My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I LOVE Starbucks Blonde Roast! It's so **** good. I never drink coffee, and when I do, that's what I drink... I used to be addicted to the darn stuff so I know exactly what you mean by first cup before it's done. Yeuck! It is gross... but it does somehow satisfy the craving. I also love microfiber cloths and it's so wierd, after I'm done cleaning mirrors I can see things on my face that I didn't see prior to... either my mirrors are that dirty (hope not) or I just dont stare into them as often as I thought.

So you're considering getting Ellie spayed? interesting. She is progressing like crazy! I wish now that I know so much about rabbits I could get a young one and raise it right the first time around! I'd have like a super awesome rabbit, like Ellie !! Meh, mine are good enough :) I love the suckers.

Atleast your son isn't feeding his food to anyone he's not supposed to :p That's funny though.

When I cleaned the mirror today, I looked into and said to myself I should never do that again. I think its the cleanest its ever been. lmao. I should stay away from them! haha.

I don't know if Ellie is 'super awesome' but she's pretty good. She just has this weird thing with feet now. She is constantly trying to get my husbands feet and its so funny to hear him! Plus, she is ninja quiet and will sneak up on you and bite your shoes! Its hilarious to hear him squeal and tell her to shoo! I giggle to myself.

That's what drives me nuts, buying a new coffee pot every year or two! My husband keeps saying we need to get a commercial coffee pot. I want an old electric perculator. My parents had theirs forever. We drink Maxwell house. Folgers tears up our stomachs. We used to switch between hazelnut and French vanilla creamer depending on our mood. But now I can't even stand the smell of French vanilla and my husband is the same with the hazelnut. So he drinks with French vanilla and I do the hazelnut. I have never had starbucks. Before I ever got around to it I learned that they refused to support our troops so they won't get my business. Most people that try our coffee really like it. I guess it's just the amount of coffee per water we use.

How could you ever forget Elton John? :) I listen to all types of music depending on my mood. I listen to music such as Godsmack when I'm angry. When I really want to feel mellow I listen to celtic music especially a cd I have where they sing in Gaelic. I love bagpipes, drumming (djembe, I have one), dijeridoo (I have one), country, some rap (not the cop killing stuff), pop, 60's, Janice Joplin, Zepplin...I'm just all over the place. The only music I know I don't like is mariachi bands.

I bet Ellie was really kicking up her heels having a wonderful time.

My husband wants one of those massive bunn coffee makers. He thinks that would just be the way to go! haha. I think so too sometimes, but I only drink like one pot a day, so like 4-6 cups. lmao. Thats a lot.
I think we're going to have to get another one soon because I'm on the verge of throwing mine in the pond.

I love celtic music! When we lived in an apartment a few years ago, there was someone who lived about a mile away from us and he would practice his bagpipes, I would sit out in the front of the apartment and listen to him practice. It was so awesome! I love it. Reminds me of the homeland. LMAO.

I meant super awesome in that she's so **** smart already. When you get rescue buns, sometimes, they've missed out on opportunities to have free run or toys so they don't know how to utilize them properly, or just have traits that are unfavorable already and are unable to be taught otherwise. Don't get me wrong I love rescue buns and I don't regret ever rescuing a bun I'm just pointing out both sides of the equation :p

No they're not Norwex, I kind of remember you talking about those though. They're just regular microfiber and they're amazing. I've never had them and its like they just pick everything up and clean so much better than other things. I really like them. My husband was like "Wow! The tv is SO clean!"work!

You should look into norwex then. If you ever get invited to someone having a party....GO! (((omg my autocorrect just changed that to having an orgy instead of party...hahahahahhaha glad I caught that one!))) They are microfiber too.....but waaaaaay better than any microfiber I've ever gotten at the store. And they have silver in them....so they disinfect!!! Like for real kill bacteria with just water. They have changed my life :) haha. Since I'm a clean freak and a stay at home mom cleaning is a big part of my world. And I've saved so much money because I no longer hav to buy paper towels and cleaners. I mean, I do buy paper towels still but not nearly as many. And I buy toilet cleaner still because I feel like I need more than just water to clean my toilets, haha, but yes. I love norwex id you can't tell :)

You're right Michelle. I've never adopted a bun that was an adult already, with issues or not. I got Foo as an older baby and then of course Ellie, as a tiny baby. So I've been able to sort of break them of bad habits and hope to god that some of them don't stick!
Speaking of behavioral traits, Ellie is a bad rabbit! We were sitting on the couch last night and we heard this strange noise coming from the kitchen and it was Ellie. I went in and saw her chewing on the molding! She chewed a little bit of it, its painted and I hope she didn't eat it! Thankfully its really hard old wood and she can't do too much damage. But still, she's chewing on my house! hahah. So I gave her some brown packing paper and some newspaper to play in, so she started shredding that. Hopefully that will stop her from eating my house. I have to see if we still have a phone book, we only got like 8 this year and I can't remember if we threw them out or not. I don't think we did because there is a "special" way you have to throw them away...yeah give them to a bunny, thats special!

