"Peg's Place" - the Adventures & Misadventures of all the buns here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found a job I will be applying for tomorrow. I'm sort of excited about it - it is a secretarial position at our local airport. Well - I say "airport" very loosely....very very loosely.

We have one runway and small commuter planes come in on it along with twice daily planes from Houston.

Here is the job description..

JOB SUMMARY:
Under direct supervision of the Airport Director, performs a variety of routine and complex clerical, secretarial and administrative work in keeping official records, providing administrative support to the Airport staff, and assisting in the administration of the standard operating policies and procedures of the department. Performs other related work as required.

ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs routine clerical and administrative work in answering phones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, cashiering, data processing, and general bookkeeping.
Answers incoming calls and routes callers or provides information as required.
Operates radios as needed and assists in radio communications; operates base radio as required.
Receives the public and answers questions; responds to inquiries from employees, citizens and others and refers, when necessary, to appropriate persons.
Assists in the procurement of department materials and supplies.
Prepares and monitors work orders.
Distributes incoming mail, processes outgoing mail.
Composes, types, and edits a variety of correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other material requiring judgment as to content, accuracy, and completeness.
Inputs data to standard office and department forms; makes simple postings to accounts; compiles data for various reports.
Plans conference and training sessions and coordinates travel plans for staff.
Prepares records such as notices, minutes, and resolutions.
Acts as custodian of departmental documents and records.
Establishes and maintains filing systems, control records and indexes using moderate independent judgment.
Maintains inventories and orders office supplies and materials.
Schedules appointments, and performs other administrative and clerical duties.
Accepts payment and issues receipts for department services.
Prepares reports, forms, charts, statements and departmental memos.
May be required to attend staff and / or board meetings, takes minutes and transcribe.
Screens telephone calls, takes messages, searches files, assembles information, compiles statistics and maintains statistical records.
Responsible for the arranging, indexing, and filing of cards, letters and documents.
Maintains department personnel files and completes necessary paperwork for any changes regarding departmental personnel status.
Performs other related work as required.

SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives administrative supervision from the Airport Director. Position has no formal assigned supervisory responsibility or authority.

WORKING CONDITIONS:
The principle duties of this position are performed in an office environment.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or G.E.D. Three years (3) experience in general secretarial work or extensive experience in related field. Courses or training in clerical/secretarial programs preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to understand and apply modern office methods and procedures.
Ability to work independently in the absence of specific instructions or supervision.
Ability to handle difficult clerical work and prepare technical and statistical reports.
Ability to type 40 wpm, (Accuracy more important than speed.)
Skill in oral and written communications.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, City management, City departments, other professionals and the general public.
Skill in courteously and effectively working with the public.
Ability to exercise resourcefulness, organize, and prioritize tasks to meet a variety of demands and deadlines.
Must maintain a high level of accuracy and be detail oriented.
Skill in operating standard office equipment, including a personal computer using programs appropriate to assigned duties(ms word, excel, & powerpoint)

Art read the description information and said, "Um...aren't you overqualified?"

The only thing I haven't done - is to operate the radio. I was like, 'How am I overqualified?" and he named the one job where I was an administrative assistant....and well...he was like, "After working at that place for that person - you're overqualified for almost any office job.."

But honestly - I want a job where I would be busy and have a large variety of tasks to work on.

I'm going to be getting dressed up a bit in the morning and going out to apply for it at 8 am.

Thanks Ali.

I've come to the decision that I'm going to continue to look for an office position and take Art up on his offer of being willing to work mid shift for a couple of months (even up to 6 months or so) if we need to do so while we save for another vehicle.

So....I'm going to try to talk to Martin (my favorite district manager for my favorite company) today and ask him if he can hire someone to take 2 of my stores while I'm searching - with the idea that they will get ALL of my stores once I am hired somewhere.

I know he's not going to be happy - he once told me that he will never accept the word "quit" or "resign" from me. But I also know he'll understand that I need to do what is best for us.

