Oberon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have to say the bext Christmas giftIcould recieve is to see that all these rescue bunnies aredoing so well. (We can't forget Haley's little rescue either!)

I'm such a suck for Oberon though.. there's something about whiterabbits. Go figure how they are normally looked over in shelters andrescues yet Oberon has quickly become one of the most wanted rabbits onthis forum.

I heard my name. Are you talking about little old me?
100_2582a.jpg

Actually, Mom says I'm not that little. She weighed me today and her el-cheapo scale said I'm 10 lbs!
100_2583a.jpg

But I think I'm cool because I figured out how to jump up on thechair. Now I can survey my lands in true lordly style!
100_2574a.jpg

Aww so cute!Such a hunk.

Go Oberon!! 10lbs is awesome! :D

What a hottie!! :D

Flower told me she's head over flops for this guy...it was love at first sight! :)

Man....he is just coming along so well. All he needed was someone to understand him.....

You're doing awesome with him...

Peg

Oberon looks so happy!,i can't blame him really......it also looks like he has settled in just nice ;)

Hehe i love that picture of Oberon doing a binky,now that is one happy and grateful bunny :D

I'm sure Oberon has been having a lot of fun there :)

cheryl

Morning folks! Well, today's Friday,and we just did our first bonding sessions. We introduced Feyand Sprite separately because we don't want to have to worry about somany bunnies if they start fighting.

It wasn't the worst bonding session ever, but it wasn'tgreat. We introduced Fey first. She was dutifullyignoring Oberon. He ignored her for a little bit, then gotcloser, then tried to sneak in a bite. He tried that a coupletimes with her, and between that and the strange place and cold floor(basement space where Oberon hasn't been allowed) Fey was prettyscared. So we did some "forced cuddling," like we did when wewere rebonding Fey and Sprite. That's where each person holdsone bunny and holds them together. They were fine withthat. I think that Oberon may have been trying to snuggleinto Fey, but I'm not sure. We tried them on the floor againbut Fey was too spooked to leave my lap and we figured we should stop.

Then we brought Sprite down. Keep in mind that merelytouching her spooks her, and we had to pick her up. We didn'thave her down for very long. Somehow Oberon ended uppartially on top of her- she moved and he moved at the sametime. Neither knew what to do for a bit, and then Oberonlooked like he was about to kick at her when James picked himup. After that, Sprite hid inside my sweatshirt and didn'twant to leave. She was so scared that she didn't care that Iwas petting her, poor girl. So we stopped.

I might move the bonding into the finished basement rec room, which hascarpet. Maybe Fey and Sprite will be more comfortablethere. But we do have to be very careful because Oberon ishuge compared to the girls and I don't want anybody to gethurt. Or maybe we'll just do forced snuggling for a bit.

naturestee wrote:
I heard my name. Are you talking about little old me?
100_2582a.jpg

Actually, Mom says I'm not that little. She weighed me today and her el-cheapo scale said I'm 10 lbs!
100_2583a.jpg

But I think I'm cool because I figured out how to jump up on thechair. Now I can survey my lands in true lordly style!
100_2574a.jpg

Oh Dear! Jan (Luvabun) told me about this little punkin, butI never expected such Beauty to be displayed on my screen.

I love your quotes. What a lucky little baby to have foundyour home. (He does remind me of Apollo, Jan. I hope he hasthe personality the Beast had.)

One correction: He doesn't THINK he's cool, He KNOWS he's Cool.

Merry Christmas!! Nothing like a new bunny to brighten a holiday!

Warmest Wishes,

-Carolyn

Hiya Carolyn! :wave2

He is a gorgeous hunk-a-bun. And he's such asweetie! Have you seen his original Petfinder pics?He really looks like a mini Apollo in them.

2u61fu9.jpg

Julie from Soulmate Rabbit Rescue just posted his profile on Petfinderusing one of the latest pics of him, since he looks so happynow. He's technically a foster, I don't know if you know thestory but Angieluv's shelter was going to euthanize him and he wasoriginally bought as snake food! I can't keep him permanentlyunless he bonds with Fey and Sprite because otherwise I just won't havethe time to take care of him every day for the rest of hislife. But I can give him what he needs right now, which isexercise, good food, and love. And the adoration of hisInternet fans.:D

For all those Oberon fans out there, I amofficially declaring him the most cuddly bunny I've had a chance to layhands on! Now instead of just pushing his head under my handfor petting, he's smooshing himself against me and nibbling my clothes(he's a rough groomer). If I put him in my lap he'll stay foras long as I keep petting him, and once I stop he'll look around toencourage me some more.

This is going to make bonding easier, too. This morning Ibrought him up, set him on the couch, and had him snuggle with Fey andSprite in turns (had to hold them, though). I think it wentpretty well, and when I let Sprite decide if she wanted to stay or goshe almost came back over by him.:D

:bunnydance:

I hope..I hope..I hope....so much that he worksout with Fey and Sprite. Do you think that he would be a rough groomerwith them too.? That wouldn't be good. This is really the first timethat he has experienced any real love as when he was with me he was inrecovery mode and I didn't hold him much nor did I have the space tolet him run. I am so very happy for him!!!!!

Latest posts

Back