I wasn't that person I hate this morning! I didn't take the coffee before it was done. I told my husband about it last night and he was like "why don't you just wait until the coffee is done?" I told him, that there is always so much going on BEFORE I get a cup of coffee that the stuff can't come out fast enough! I told her he was lucking, I didn't just put my head under the spout and let it pour into my mouth like that (like in Son in Law with Pauly Shoar). Surprisingly enough, the coffee maker is able to be set to make coffee automatically, but I never set it. By the time dinner is over and the dishes are clean, I'm wiped out and the last thing on my mind is making readying the coffee maker for the next morning. But that next morning I'm kicking myself in the ass because I didn't set it the night before...every morning. LMAO. Its bad.

What do you gals do for your husbands for fathers day? This year I'm going to make him a huge gift basket, with beef jerky, chips, candy, cookies, pistachios, money bows and I'm going to make him a coffee cup or two.
Actually I'm going to make a set of coffee cups, all with mustaches on them. The cup I'm making for my husband will have "worlds best father" on it, I'm just going to paint it myself and MAYBE put my son's hand print on it?! But the other ones with the mustaches, I'm thinking of doing like 4 of them, with a handle bar mustache like Joe from The Oakridge Boys. I'll do some other styles of mustaches too, I just love them. haha. And I think I'll make a cup for me that says, "don't mess with me until this cup is empty" and then I'll put "empty" on the bottom in the inside and like "gurrr" on the bottom on the outside for when I'm drinking. hahaha. Thats how I feel on most mornings.

I'm also in the process of reorganizing my house and trying to make it more efficient. Its a little stressful and show going because I have a crazy child, but hopefully it will be all worth while in the end.
PaGal made me think about my animal emergency box and how I need to go through it and make sure everything is organized and ready for just in case. I think thats what I'll start my day with. There's so much stuff in there! haha. But I do have a few things to add to it too.

You should look into norwex then. If you ever get invited to someone having a party....GO! (((omg my autocorrect just changed that to having an orgy instead of party...hahahahahhaha glad I caught that one!))) They are microfiber too.....but waaaaaay better than any microfiber I've ever gotten at the store. And they have silver in them....so they disinfect!!! Like for real kill bacteria with just water. They have changed my life :) haha. Since I'm a clean freak and a stay at home mom cleaning is a big part of my world. And I've saved so much money because I no longer hav to buy paper towels and cleaners. I mean, I do buy paper towels still but not nearly as many. And I buy toilet cleaner still because I feel like I need more than just water to clean my toilets, haha, but yes. I love norwex id you can't tell :)

LMAO! I wish you would have left it as orgy, that would have been possibly the best auto correct I've ever read! I'll look into the Norwex microfiber clothes and if they're that great, then I might try to get some.

****, I'm out of paper towels, thats the worst thing in the world.

Always so much going on in your blog. :p

A few posts back, you mentioned really missing Foo. I really missed Dora last night! When my two friends helped me with our scary car ride a couple days ago, they asked me what exactly happened the day Dora passed away. I was touched they were interested, but it did make me sad. Then yesterday they were telling me how pretty she was. It's weird to be so grateful for another rabbit and also miss the previous rabbit so much.

Your Father's Day gift basket idea is great! Maybe I should get Luke a bunny Father's Day present, bahaha. Anyway, the mustache mugs sound awesome, please post pictures!

I always really miss her, some days more than others though.
Like last night, I looked into the kitchen and saw Ellie and had to do a double take because at first my mind didn't understand why she was black and white and not just all white. It was just a split second, but it was so weird. Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me.

I just wrote out this long thing about the chickens and I realized that you guys don't care! haha. You guys probably don't want to get to know the genetics of chicken color pairings or which roosters I'm keeping based on colors.
I will say though that I have 5 roosters out of 12 chicks, so thats a pretty good rooster to hen ratio.