I've decided to start out by targeting my search with the government positions that are available. I've found four on the internet that sound "busy" enough that I would enjoy them. I really need an "administrative assistant" type of job where I'm doing several different things and not just the same thing over and over again. In addition - let's face it - the government pays better and hopefully has a bit more security. One of the positions is on base - two or three are with the Dept. of Homeland Security (Border Patrol most likely) and one is at the airport.

I do have to do some merchandising work either today or tomorrow. I'm about to go have my quiet time with my new Bible - spend a bit of time in prayer - and then either go out and get my merchandising done for today and work on pulling paperwork together this afternoon - or - most likely - get my paperwork together this morning and go out and apply this morning for the airport job and then do the online applications this afternoon.

I'm sort of nervous about going back into the work force full-time in an office - but the more I talk to those who know me and love me - the more I remember how much I enjoyed working and how much more organized I was because I HAD to be organized.

I'll update everyone later...

Oh and about the new girl....she's mainly only eating hay right now and turning up her nose at the pellets and oatmeal and stuff. When I go to put banana in her pen she thinks I'm just the cruelest person around to mess up her pen.....and she still doesn't want to come near me.

With that said - at least she's no longer thumping me off when I come within 5 feet of her cage.

Oh - and Miss Bea is becoming "needy" and wanting more pets. Methinks she is jealous....

Talk about timing - I emailed Martin today (my favorite boss) to tell him that I need him to hire someone to cover two of my store and train for when I get a job and leave ....and he called me back to tell me I was on the top of his list today - to let me know he gave his resignation last Friday and that Wednesday is his last day.

I was in tears - he was a lot of the reason I was staying in merchandising....

He has given me his home cell phone number so I can use him as a personal reference - he said I made his time at the company much much better than it might have been because I was so willing to help out all the time.

I'm on my way out the door now to apply for the clerical position....I just had to share.

I've been trying to think of how to say this all day...but there is no easy way to say it.

Today would've been Tiny's 4th birthday.

Its been a crappy day.

I'll write more later - when/if I can. Just....I miss my boy.

I have stuff I want to share....I think.

But for now...

[align=center]Can you find the bunny in the garage?

splashingarage.jpg

(hint:) )

splashingarage-1.jpg

[/align][align=left]
That's Splash and she's about 3 1/2 - 4 feet off the ground....

Sorry if the picture is grainy - I took it with my cell phone...

I'm embarassed to show you my garage - but the picture is just too darn cute to not share it..

[/align]

Well - it looks like Eric is going to be bringing his computer down with him today and we're going to set up and have a LAN party for Christmas - all of us (hopefully) in the living room/dining room area - with our computers set up to play Lord of the Ring Online....

Now let's hope the hay and feed smells from bunny food don't set off his asthma...but we're going to have the windows open, etc. since it seems like it might be nice...

Peg that garage picture is hilarious they really know how to get about huh!! she looks liek she is saying what im not doign anything!!

How did your job interview go?

and sending u :hug:I know how u feel it was the anniversary of Dido passing a couple of days ago :cry2it never seems to get easier they are always in yoru thoughts. But better to have those memories than never to be blessed with them at all :nod

I am SO dying my hair this weekend.

Eric & I went out alone to Skillets to chat - just the two of us. (Skillets is sort of a diner but they are part of a chain).

We had a great time...but when the gal brought the check - she'd taken 10% off - turns out it was "Senior Citizen's Discount". Ha ha ha. (I had teased Art about it this fall when they gave it to him - but it wasn't so funny when they gave it to me).

Eric went to pay for it and he told her "Mom is only 48..." so he went ahead and paid full price. I was shocked - he had set aside money himself to do this....so even though I'd had a $20 bill - he handed it back to me and said it was his idea- he was paying...

Oh poor Splash...I have to share this with y'all.

A few minutes ago, Art & I heard a nose in the garage and then a rabbit sorta scream. It wasn't an 'I'm dying' scream - it was "ouch" type of scream - hard to explain. It was almost like a doe fighting another doe - but it wasn't.

I am going, "Oh God...Oh God" as I go running to the garage...and I see Zeus and Tibba and I think I see Leona - but no Splash. Mind you - Splash thinks she's part mountain goat and I'm looking all over thinking, "she broke her back" or something.

