"Peg's Place" - the Adventures & Misadventures of all the buns here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I've decided to go ahead and combine my blog(s) together so that maybe I will write in them more often ( ha ha ha - oh well) and it will be easier to keep them together.

Here are my older blogs (some of them) ...

Lionhead Lounge:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=31579&forum_id=6

Zeus and his does:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=32883&forum_id=6

Ori (whose name will be added up above once we have him!):
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=38192&forum_id=6

Gracie's Beautiful Babies:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=36963&forum_id=6

Tio's Tales:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=36286&forum_id=6

California Dreamin:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=34796&forum_id=6

WOW...and of course - even though its now closed - for those who don't know - or want to remember about him...the blog that started it all (the blogging) for me..

Tiny's & Puck's Tall Texan Tales (& Tails):
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11397&forum_id=28

[line]
As I posted last night - Isenstar is not eating right now. Well - she did eat the banana baby food/pumpkin I got in her - then she ate a cheerio - threw another cheerio at me (very deliberately) and then later munched on a bit of banana. Today she's a total grump - she won't eat the banana I gave her today - when I give her supper tonight if she doesn't eat it - then yes, I will force feed her a bit again.

Y'all may remember I was also talking about Minnie Pearl - the doe from Hades or Hell. Remember how vicious she always was - and how I was afraid of her?

Well - the bad news is her head tilt has made her start to roll again a bit - the good news is - last night she slept in my arms for about 4 hours. I'm not sure exact how long she slept there because when I woke up around 4 am she was wandering around down by my feet....but she snuggled into me when I went to bed and just tooth purred for about half an hour while I petted her.

Now mind you - when I pick her up - she still freaks out a bit.

But I'm in shock. I didn't lose my ear - I didn't get bit on the shoulder - she didn't even pee on the towel, etc.

In fact, Art said she didn't even bother him while he slept...and I don't think my sleeping mask for my cpap machine bothered her either (nothing quite like sleeping with Darth Mommy to scare a bunny).

Yesterday (I think it was yesterday) I took some pictures of Zeus and his girls. I need to get them uploaded to my machine and put them in here. Zeus is his normal handsome self. He shocked me though- he let me reach down and pet him.

Has someone been putting "be nice to mommy pills" in our water system? What is it with the rabbits? Its like suddenly someone pushed their affection button and they are letting me pay more attention to them.

Oh - I have to share about Dallas and Austin. I think I'm in love with these two Cali boys....

For those who may not know - I originally started out rescuing two Calis - we named them George and Gracie and they are brother/sister. Then this spring Gabby was in the feed store - and I rescued her too.

July 4th - George and Gabby went to Zin's place (GoingBacktoCali) for her breeding program. This was to help Zin we hoped - but also to help us - since our a/c had gone out - so by moving some rabbits out of the office - other rabbits were able to move from the hot garage into air conditioning and not have issues with heat stroke, etc.

Well - I suspect Zin has fallen in love w/ both of them - I know she loves Gabby and George - bless his heart - turns out to have molar spurs. What better place to live - than with a vet.

So George and Gabby are staying with Zin.

Gracie (who broke into George's cage - got pregnant and had babies) is staying here. So are her babies...the boys are Dallas and Austin and the girls are Augusta (who is the largest girl), Madison & Mercedes. All of the Calis are named for towns here in Texas.

So back to Dallas and Austin. Have you seen Meerkat Manor at all - how the meerkats will stand up on their hind legs and look around?

I swear that Dallas and Austin are part meerkat. Honest. Everytime they hear a noise (or want to hear a noise?) they do that. At suppertime- they practically stand up and do that to beg for their supper.

These two guys just make me laugh. Plus they love to flirt....

The girls are so cute too. Frequently they are together as a trio...sometimes only two of them will be together. They have an "L" shaped pen...and one of them (I'm not sure who) likes to do the Bunny 500 sometimes - and the other morning she ran smack into the end of the pen. She sort of shook her head -looked at me as I laughed...and took off running again.

I forget - did I talk about Audrey this week too? She's been a little pest for a couple of days - she's one of my lionhead does. But yesterday and today - she's been a sweetheart. Sorta scary...what is she planning now? Know what I mean? The really scary part is that Bandita - who is normally well behaved - has been investigating things and I think she's gonna take a turn at being the "office hellion".

Oh well - all I can say is these guys and gals add so much love, laughter and even heartbreak to my life. They've taught me so much about myself - about learning to let go and take risks (in spite of the fear of losing them or suffering pain).

