MY cage? Yours is so much bigger.."
tinyandgingerinhercage002.jpg

"I don't care if those hormones have hit - you're NOT fighting while I'm around."
bunnies076-1.jpg

"I can haz potato chipz...."
IcanhaspotatochipsJuly122008.jpg

Ok - so I have to add some "Zeusy" pictures...

With election day coming...
ZeusatMagicHappens3-1.jpg

He's even willing to cross the borders with other species to get things done:
DSCN3433.jpg

He plans to keep his VP closeby but still be the boss..
DSCN3877-1.jpg

He really has tried to do fundraising for his campaign ads:
Zeus2008StPatsContestEntry.jpg

But his former mate would not share what she found:
DSCN2790MissBeasContestEntry-1.jpg

However - for some reason - he seems to be ducking the reporters - here is what he was seen doing when a reporter questioned his "A carrot in every food bowl" promise:
DSCN2271-1.jpg

Ok - I HAVE to put some Ori pictures even if they're old Ori pictures.

I look at them and want to break out into song of "Some day my Prince will come..."

DSC_0019-1-1.jpg

DSC_0058-1.jpg

DSC_0056-1.jpg

DSC_0034-1.jpg

DSC_0020-1.jpg

Ohhhhh My ZEUSY!!! he's so adorable!

and POOR GRACIE! I just watched the video of the babies eating LOL!

I'm really missing Tiny so much - so for now - I'm changing my signature picture - but I want a place to store the old one.

Old:
CollageMugFlemishOne.jpg

New:
t_4056489-1.jpg

This is just for my reference...I'd like to save my various signatures here as I change them...

I just have to share about Lambykins....dear sweet Lambykins. She has started something new - now when I leave the room - she heads for MY chair at the desk and sits there until I come back. Then I have to PICK HER UP and move her...she won't get down unless I make her move.

Oh well....

aww how adorable!! somebunny love you peg!:hearts

I'm so excited that I just HAVE to share this...

I mentioned in my old blog I think - Wedge had an abcess under his jaw - it was not attached to his jaw and would move around. It was...pea size - I think smaller really.

I was checking him over today - he's been getting the Pen G shots - and it is almost all gone!!! I'm so psyched. I think it will be gone in a couple of days for sure - the only reason I could feel it is that I was looking for it and not willing to give up on looking for it till I was convinced it was gone. But it is teeny tiny now....

Oh - I think I've shared all this - but Isenstar is eating again - and Minnie has her grumpy days..but she's been snuggling with me this evening and she will be at the end of the bed - see me - and come running up to snuggle next to my shoulder where she'll lay with her eyes closed and almost a sigh of contentment while I give her ear rubs.

Then she'll back away and look at me and I'll be like, "don't bite me baby..". I can still see the aggression and wildness in her eyes at times.

Anyway - that's it for now - I mainly had to share about Wedge.

Well...here are some photos of Miss Lambykins who is clearly put out at me 'cause I'm sitting in HER chair - so she has to take the next best higher than the floor padded sitting spot....(my purse that the girls ruined - which is in the trash).

DSCN5051.jpg

DSCN5052.jpg

I wish the photos came out better - but oh well....

One of these days I expect I'll come in to find the girls have moved my chair to a NIC pen or something...

I'm in the process of uploading photos - I took videos and pictures of Wedge, Miss Minnie and Jenny - someone most of you might not know about or remember....

Should be interesting..

One day in July 2005, Eric & I went to the old feed store. It was hot and humid....and there were two rabbits there that Eric & I both worried about...we didn't think they'd make it through the day. Mind you - here where we live - it can get to over 110 degrees -and be humid - and the feed store was in a metal building.

We didn't know what these two bunnies were - but we thought *maybe* they were flemish. (We were wrong).

So we bought them - in order to save their lives. Eric told me that if I didn't do it - I'd always regret it and wonder about them....and he was SO right.

Here is Jenny the day we bought them.

July2005bunnies001.jpg

July2005bunnies002.jpg

Jenny and her sister
JeanandJenny009.jpg

Jenny as she got older
c390e7ab.jpg

I let a gal in the Houston area adopt Jean...(we took them to a show in Seguin to see if we could rehome them later that year if I remember right)....then realized - I just couldn't let Jenny go. So she still lives with us.

Jenny bred w/ Puck (I didn't have a lop doe at the time and we had requests for lops) and we got Puckenny...along with some others.

Jenny and Puck had a special relationship -they really seemed to care about each other. He would be playing in the living room and he'd run for about 20 minutes - and then he'd go lay down by her cage (which was floor level) and nuzzle her through the bars.

When he first came down with Wry neck - he collapsed by her cage....and she tried desperately to get out and be with him.

Later on - as he was starting to get better - but getting discouraged so easily - we decided to allow Jenny to live with him in our bedroom. She snuggled in his box with him and stayed with him for well over a month. When he was discouraged - she'd be by his side grooming him. I honestly believe she gave him the will to live on....and I told Art that if it meant he got healthy and she got pregnant - it was well worth the risk.

One day she growled at me....so I caged her. Sure enough... about 2 1/2 weeks later - along came the babies. She was so proud of them - and Puck was now healthy enough to run around her cage again and nuzzle with her through the bars.

The babies have long since been adopted....(Amy may remember Jenson)...Puckenny shocked us by passing away suddenly a few months ago . She looked like her daddy in coloring - but had Jenny's body size (yet her daddy's ears).

But Jenny is still here...and today - we spent some time together on the bed for a photo shoot...
DSCN5099.jpg

DSCN5105.jpg

DSCN5112.jpg

DSCN5104.jpg

DSCN5107.jpg

Minnie Pearl's story is sort of special to me. I bought her for all the wrong reasons - was scared of her - and yet my fear of losing her made me overcome some of my fears - and then - fell in love with her.

Minnie has the nickname of "Doe from Hades" or "That Doe from Hell" because she was not only cage aggressive but aggressive. She'd kick, bite, and do anything she could to tear you up if you picked her up or moved her. Open her cage and she might charge you.

Last year she became ill and one day she was really REALLY bad. Art wasn't due hom for several hours and in talking to a friend (Randy - ra7751 on the forum)- I realized she needed sub-q fluids. I had them - but Art always gave them.

I think I was all alone at the time - I prepared the shot - used a towel to catch her - and gave her a shot. Poor thing - she was so sick - she couldn't even fight me.

A couple of hours later - I gave her more sub-q fluids.

Honestly - she was barely moving - she was so dehydrated and ill. I didn't think she'd make it till Art got him.

When I went to give her the third shot - she bit me. HARD. Once I got the shot in her - she got on the floor and hid from me - flicking me off the whole way to the hidey spot.

A couple of weeks ago - she got moved to the bedroom...where we learned in the process of moving her - that she'd become a bit of a snuggle bun...most of the time.

Here she is today - playing on the bed. The videos I'll upload later....I'm about to go in Lord of the Rings Online (LoTRO) to spend time with Art & Eric & Robin as a family.

But for now...here are the pictures..

DSCN5078.jpg

DSCN5083.jpg

DSCN5080.jpg

DSCN5077.jpg

Her eye looks bad - it gets a bit crusty sometimes and I have to take a damp cloth to it....

Latest posts

Back