Turns out - it was Splash I saw hiding under the desk and I picked her up to check her over and I saw she had REALLY REALLY BAD ear mites in both ears. I mean - really bad. I had noticed she was never near Zeus at all and it was almost like she was avoiding him - now I understand why. He freaks if a rabbit gets ear mites as that is how he lost control of one of his ears.

So we got her ear taken care of (I did pull out some of it to see if there was pus inside because it had formed like a core inside the ear and came out easily). Fortunately - no signs of infection so she had some treatment and I just put her back in the garage.

I was about in tears the whole time I worked with her though- going, "Baby...its a good thing you fell...because it let me see you have mites before you could get an infection..".

She was just so good while I worked with her and she took the meds like a trooper.

But now I'm really upset - I haven't been as timely about checking the garage bunnies on a schedule like I have been doing the others. It looks like once a week I'm going to start catching them and checking them all over.

So I'm upset this happened - but I'm glad it happened because it caught my attention.

I mean - I'm in there a lot sometimes and will check to make sure everyone is ok and eating - but to do a check for ear mites, etc. - well - they're just gonna love the new routine - NOT.

Oh well...

Also - I've had a blast today/tonight having Eric here....such a blessing to have him down. He has to head back tomorrow about 3 pm as he is missing a headlight in his car....so he wants to get home before dark.

I hope everyone else is having a great Christmas....

Edited to add: I know that normally people are told to not disturb the ear scabs, etc. from ear mites. However, in this case- it was like a little core going into the ear that was loose and I wanted to see if there was pus underneath it....and I was able to pull it out to check. I'm not saying everyone should mess with a rabbits' ears if they get mites....as it can be very painful. We just weren't sure whether she needed antibiotics or not and this was a fast way to tell.....(by the way - she doesn't need them - thank goodness).

polly wrote:
aw Poor Splash, glad you found her and at leats they haven't got icky!
Yeah - I'm happy they weren't as bad as they could've been.

The thing is - it had been nagging at me that I needed to get the garage bunnies on a schedule where I checked them regularly also. I mean - when we feed them and stuff I make sure they're eating and all that. But these 4 bunnies aren't particularly fond of being handled and they have so much space to run and hide in.

Fortunately, getting the garage organized is on my list of stuff for 2009 (although other areas are on the list first). Hopefully, they'll get used to a weekly check-up and if not - at least they won't have places to hide so easily.

Splash is just so cute though....other than Zeus - she is my favorite garage bunny.....even though Leona is more showable. And Tibba? Tibba is a witch....definitely a diva bun and if she and Miss Bea went head to head over something I'm not sure who would win!

Oh well - time to get some coffee going and call my mom to wish her Merry Christmas.

Then I think I'll take a banana to the garage and see if Splash will forgive me...

Surprise....I'm not really here....I'm at Eric's place. Long story - will write more while he is at work tomorrow...

aaaaww...hugs for Splash, and thank goodness she has you to care for her!

Just hopping in to say Merry Christmas Peg...hope Santa was good to you and Art and all the furries! :)

This is probably going to be a long and very boring post to most folks. I just have stuff to say and I have to get it "out there" and those who care about me can reply here or pm me or even just ignore it. But there is so much going around in my head, my heart, and my life right now....that I am just gonna dump stuff here.

But first...the bunny news.

Miss Bea is in the office now along with Minnie. I'm leaving Audrey and the other girls in the office for now. I locked up Miss Bea for her own protection last night and she wasn't happy with me at all. Bandita was simply being a witch. Audrey & Miss Bea were showing signs that they MIGHT accept each other (no grooming but lots of ignoring each other as they sat back to back).

Its killing me to take her from my bedroom - but she's developed the bad habit (even before Darla/mouse came here for fostering) of peeing ON the bed. There are a number of changes I'm wanting to make in the house this coming year - especially in a few days/weeks - and one of them was to turn my bedroom back into something somewhat romantic - versus a "bunny room" and "clutter storage facility". So the peeing bunny had to leave the room.