I hope you enjoy this new blog. I don't know that I'll write in it every day - I may try to write in it a few times per week. I'm hoping to take photos at least 2-3 times per week and post them here.

And with that - I'm off here to watch the last four episodes of season one of Chicago Hope on hulu.com. I sure wish I could find that show on dvd....I've seen a few episodes on tv in the past - but I'd really like to watch the whole series from the beginning to the ending.

Hopefully pictures soon - even of Miss Minnie Pearl - my snugglebunny...what a shocker.

oh - and as a PS - I forgot to make the bed this morning - so Miss Bea left me "presents" right under my pillow. I think she gets really unhappy when I sleep with another bunny in my arms - even though SHE doesn't want to sleep in my arms. I need to take more pictures of her soon too...

lol on the cali girl running into the pen! once when we were trying to corall shadow in our sunroom, we shut the glass door and she went to leave the room and BAM, she ran smack into the door!

i am glad to hear that everyone is doing well.

oh, my foster quetip does the meerkat thingie too, cracks me up

I enjoyed reading this!!!

George is good...bit of head tilt..and eye clicking.. but we've got that undercontrol..

First bun I had since forever with head tilt..

Post some pics dangit!!

While the pictures of Zeus and the girls upload onto photobucket....here is something to keep y'all happy...some current pictures and some older ones for comparision...

Look at how big my girls have gotten! The one w/ the big butt (on the right in the top picture) is Augusta. The other two - I have to figure out who is Madison and who is Mercedes....

DSCN4884-1.jpg

Probably 90% of the time - the girls are cuddled together like this. The only time they're not is when one of the girls is sitting off by herself staring into space (I swear she's thinking about mischief somehow..) or when one of them is doing the bunny 500. Otherwise...they're usually all three like this...
DSCN4886.jpg

I don't remember if I ever shared this video or not - I thought it was hilarious...

Look at how small they WERE...
Testingcamerasomemore007-1.jpg

Testingcamerasomemore009-1.jpg

CopyofGraciesBabiesJuly122008015.jpg

No pics of Dallas and Austin (yet).....but Austin is becoming my favorite (I think) - although Dallas WAS sorta my favorite of the two. But Austin is coming out of his shell more now and being a goof...

Anyone who is familiar with the original Star Trek series - may remember an episode called "Mudd's Women" - sometimes I watch Tibba with Zeus and remember that episode (hazily) - about how the women bossed Mudd around at the end of the show. It makes me want to say that Zeus' name is Mudd..

Then there was an episode of Babylon 5 where one of the main characters - Lando - was going to get to divorce all of his wives but one as a "gift" from the Emperor for a special occassion. Some of his wives tried to "please him" and were sweet as honey. (One of them tried to kill him).

But one woman - continued to be her normal harranguing (sp?) self. She wasn't going to change for him...and of course - she is the one he wound up choosing to keep - because with her - he always knew where he stood.

Tibba reminds me of that woman (I was going to say "that doe"). Bossy...ornery...feisty. Zeus wants to look at another doe? Not hardly...

So everytime I blog about Zeus - I almost want to title it "Zeus' Women" or "The One He Wished Would Get Away" or something - except for the fact he seems to love her so much.

HOW can he love such a difficult doe? Then again - Tiny loved Miss Bea dearly...and she was certainly difficult.

Must be a flemish thing...wait...I can be difficult...does that mean Art is part flemish too?

Anyway...enough rambling...

Leona very much disapproves of the camera and the flashes
DSCN4903-1.jpg

Zeus says "this camera turns my eyes red"
DSCN4910-1.jpg

A pretty decent pose...not the best - but oh well....
DSCN4912-1.jpg

Leona insisted on a better picture if she had to be in this post..
DSCN4916-1.jpg

Splash was willing to take time to pose...
DSCN4918-1.jpg

But she wasn't sure what was her best side or if she should look directly into the camera...
DSCN4921-1.jpg

I don't know why I like this one so darn much - I guess cause its a different perspective as I'm looking down at the bunnies as they're almost by my feet. Splash is hoping to steal some time with Zeus (or his banana - not sure which)
DSCN4932-1.jpg

Splash wants to talk to Zeus about Tibba's treatment of her
DSCN4941-1.jpg

Zeus has to think about it...
DSCN4942-1.jpg

In the end...Tibba wins out...
DSCN4956-1.jpg

and Leona STILL disapproves...so leave her alone so she can have the banana peel...
DSCN4960-1.jpg

And before I head to bed - a couple of short updates...