There is so much in my brain right now, I have to write all of this down because my brain is over filling and the thoughts are oozing out of my ears. :pullhair:

Last edited:
Okay here are picture of MY view! haha, don't expect too much. I don't live in a spectacular place!

This is from right out my back door, thats what I look at all the time.
2qbyfkl.jpg

And here is if you look to the right out the back door. That is most of our backyard and further out, like passed the barn is the field.
In the summer time its so nice.
ighj68.jpg

Around our pond in the summer is SO much better than winter time. Its like an oasis in the summer time, the foliage hangs over the water and it stays shady and really pretty looking, with all the green water grass and stuff, I'll take pictures of that when its finally green.

OHH and here is a picture of my son. He was making me nuts not taking a nap and he was so tired. So I put him in a baby burrito and this is how he looked. I happened to have the camera in my pocket, so I was able to get it! haha. Sad face. Look how huge his hair looks! Its just the way he's laying and because his hair is kind of long and it has lots of volume, just like mine. lmao. Like a girl.
znngxd.jpg

Morgan, I love the view from your back with the woods and the pond...that is lovely and looking out onto trees. I love your view, i could certainly live with that. And not seeing any buildings, that is so nice.

Your son is so cute but he doesn´t look very happy in that photo lol.

I for one don´t mind you educating us about chickens, I actually find it really interesting as I know nothing about it so the genetics of them is quite fascinating. So if you feel the urge, you go ahead, I´ll be reading it.

No he was not happy that day! haha. It was so funny, because he would try to get out of the burrito but he couldn't. So he would just stand up all wrapped in the burrito. It was hilarious and then I just started laughing at him and he didn't nap. He's pretty crazy to begin with! haha.

Thanks for liking my view!

lol.. Hmm.. I was thinking of making Luke a bunny fathers day present but Morgan if I was your husband I would really LOVE you! That's a freaking awesome basket and I think you just gave me a great idea!!

I like your view :) It reminds me of when I used to live on a hobby farm as a kid. It was the best, I love living out in the country but I don't have all the time to keep the property nice and clean.

Your son is SO cute in that picture and I don't like children much.. :) You never showed us a picture of your hair?

Oh and Ellie's chewing maybe it's hormonal?

I love your views I can just imagine the green in the summer. What are the smells in the summer? And the sounds? Like i said I love the south and your descriptions of where you live sounds appealing :)

Your son is so cute I love all his hair. I was watching old videos of my son the other day and it made me sad missing him as a baby. They grow so fast! I was lucky and never had issues with him napping. He still naps about 4/7 days a week and he's 4 1/2. Immthankful because it's ME time when he naps! Haha

My eyes always play tricks on me, too! Sometimes when I have Doc out, I swear I see Dora in a cardboard box or something. Probably because she was black and the holes in the boxes are dark. :p

Oh man Michelle, I read the beginning of your post like five times because I thought you were quoting the part of my last post joking about making my Luke and bunny Father's Day gift.. I was so confused, bahaha.

Morgan, I am so jealous of your yard! I have been living in apartments for too long. And your son definitely doesn't approve of the baby burrito, but he should because that blanket looks super soft.

That blanket is AMAZING! I have like 3 of them. They are the best ever. They lock the heat from your body under them so you're warm from your own body heat. I love them. He has the smaller one and my husband and I have two queen sized ones.

Lisa, the smells here smell like...chicken ****. haha. JUST KIDDING! Most of the time I can't even smell them, I won't be able to smell them at all once I get the house refilled with sand instead of hay.
Anyway, the smell is usually butterfly bushes and whisteria and daffodils and fresh air and cut grass and hyacinth's and roses. I have 7 rose bushes around my house, they smell really good.
As for the sounds, since I live on a through road between two towns I hear cars all the time. But the nature sounds are my chickens, LOTS of wild birds, squirrels. The hawks scream all the time. Then at night the owls and the bull frogs and the toads and crickets. The bull frogs just started the other night. When I have my windows open at night, its the most peaceful sometimes seriously irritating sound you'll ever hear. Its really hard to have a conversation over the frogs outside at night.
I love it though.

I thought the basket idea for fathers day was a good idea too! I can't wait to make the coffee mugs. I need to go get my materials so I can make them right! haha. I think they're going to be hilarious. I'll take pictures when I make them!