The thing is - right now my computer is in the living room (where Art hopes I'll keep it) from having the LAN party over Christmas. Art feels like we'll see each other more if I'm not shut away in the office. I feel like we'll see each other more if he pulls his nose out of an online computer game....but alas - I've been in a bit of a witchy mood lately.

Anyway - back to the bunnies. Gloria, Juni & Butterscotch are moving out of my bedroom in the next couple of days also - so that just the hospital bunnies will be there. For now - I'm cleaning off my desk in the office and moving my Bible and journals in there so I have a place I can spread out and WRITE (which I think I really need right now). I'm hoping I'll spend some time in the office with the girls every day and be able to see Miss Bea and stuff.

Ok - now on to personal stuff...sort of....grumpy right now - confused about many things - so I'm going to meander a bit. Feel free to move along and read cheerier stuff on the forum...ok?

[line]
Well...if you're down here - then you must want to be here.

First of all - I better clarify something about my post about being at Eric's.....he was down here on Christmas and didn't want to go home alone since he gets so lonely up where he lives. He had no girlfriend (although he wishes he did) - no real friends - but he does like where he works and his coworkers. Just.....he hates coming home alone.

He's also moving to a new apartment in the complex this week - and Art & I were going to go up last Saturday to help him move his heavy stuff since he had the key already.

It was decided on the spur of the moment that I'd ride up with him on Thursday night - help pack a few things - just be there to keep him company, etc. - then Art would come up on Saturday and we'd work on moving him on Sat/Sun. So...that is what we did. I think it really made Eric feel good on Friday to come home to a cleaner apartment - with supper cooking - and someone there. Now to find him a good woman to share his life with....:biggrin2:

Around this time of year - those who have known me for years - will tell you that I go through some "changes". I become more introspective...asking myself what I want to change about my life in the coming year. I sometimes also do this around my birthday also....

Sometimes I make good goals for myself and achieve them. Sometimes I don't achieve them - sometimes I don't achieve them because I lost the stupid piece of paper that I wrote them on.

This coming year though feels like a "big" year for me - for changes. I feel like I'm finally ready (and willing) to make some of the changes I say I want to make. I'm a little bit scared - but I think I've reached wit's end and I'm hanging onto the knot I've tied in the rope and asking myself if maybe I wouldn't be happier if I just let go of life as it currently is - and made the changes I keep wanting to make.

Honestly - I'm sick of my life as it is now. I'm sick of the clutter. I'm sick of the filth which I let build up in some areas due to the clutter. I'm sick of....myself. And yes...at times - I'm even sick of the bunnies.

I'm in the process of looking for different work - preferably clerical work. Ideally, I'd like a job where I could work part-time and have more time at home. However, I'd even take a full time job if I would have a lunch hour every day where I could just shut myself away somewhere and read and journal and get that out of my system so that when I come home at night to face "life"....with my family, pets, etc. - I'd feel like I had time for me already.

I think that when I am able to get a different job - that will help with part of my feelings. I'm tired of retail - tired of having my back hurt and getting grumpy because customers are too lazy to put greeting cards back in the proper pocket. I mean...it isn't like you need to be a rocket scientist to put the card back in the same place where you got it - instead - the greeting card racks I maintain look like a 3 year old goes through and mauls them every week. I'm sick of customers. I'm sick of managers. I'm just sick of it all.

I'm sick of some of the people in my life. There is someone I care about a lot and want them as part of my life - but many times they act like they think they're superior to me and if I'd only say things they way THEY THINK I should say them....life would be easier. Well guess what?

I've decided I deserve some respect from them. I've decided to set some boundaries. While this is not polite - I've started walking away from them when they treat me like that - or just closing down (in a way that they can't help but notice - I'll even turn my back on them).

I've decided I'm just not going to take it anymore. I'm 48 years old for crying out loud....I don't need someone lecturing me on how I should say things. If they don't like it - tough cookies. I don't always like how they say things - but do I try to change them? Nope. Its not my place to change them.

And its not going to be their place to change me anymore. I'm not going to let it be their place. I've had ENOUGH.

Anyway - I guess what I've been doing lately is to look at my life and ask myself what I want to change - and what changes I'm willing to make by myself. I can only be responsible for me - not for others.