Isenstar is eating some hay and she ate the cheerioes that were in her supper (just a couple) and some of her pellets too. I've marked her water bottle to make sure she's still drinking ok. She got her Pen G shot tonight and was not happy with me at all...but it is to keep her from getting sick since she got mites way down in her ear and then had an infection going....

Miss Minnie is most definitely becoming a snuggle bunny. She got her shot and then slept on the bed with Robin & I there treating other bunnies. She gave me tooth purrs and only got upset when I put her back in her pen. I'm seriously considering holding her again tonight in my arms when I go to sleep....we shall see.

Sir Wedge is not doing overly great....when we're around. But when he thinks we're not there - he is continuing to sit up and groom himself. He had almost 1/2 jar of baby food tonight (he has to put some weight on) and he dug into his pellets at supper time like he was really excited about eating. Since he still rolls sometimes - he's sleeping in a basket/box tonight in his pen. Now let's hope that Hepburn and Hefty will let him sleep....

Some of you may remember me talking about Harry - my "stud muffin" bunny when I first started breeding. He's been really really depressed - even though he was in a nice big cage...so I moved him into a smaller cage in the office - but on the floor where he can see the girls. (He also has a lock on his door so they can't open it). It seems to have really helped him....he's much less depressed.

Oh - and for those who rememgber Ziggy -he's moved into Robin's room. Half of the time Hope has free roam of her room - with Ziggy in a cage - and half the time Ziggy has free roam with Hope in the cage. Today was Hope's first day in the cage....can anyone guess how he felt about it?

I guess that's pretty much it on life here today....

JadeIcing wrote:
I like Leona. Could it be possible to see my Ziggy?

Oh my....yes....of course.

If I don't get pictures of him today - I'll try to do it this weekend. He's um...really special.

He is extremely friendly and loves to be petted when he's getting his supper. I think he's one that is like, "Supper? Nice...but can I get pets please???"

Robin was telling me that of all the rabbits she feeds - he's her favorite...which really says a lot. She had Hope in her room (that's a long story but it wasn't so much by her choice) but she wanted to move Ziggy in for a while and we finally figured out a plan to do so.

So I'll definitely get pics of Ziggy....

By the way Ali - there really and truly is no sign that he once had head tilt for a few days - unless maybe he's really tired or something. But I was looking at him the other day and he looks totally normal!

For Ali...

DSCN4961-1.jpg

DSCN4971-1.jpg

DSCN4982-1.jpg

DSCN4983-1.jpg

DSCN4996-1.jpg

DSCN4998-1.jpg

He was VERY VERY grumpy and would not work with me on photos at all - he'd been locked up so that Hope could have playtime in the bedroom and while he was happy to be out of the cage - he didn't want to be anywhere close to us if it meant he could be caught..

I'm off to go read another book and snuggle with Minnie...yep..that's right. She laid on the bed with me earlier for about an hour while I read a book - I was rubbing her ears and she fell asleep next to me...

If you'd told me even 2 months ago that she would turn out to be a snuggler -I'd have died laughing...now? I love snuggling next to her. (I didn't have her sleep in my arms last night and a couple of times I looked down to her pen to see her staring up at me...I felt so bad).

for the cali girls, you should name the one that likes to do bunny 500's mercades. ya know cause of the car. yea i am lame.

JadeIcing wrote:
I love Ziggy.
Well - apparently - so does Hope.

Robin had been locking one up in the cage and letting the other one run free in her room...the plan was to do that for a couple of weeks and then try to bond them.

Today was Ziggy's turn to be out of the cage...only Hope got out. The two had a major humping session on Robin's bed....and then...they stopped humping (Robin talked as though they got tired) and they've been together ever since.

Every once in a while one of them thinks about humping the other - you can sorta see it in the way they look, etc. Then...they might hump for a bit (I think) but usually they decide not to.

The idea was to get these two bonded and then bring in Barry and let him become part of a trio. He's some sort of a mini-rex mix we rescued from the feed store when he had eye problems. Robin really loves Ziggy and Barry (although she likes Hope too).

So I guess that the news for now is that - it appears as though Ziggy and Hope are bonded. Yep - two guys.

Of course - that is as long as there is no doe around..

I'll try to do pictures later this weekend or sometime next week.

Its been a fairly good weekend so far - not really much news with the bunnies (well - there is - but there isn't).