It sounds absolute bliss there. Sounds of nature are wonderful but can be really annoying when you´re not used to them as I found out when I stayed at my friend´s house in the countryside. I had terrible trouble sleeping cos it was too quiet with sudden animal noises during the night...scared the crap out of me.

can´t wait to see your coffee mugs, bet they turn out really well. I saw such a cute money box today with a little kitten and a lop rabbit, it was too cute but one of those where you have to open it with a tin opener to get the money...yes, you guessed, they didn´t have that one left to buy only ones with doggies and as the one she on the counter has money in it, she couldn´t sell it to me.

I set the coffee for the next day. Since we don't use it (unless we have company) except for the morning I will actually get everything set up earlier in the afternoon but the coffee grounds so they stay fresh. I just add those at night and push the button that tells it to start in the A.M.

My husband is very practical and enjoys working. I have learned the one thing to get him at any time as a gift is tools. Well not just tools but anything he can use in the garage like a work light. Anything else he just sits aside and never looks at again. Unfortunately for me he has plenty of the normal type tools such as screwdrivers. Most of what he would like to have only he could pick out. There is not much in the way of tools or machinery that he doesn't have. he married the right one though because I love tools to. I really enjoy learning new skills and would rather spend my day looking at tools in sears or shopping at home depot than any other shopping. Except for shopping for the pets, that I enjoy too! Now I want to make him a tool basket. I'll have to think of something that looks like a basket but can be useful in a garage or house renovations.

You just made me remember, when my son was a baby I used to put him in a burrito all of the time. He wasn't a very happy baby but the burrito or his baby swing were two things that would calm him. I so miss my children being young!

My husband has all kinds of tools. I'm pretty sure that I couldn't get him any tools that he doesn't have, unless it was a replacement for something older or something that isn't working well. I'm going with food and stuff because he loves food and snacks and all those things that men like to eat.

You know that is a good idea to set the coffee maker in the afternoon before, that would make it easier to remember. So I wouldn't have to worry with it in the night time. haha. Or what will probably happen is what happens every morning. My son whines at me at the baby gate, I hand him some milk and then I stare at my coffee maker with one of those "if looks could kill" looks and it finally finishes brewing then I make a cup and my day gets instantly better. Every morning.

The guy is coming to get my rooster on Friday. I have to be honest, I'm a little sad about it and I almost told him I was keeping him. But I decided that he can give him a good life and he won't be attacking me anymore. That also means that I can get a rooster that is blue like I need and not related to any of my hens, so I won't have to worry about line breeding or inbreeding. Makes sense to me. I'm also keeping Big Blue, the blue baby roo. So he'll be my back up, so when I have a batch of hens from the unrelated rooster, I can breed Big Blue to them and they won't be closely related enough to cause issues. Now, the quest to find a good quality blue rooster for a reasonable price, who is *fingers crossed* NPIP certified AND not aggressive. But I'll take NPIP certified over aggressive any day! haha.
OHHH! Well, I almost lost the baby blue hen tonight! I noticed that the big hen is attacking the black babies too because she's a racist b-word. I went out to check to make sure the black babies got into the coop on their own and they weren't out in the yard still. So I went out with my oil lantern and I heard this really sad faint cheeping sound. I walked to the back of the coop and there was the baby blue hen caught between the chain link and the chicken wire! She was like a foot up and just sort of trapped/hanging there. So I got her out without doing any damage to her. I brought her into the kitchen and checked her out, no broken wings or legs. I put her in the dog crate by herself and covered her up. I am so glad that I went out to check on them, because she would have died in the fence and I would have felt terrible. I just have no idea how she got herself wedged in there though, its pretty snug. The big hen must have chased and she panicked and got through the chain link and didn't realize she couldn't get through the chicken wire too. That poor little baby, she has been tortured by her mom for 2 weeks and now she got trapped in the fence. I hope she's okay in the morning when I go out to check on them. I actually think I'm going to go check on her now to make sure she's okay.

Oh my goodness that's sad to think she would have died in that fence! What a way to go :( Glad you caught it.

I'm sure your rooster going to a new home is for the best but it's always hard to part ways. But you have it planned out well for what breed of rooster you need now so I think you are doing the right thing.

Speaking of coffee still, do you get a headache if you don't drink it? I think my body is already "addicted" to the caffeine because if I don't drink it my head hurts. I'm a "headachy" person anyway I get them all the time, but im second guessing picking up this coffee habit now! Hahaha

Latest posts

Back