Here are some things I've been coming up with:

• I need a morning routine for the house. I asked myself what I'd be willing to commit myself to doing for about 15-30 minutes every morning. Officially - I'm starting on the 1st of January - but I've already been working on this a bit. The list isn't much...and it isn't hard. If it were to get done every day...I'd be happy and the house would be much better.
  • I need an evening routine for the house. Once again - 15-30 minutes at most. Last night I was exhausted and wanted to head to bed..but I'd PROMISED myself that I wanted to start loading the dishwasher every night and getting it running while we sleep. (Unloading it is one of the morning jobs). BTW - Art had been handling the dishes about 80% of the time - I just felt like it wasn't fair to make him do them - he works 40 hours per week plus helps water the rabbits (who are technically mine). Anyway - I got Robin to unload the dishwasher (it killed me to ask her - I hate to ask anyone for anything) - and then I loaded it right before heading to bed. Did all the dishes fit in? Nope. About 90% of them did though and that made me feel better. Oh - and Art even noticed this morning when he got up! :biggrin2:
  • I need a morning and evening routine for ME. Some things that are important to me are my quiet time in the Bible, journaling, having facials (which I so often put off), etc. So I'm working on that list....up until a couple of days ago - I'd had my quiet time for like 14 days in a row...I was pretty pleased and noticing changes in me. I want to get working on this. (A few years ago, I kept a "gratitude journal" and it was amazing to look back on it later - basically - every day I listed 5 things I was grateful for that day...).
  • I need to - in fact I MUST - get this house decluttered and organized. This is non-negotiable for this coming year. I can no longer live with it the way it is - it is driving me up the wall. I'm starting with the entry way. Some stuff got moved to the garage for later sorting (the garage will obviously be last) - but I'm going through my stuff that is there and trying to make it neat so when you walk in the door - you don't feel overwhelmed by "junk" right there. Following that - I plan to do the coat closet, the closet over the hamper in the hall (linen closet), the closet that has the heater/ac inside stuff in it - and then from there I'll move into the rest of the house. I already have several boxes I've bought to start this with....and I'm hoping to fill those boxes this week and drop them off at a place for charity.
    • Art & I were discussing this yesterday at lunch and we decided it was time to take the couch to the dump and move the recliner to that area. We don't use the living room area at all much as far as entertaining goes....so we'll have the recliner there and buy another recliner maybe sometime this year (on sale) and put that in there. I mean - we never really watch tv (ok - so I watch Survivor). The tv sits in the fireplace (which we never use)....anyway....Art is gonna break the couch up somehow and over his next few dump runs - take it and drop it off. What a WONDERFUL feeling.
  • I need to work on some personal goals for me....besides just the house. I want to feel "pretty" again. That means....getting my hair colored....getting it cut...organizing my clothes so I have clothes that make me feel pretty (that are clean and ready to put on). It means having my jewelry where I can find it (I love to wear long necklaces) and having my favorite perfume handy to put on. It is probably going to mean going for walks to help me lose weight.... I keep thinking that just because I'm 48 - doesn't mean I have to LOOK 48 or feel 48.
In the long run - I think this time of introspection has been really good for me. I've been taking personality tests (several) to see if they are in line with each other (they usually are)....and to think through what I want. For those who know Myers-Briggs, I'm an INFP. For those who know DISC - I'm either an Advisor or Advocate (I seem to switch between the two depending upon when I take the test....but they're both very closely related).

Now though - I think I need to get outside of my head....and get to work on changing in my life the things I want to change.

I started that yesterday by the way....I went to the local library and got a library card. I brought home books on dealing with the home and housework, time management, A.D.D. (which I've been told I am borderline for), and more. After reading Karl Rove's article on how many books he and President Bush read per year (they have had a bit of a competition going since 2005)....I've realized I really need to - and want to - read more - and not just of this forum either. I have interests that I love to read about....and dreams that I want to fulfill if I can build the necessary time-management and organizational skills.

So I've been like a little kid on Christmas day reading through these books...and to think - they were FREE for me to borrow (versus sinking lots of money into them).

