Gypsy's Home thread .

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with Shadow today topick up her new Mini Rex Doeand stumbled acrossed this stunning Pieceof Dutch . I am going to incorperate himinto my Blue line With hopes ofGetting some nice chocolates and Blues ,( Im hoping this is how it will work )

IM000966.jpg

His Name is DD Bunny and comesfrom The same BreederStubby came home from, Thanks Sherry !!

I just took picturesof my Blue Tort litter and amhoping Starlight Rabbitry andPam take a look and can tell mewhat they think of the Two Black and white Babies .Out of 6 babies onl 2 are missmarked , Of courseBlue Tort Dutch are not recognised byyARBA which is a shame, this is abeautiful litter .

The Two Black and Whites , will pose them later :

balckdutchbabies.jpg

The whole Tort Litter together :

BlueTortLitter.jpg

gypsy wrote:
OneMore day left before I see if I have PalominoBabies, they will be of the lynx varietyfor my first breeding , hopefully it was asuccessful take !
The Golden Buck is much Lighter incolor that Tank is ,. His Genes willlighten Tanks Babies from thedeep brassy red to the nice Goldencolor Judges will be looking for , I amso excited .
Are there going to be Pal babies???

Are they from Tank and the Golden Buck???

I'm so behind! When did this happen?

Laura

Gypsy, Nice litter. To get alitter of Dutch that looks clean in the markings isawesome!!! The blacks look nice but look a little long in themidsection. They have long heads, however, I am only going bythe pics and would have to put my hands on them to better judgethem. They look like something to keep and tinker aroundwith. However, the blue torts I would not keep and would findhomes for them.

Just a comment on that chocolate buck you just picked up...Don't usehim in your blue line!!!!! You will get lilacswhich are cute but not recognized. Dutch breeders who raisechocolates and blues usually have seperate black lines foreach. For example, I raise only blacks and blues, when I buya black doe or buck, I make sure that there is no chocolate in thebackground. I had chocolates before and you only breed blacksto them that have no blues in the background. Generally,Chocolate Dutch breeders only breed chocolate to chocolate andoccasionally throw a black (with no blue in the background) into themix to darken up the chocolate.

Remember, this is only my opinion based on knowledge gained from fellow Dutch breeders.

Sharon

Sharon , It May be onlyYour Opinion but it is worthits weight In my Opinion I haveseen Your Dutch and am in Aweof them , especially the ones with theshort noses lol those are my Favs.Besides had I NOTtrusted and valued your opinionI would never have Pm'd and asked for it. I will get them posed upand see if the length is still there ,especially the Black and whites , I know its sohard to judge and tell what a babiespotential is while they are running around a cageplaying ," get that flash thingy awayfrom me " . Little stinkers , the onlyones staying still were the ones tryingto hide behind the moving ones. :X

Laura wrote:
gypsy wrote:
OneMore day left before I see if I have PalominoBabies, they will be of the lynx varietyfor my first breeding , hopefully it was asuccessful take !
The Golden Buck is much Lighter incolor that Tank is ,. His Genes willlighten Tanks Babies from thedeep brassy red to the nice Goldencolor Judges will be looking for , I amso excited .
Are there going to be Pal babies???

Are they from Tank and the Golden Buck???

I'm so behind! When did this happen?

Laura
No Laura the ding bat missed yetagain , this makes 2 miss'es for her now ,Im not sure who is or what isthe problem , They were going to be Lynx babies, Tank isnt due to be bred untilthe end of the month when I know she isin peak condition . Did I mention Ihad picked up 6 New Palominosfrom a Breeder in northern NH , these 6are excellent stock and very well takencare of . I will use the BuckSam to breed to Tank , his lightercolor will balance out her harsher morebrassy orange coloring , Itsan awsome Match .

gypsy wrote:
Iwill use the Buck Sam to breedto Tank , his lighter colorwill balance out her harsher more brassyorange coloring , Its anawsome Match .
Ooh! I can't wait to see those babies! Tank is going to be a great mom again.

Laura

Well, there goes my heart! I lost it to those baby dutches. They look like they're in the same type of cage that Tucks has.

Hey, Gypsy,

How's Tank's 'tude?

-Carolyn

Carolyn : Tanks Tude ?what Tude ? , honestly she has become themost super sweet Rabbit I have in hteBarn , She eagerly comes to the front of thecage for rubs and snuggles, she anticipates getting out ofher cage and comesout easily , no fighting , no wrestling . We hadone small incidence of a power struggle but she hasgiven up on trying to be a pushy rabbit . MaybeMiss Psycho Bunny realizes Psycho Momcould very well get the Better of her ?

I asked SLG to name this litttle blackand white Dutch baby : SLG Pm'd me thismorning with the name MIlly! , I feelso special , to have a littlegirl Name My Bunny After her Gram Milly .

So Introducing Grammy Milly:

GrammyMilly.jpg

:tears2: That's so awesome that Tank's 'tude isgone. See that! She had it the whole time because she couldn't wait toget to her Forever Home.

So Youuuuu'reee the one SLG was trying to send a PM to! She called methis morning because she was concerned that a PM didn't go through. :)

Milly!! :inlove:

You Sooo Rock for letting her pick a name. :elvis:

That is Too Cool, and Milly fits her perfectly.

:blueribbon:

-Carolyn

How's the baby doing, Gypsy?

Did she make it through the night?

-Carolyn

YES!!! Cheddar isdoing well this morning the stinker!:mad: scare the life out of me just inorder to fill his selfish needof being a house bunny! He loves it in hte house, he isnt showing any more signs of twitching (mini seizure type issues ) . He has also regained balance ,and energy , I am wonderingmaybe he got too cold ? im not sure , but for awhile it was very touch and go with him .

The Kittens decided he was small enoughto torment lol , I looked over and had to grab thecamers thisis what I saw.

IM000016.jpg

Notice the look of concern on that baby rabbits face !:laugh:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Good job withCheddar. Gladyou killed the bug!

That kitten is too cute.

-Carolyn

I'm SO glad the baby is doing better thismorning....I think there's a rumor goin around your bunny barn..."actsick and she'll bring you in the house"....one by one they are slowlyworking their way inside.. :D

Seriously though...good job catching that the lil one was sick..I'm soglad that once again you were able to pull another one through...theyare SO lucky to have you!

Ya Know PGG before toolong ALL the brats will be in the house, at this rate @!

sets the scene!

2 bedroom Trailer ! 2 Adult cats ! 4 kittens ! 2 Doves ! AConjure! A Parolette ! 2 Snakes ! and 50 something Rabbits , plus a kidMe and the Hubby!!!!!

SCARES!!!!! ME !!!!!!:scared: :faint:

JimD:

Thumb is doing better , still cant bendit like before but hey ya learn to live with it ,yet again , freakin cold makes it throub worse thana tooth ache but oh well , thats what gloves aremade for .

Susan: ummmm Did I forget to tell you , when thePartridge fell out of the Pear Tree, we made a nicesauce out of the Pears and Ate the little blaghart.LOL .

Some Days it sure does feel like I am running a Zoo , fun fun fun !!!!!

LOL I was going to get picturestonight Tiff but unfortunately itdidnt turn out as good as I would have liked , Welost one of the Tort babies tonight , I guess hehadnt pulled far enough out of it andjust expired.

Latest posts

Back