Minnie and I snuggled a bit earlier. I think I did more snuggling than she did.....but oh well. She slept with us for a few hours last night- mainly 'cause I fell asleep petting her.

Ziggy and Hope are getting along just fine from what Robin has shared. They like to hang out together and there doesn't seem to be any fighting. I'm still in a bit of shock.

Tomorrow I get to call the vet 70+ miles away and schedule a spay for Faith (bunny). We had a kitty named Faith but we don't have her anymore...we're not sure if she ran away or got hit by a car or what.

Anyway - I went to bed last night around midnight and when I came into the office this morning at 10 am - I found Faith in Dallas' NIC pen. I was furious- and in tears too. As y'all probably know - she's a lionhead - he's a Californian. This is NOT good at all.

I'm going to call the vet tomorrow to see about scheduling a spay next week when I have to go to that town anyway. Art will have to take a day off so we can spend the day there and bring her home without making two trips in one day. My understanding is that we can go a week and get her XRayed to make sure she took or not and then do the spay if she took.

Or I may just go ahead and get her spayed...I'm not sure. I really hadn't planned on spaying her - at least not right away (I have other does that would be higher priority) and I'm scared a lot about this because while I've had bucks neutered - I've never had a doe spayed.

Robin and I locked down the cage tops now so she can't get in....and I just turned around to look at her and I think I know how she did it- it looks like she was about to CLIMB the NIC bars to get into Gracie's cage. She's been in Gracie's cage a time or two before...now I know how she manages it.

ARG.

By the way -she is such a cutie - Hope is her brother and Leona (from the garage) is her sister. They were my last litter that we had born here..

Anyway - that is life here. Some stuff is good - some stuff is bad. But at least we'll be able to get things "fixed".

We are talking about moving the Cali boys if need be - we do have other options - but I think that we have figured out how she got in and we now have it fixed so she can't do that anymore. We really tried messing with the cages to see if a doe could get in.

Oh - and as I type this - she's sitting by Austin's cage and trying to flirt with him through the bars...

Wow! Silly girl! :shock:

What is it with the bunnies lately? haha! Hope she'll be ok. If it was me personally, I'd feel more comfortable getting her spayed early on just to ease my mind. It really isn't that bad, I had a double wammy when I got my two girls done at once, and it's more of the nervousness before, the healing process is the easy part!

Keep us updated!

Part of the decision is based on the fact that I don't think she took. She had a 10 hour period in which they could have bred. When I picked her up and checked her - she was not swollen - she was not red in her privates - and there was no evidence of sperm or even dampness in the area.

In addition - I need to drive 70 miles to a vet who will do spays. I have to go there next week anyway - waiting a week gives us time to see if she needs to be spayed and hopefully sparing us the money if she doesn't need to be spayed. (This wasn't the best time for us for this to happen as I used the emergency fund for a different emergency that came up - with the car).

So to keep from driving all that way both this week - and next week - for work - I'm going to try and combine them in one trip.

I spoke to a couple of other breeders about this too - about how she looked - the time period in which they would've been together (at most) and pretty much everyone thinks she'd have looked swollen and her privates would have been darker.

So I'm thinking she did her climbing thing - fell in - and they groomed each other and were just friendly vs. breeding. In addition, at 4 months old - it is possible Dallas only shoots blanks right now...

However, if she is pregnant - I will be doing the responsible thing and getting her neutered because her life is in danger from being with a Cali buck....

JadeIcing wrote:
Ok your bunnies are just to smart. I have the feeling you might want to start neutering those cali boys just in case.
Yeah - that may have to happen....I am thinking about moving them out of NIC pens (which really were sturdiliy built) and into the big cages in the rabbitry...but that way I wouldn't see them as much.

I don't like that idea.

Gotta go - Art just called me and said, 'Do you have something for that big white rabbit in the garage? He's standing up at the door looking around for something..."

Art knows Zeus' name....he just likes to call him "that big white rabbit"....wonder what he'll do when Ori gets here...call him "Big white rabbit #1"?

So I'm off to hand out banana....boy - Zeus sure has me well trained.

Oh - and it isn't that the Cali boys are all that bright - its that the Lionhead girls are too darn smart.

I was missing Tiny a lot this morning - and seeing these pictures and remembering those early days with my bunnies..just made me smile.

So I thought maybe they'd make y'all smile too..

bunnies108.jpg

bunnies029.jpg

bunnies042.jpg

I love those pictures.

When and if you neuter the boys they could be in the room with no risk. Also what do you give those bunnies that they are so smart???

Latest posts

Back