Anyway - that's me. That's where I'm at...what I'm going through. I so want to share more - about my thoughts about finding a job - some of the openings, etc. - but I figure I have probably bored y'all enough for several days worth of reading..

:shock:

BUNNY UPDATE FIRST

[align=left]MISS BEA - I'm locking her up in a cage at night when I feed the office and at first she was really upset. Then last night she realized, "hey - I don't have to share my food with anyone...!" and she was pretty pleased. In the morning - I take her in a piece of banana and unlock her door - and she's adjusting fairly well. I need to get her humidifier moved into the office this week and I think she's going to do fine.

MINNIE - Minnie has adopted very well to the other bunnies - she's enough of a witch that she will make her own way. She still loves to run run run all over the place - normally in elongated circles due to her head tilt. She hates to be picked up and held - but if I sit on the floor and pet her - she loves pets.

DARLA/MOUSE - Oh folks - I'm having a hard time here. Both Art & Robin feel I should take Darla back to the feed store so she can have a real home and family. In many ways I agree - in some ways - its going to be really really tough for me to do so. I may take her back for one week - and if she's there after the week -then she's ours. I don't know. But I will be going to pick up food on Friday and I need to decide by then. I really did take her with the intent of only fostering her. But here is a cute story about her....I've been hearing scuffling sometimes during the night - on the tarp. I was afraid Barry was rolling in his pen - but it would be short scuffling and then stop for an hour or so. As it turns out - Miss Darla has learned how to jump OUT of her pen and does so. The scuffling is Gloria chasing her back to her pen where she jumps in. Gloria than sits outside her pen (chinning it) for an hour or so....and either Gloria falls asleep or hops away and apparently Miss Darla gets out again. Unfortunately - Darla once landed in Barry's pen and used him to hop back into her pen. A couple of other times she's landed on Liberty's cover or on Wedge's cover. I could put a cover on her pen...but its so much fun to see her jump in and out now that I've seen it.

LIBERTY- I haven't really talked about Liberty. She's about 3 years old and the only term for her I had until about 3 weeks ago was *itch. I'm sure you can fill in the first letter. I was afraid of her - talk about cage aggressive and MEAN. I hated putting her food in her cage cause she'd often charge at me.

Have I ever mentioned though that WRY NECK has a way of "leveling" the playing field - that bunnies will oftentimes change? Well - for some unknown reason - Liberty has come down with wry neck...and she has a pretty bad case - although she is not rolling uncontrollably. Still yet - she is laying on her side a lot...and I'm worried about her.

Yesterday I was afraid I was going to lose her - I spent a LARGE portion of the day cuddling her and talking to her and offering her water and stuff and this morning I brought her into bed for cuddles.

The thing is - she's now a true cuddlebun. When she hears my voice - she tries to look around for me. She leans into me for snuggles and will kiss my hands for 5 minutes or longer at a time.

Its killing me to see her like this. Minnie was "the doe from hell" or "the doe from Hades" and Liberty was right behind her in the meanness factor. Now - she's a sweetheart.

Won't y'all be praying for her to get well? Or sending her healing thoughts and wishes?

She's starting to try and learn to sit up again....but she's not well enough to do that much. I wish we knew what caused her to get wry neck - there were never any ear mites or anything that looked like an infection. I'd take her to the vet 70 miles away - but his first answer for ANYTHING is liquid baytril via. shots...and I've done that. Now she's on Pen G and Bonine and stuff just like Wedge....(who I'll update on next)...I'm hoping that with time - she can become like Minnie who has full use of her body - just has a permament head tilt.

WEDGE - This little guy is a stinker. A major stinker. First of all - he currently shares his pen with Harry (aka "Studmuffin" my first buck for breeding - and Harriet's father) and with Quincy - a harlequin buck who got a major abcess and I wanted to keep somewhere that I could monitor him better. Harry was depressed after having some ear mites and so I let him live with Wedge who wasn't doing as well at the time.

Well...Wedge now wants to breed....a lot. You'll hear him start to talk (its hard to describe) and the next thing you hear is him mounting Harry - and then Quincy)
. Of course - when I pick up Wedge to talk to him - he flops himself over and looks so pathetic and pitiful as if to say, "Mount someone? me? I can't even stand up...".

Did you remember that Wedge has wry neck? Yep.....he "suffers" from wry neck -but honestly - you wouldn't know it much.

Harry and Quincy are moving back to the rabbitry this week and I guess I'll have to get Wedge a stuffed animal. I'd move Wedge back to the rabbitry but whenever he's put in a cage - he relapses within 10 days. Sometimes I wonder if his wry neck is partly psychologocial at this point...as in "how can I get mama to let me live with her and snuggle with her?"

We lost Captain this week....and that hurt. I'd never really mentioned him here - but he was about 2 1/2 years old and he'd had respiratory problems on and off throughout his whole life. He'd had a friend that lived in the next cage over when he was young and they both made loud noises - Captain with his breathing and the other guy when he ate. So I named them "Captain" and "Crunch" like the cereal. Crunch got rehomed months ago...I kept Captain as I felt like he was never fully healthy. It was hard for me when we lost him - I'd fed him just a night or two earlier (Robin usually feeds that area) and I'd been talking to him about what a good boy he was and how he often loved to come to the front of the cage to see us.

Since this is sorta related to the bunnies....both Sasha and Millie are finally becoming better around the bunnies. They once had a chance to go after Puckina and when Art said "no" once (so he could get her - she'd gotten out of the play area)...they stopped. Of course - they didn't stop on their own - but they did show restraint. Sasha is still showing excitement when we have a bunny in the kitchen on the floor or in the living room - but she sits back and watches and knows she'll get her rear end beat if she tries anything. They both still have the need to "seek and destroy" things by chewing on them....but they are settling down. Now if they'll just stay out from under Art's feet - things will go so much better.

THE CALIFORNIANS - BOYS AND GIRLS - Dallas and Austin are both so cute. I miss being in the office with them because they love to periscope to see what is happening and if they can beg for food, etc. I wish I could bond the two boys together and let them share one bigger cage....not sure how that would work. The girls are doing well - as is their mama, Gracie. All four girls get along well and I may try again to add Jenny into the mix if she'll not try so hard to be dominant. I don't know. But the girls are doing really well living in their big pen....its so much fun sometimes to see the different positions they can get into - there are almost always at least two snuggled together - if not three or all four.

[align=center]
Personal update on Peg

[align=left]I'm doing pretty good - excited about the future. I've been enjoying reading the library books along with ones I've bought - and I'm working at planning out goals for what I want to do with my life this year.

One thing that really was eluding me was how to get exercise. I am not a big fan of walking - particularly in our summer heat. Aerobics is SO out of there for me now...maybe later. Anyway - today Robin and I were in Walmart and we came across some Dvds that I think just MIGHT work for me. One is "Dirty Dancing Official Dance Workout" and the other one is about "Dancing with the Stars" and looks interesting also. Robin and I looked at them a bit after bringing them home - and I think we're going to try and work on them 3 times per week to get some exercise.

I may also go back to Sparkpeople.com to monitor my eating (and if I'm drinking my water) and also to help myself set goals and keep up with them.

Anyway - that is it for now - I'll probably write more later - but my computer has been strange lately and shutting down sometimes without warning and I want to get this posted...

Oh - before I forget - thanks to knowing I can share with y'all - I've been taking my blood pressure pills almost every day (I forgot to take them to Eric's) - and I'm feeling much better.

Now - wanna help me remember to start taking St. John's Wort? Robin talked me into getting it today at Walmart.....she has some somewhere and said it was "almost" as helpful as her Lexapro when she was out of her pills....so she recommends I go on it. YUCK.

But hey - its worth a try...
[/align][/align]

[/align]

Thanks for the update!

Sorry to hear about Captain, he knew he was loved though.

It was nice to hear about the buns, you have some real characters in you group, especially Darla. Thats a cute story. I also loveWedges "who me?". Non rabbit people don't understand their unique personalities that makes buns great pets.

[align=center]HAPPY NEW YEAR

[align=left]Wow - its already 2009 - does anyone else remember right before 2000 how many people thought things would all go wrong because of the computers and how they weren't set up to read 4 digit years instead of 2 digit years? I remember how people stored away food and all that stuff and all the various scenarios that were talked about on the news.

For some reason - I was thinking about that last night - how its now 8 years later - and we're still here and computers are an even bigger part of our lives now than they were before.

Anyway....first some updates on me....

Ooops - just remembered I had to take my blood pressure pill..... :p

Ok - I'm back. Let's see - first of all - I had a great night last night. Art & Eric & I played in LoTRO until about 10 pm when Art dropped out and 11 pm when Eric and I both were like, "I'm too tired to play". I wound up staying up till around 1 am because the neighbors were shooting off firecrackers and I knew the bunnies and dogs were scared. Of course - it helped that I had downloaded some software for a 30 day trial and was playing around with it. I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far and I may order it at the end of the 30 days.

Now for those who are wondering what the software was....it is Franklin Covey's "Plan Plus for Windows". For anyone who has read Covey's books - or uses the planners - you might know how he has you write down a mission statement and values and then you try to make sure that the things you do work towards the values you say you have. For instance - if I say that I value my marriage - but I never speak to my husband or spend time with him - do I truly value the relationship? Basically - if I value the relationship - I will make time for it - sometimes by planning ahead so that we do have time together.

What is really cool is that as you set up your values - you can then tie in goals with those values and so as you set up your tasks/appointments you can see if they're in line with what you say is important....and at the end of the week you can what % of what you're doing is actually meeting what you say you want to do.

Its hard to explain - but when I used Covey's software years ago - it made a major impact on my life. Then my computer crashed - couldn't find the cd from a move when it got packed...and all of life went downhill.

So today I'm sort of looking at different areas of my life and working on a "mission statement" for that area - what do I want to accomplish? Why do I want to accomplish it?

Have I mentioned I'm the type of person who is very introspective and ENJOYS doing stuff like that?

:biggrin2:

Oh - for those who are wondering if I've done any of the dancing dvds yet to get some exercise...the answer is....NO. I'm not going to do it the first few times until Art is out of the house - its ok if Robin laughs at me - but I'm not gonna let Art see me and laugh at me. That would be too devastating.

[align=center]About the bunnies...

[align=left]The bunnies are doing good. I've seen Zeus snuggling with Leona more than usual - but Tibba still manages to break them up sometimes. Splash is doing good - she loves to live up high on a pile of stuff. I swear that girl thinks she's part mountain goat.

Miss Bea is doing ok...she's still not happy being in the office. I know it will take her some time to adjust. Robin locked her up last night and when Miss Bea saw Robin put some cheerios in on top of her food - she decided to not thump at Robin "this time"......I'm about to go let her out after she has some banana.

Minnie seems to have put the other girls in their place - she's not afraid of them at all and when I looked at them last night - they were all just sitting around. I joked with Robin that Minnie was going to wait for Audrey and Miss Bea to take each other out - and then she'd become top bunny. It sure would be funny if that is what happened.

Gloria and Juni and Butterscotch are moving out of my bedroom today. Quincy already got moved out from Wedge's pen last night and Harry is moving out today. Poor Wedge - I need to get him a stuffy. He's so....eager to breed. I'm going to make sure Harry gets moved next to a girl's cage as he likes it when he's next to the girls. I still swear he sends out some time of phermones/hormones/scent that draws the girls to him.

I've made the tough decision to take Darla back to the feed store - for sure. I do care about her a lot - but when I took her - it was with the idea that I was only going to be socializing her so she could go to another family. Sure - I'd love to keep her - but she would get so much more one-on-one attention in a family if she was the only rabbit or one of just a few rabbits. I'll have a talk with Justin and Heather (his wife) and Gabby - about what to look for in a person to adopt her. Gabby is so good about working with people and working with the bunnies - she truly cares about them.

Well - I guess that is it for now. I have so much I want to get done today.....I may write more later though.

[/align][align=left]
[/align][/align][/align][/align]

Latest posts

Back