Gypsy's Home thread .

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I went lookingfor my other posts onthe day to daystupidity that so often strikesme down , but unfortunately Icouldnt find it , So from hereon I will be posting Picturesand good old fashoned , foolishness .Lets start with tonights primeexample :

First off I need a coffee to get this started .

My day wentnormally for a change , shouldhave known it was way toogood to be true .

Tonight as I was going downto tend the rabbits,I was fixin to walk outthe door when I noticed theFreezer door was openedslightly , I pulled the dooropen , and sure enough mosteverything was thawing orwas thawed out.

Well Prorities first, Get the Rabbits set for thenight then comeback up anddeal with the mess in the freezer .Rabbits were all goodeeveryone begging atttentionand begging to be noticed, ( sure they knewthe feed bag was walking thruthe door ) . Got every oneset for the night , time to come upand deal with the freezer .

As I walked thru thesoor sputtering and using somelanguage no one hasheard before ,I start taking out and throwingthe overly thawed that couldntbe salvaged , I came upon2 boxes of theFrench breadPizza's and figured wellpartially thawed can be usedfor dinner , alongwith totally thawed Spinich ,ok sounds simpleenough I took all thethawed meats that couldbe cooked up tonight,brought everything in andwas preparing the roasts for bake off, the Pizza was in theoven nearly ready to comeout . Now this iswhere the fun begins :

Got the roasts ready to goin as soon as the pizza cameout , Grabbed theTowel to pull out the tray , gotit half way out andgeesh what the heck my handand arm is getting too warm ,what is this , I lookand Yikes the DarnedTowel caught fire , flamesare by this time racing upwardsto my fingers , wellthats getting a might toodarned warm sooooooo Ideide put the tray in the other handso not to drop the pizza's ,all was working finetill I realizedHOLY CRAP ! thathurts, whats the problem here. Itfinally dawns on meHey Dummy yourburning the heck out of your other hand ,and all the while I am stomping on thestupid towel trying to putit out.

Did it occure to me tograb that fire extinguisher 2 ft awayheck NO ~ did it occure to meto put the darned tray down ontop of the stove ,~ you've gotto be kidding , nope iam stomping away , baking myhand on the tray and all the whilethinking this is really stupid ., FinallyI get the brain power toactually drop the hot pan.luckily through the good gracesof iggnorance or something Thepan actually landed face up sothe pizza wasnt a total loss .and in the process of landing it landedon the towel and smothered theflames . score one for the braindead broad .

So to make a shortstory long I am sitting here withthe back and fingers of my lefthand burned from theflames and the webbingbetweenthe thumb andindex finger with a blisterthe size of a silver dollar andthe thumb its selfblistered from top to bottom, thankfully the only burnthat hurts that i can feelis the webbingand part of the the bottom part ofthe index finger .

My one saving grace thru all thisis I have long enoughfingernails where no part of myfingers have to actually touchthe keyboard.

Sounds like MY kind of day Gypsy, we will haveto remember, should we ever meet that we don't do anything but sit andtalk. Neither one of us should move in case there is a sharpknife or scissors close by LOL

Sorry to hear about your injury. Nothing worse than burns, that is for sure.

Susan

Omigosh...Gypsy!! That sounds pretty serious...have you seen a doctor to make sure there's no potential longterm damage?

I'm so sorry to hear that happened...burns can be incredibly painful...I hope your hand heals quickly....:(

ok seriously, I hope all is well with your handand you dont have anything too serious. If you have a burnand cant feel it, then you need to get it chescked out.

Now the not so serious, Are the pizza and the pan ok?

LOL Let me explain aboutthe burn that I cant feel, no need topanick bout it , About 15yrs give or take , I wasopening a can with a canopener and after it wasopened i wasnt paying attention , WellElectric can openers had a habit backthen of letting the can dropabout 1/4 inche leaving a small gapbetween the lid and the can (due to a magnet holding it up ) .For someone my sizeNow back then I was very tiny ,and only wore a size 4 ring ,Very small hands ,

Iwas attempting to remove the can, while looking at my ex Husband ,reache over to get teh canand felt a pinch and the canfell to the floor . LookingI saw That my thumbhad manageed to make it tothe sharp edge of the can andit sliced the verylastKnuckle the onejust before it gets to your hand .

I knew right then and thereI had done somethingmajor Because I couldntfeel the cut , and stood therefor a couple minutes playing withthe smiley face , My HUsband atthe time was an EMTas was I , so we knewpretty much what I had done,lol, He was all Tweaking outand yelling about getting tothe ER before it gottoo bad , yada yada yada ,

Got to the hospital and theycleaned it up stitched it and Iwent home . NO big right ?Wrong !,something wasnt right the nextmorning my thumb was laying in the palmof my hand , Icouldnt move it , Went back to t heER they said it was nothingnot too worry about it , itwould be fine once itgot out of shock ? never figured that oneout . 2 weeks went byand Still couldnt movethe thumb , stupid thingalwyays flopped in the breeze , wasnt usefullnothing , Called a Dr in Mass,and went to see him for theproblems .After a quick checkand xray He came to theconclusion that I had Cutthe Tendon , both Blood vesselsand the encapsulator over the bone ie: allthe fluid in hte joint escaped .

So 2 hrs of surgery later , everythingrepaied as best as possible because ofthe time frame ,( Hesaid It should havebeen done the night I cutthe Thumb ), Now I have a thumbthat only the very tip barelybends , and has nofeeling. they couldnt findthe nerve . But did manage toreattach the tendon and one blood vessel.Resulting in no feeling in thethumb and the reasonI cant feel the burn, I can see it so Iknow it is there .

No big I have learned how to getaround the loss of t he thumb ,Hence the burn to the webbingof my hand and nofinger tips burned . I do have to becarefull tho , whenbringing my right hand anywherenear someones face orbody , the Thumbnever meets to relax,its always stright out ,leaving me wide open toPick someones nose thehard way, or slicethier face open with a Nail, which I since learned tokeep very short . I also have tobe very carefull andremember when Picking upRabbits to use the left hand ,so Not to damagetheir eyes , or pokethat thumb in an ear .

LOL Irish Mist : I try veryhard to stay away from sharpobjects and potential harm, but as luck would have itit Finds me . most times when Ileast expect it . I like to think ofit as a Cosmic slapto remind me to pay attention to whatsgoing on around me lol .

Sweet Peas Dad : LMAO The Pizzasurvived nicely, and was actually pretty good, I had Never triedWhite Pizza before , andthink maybe I will switch offthe Normal variety .But I think I will leet the LocalPizza place make itfrom now on lol .

Buns for Life I wouldnever pop or cover a burn, Best thing to do to keepthe burning to a minimum is topop ones hand into hot water ,it raises the temperture around thearea to the same degree as theburn , relieving pain andblistering , All and all thismorning it isnt so badI can live with it .

Oh Gypsy!

You poor thing! I do hope your hands heal quickly. Burns are the WORST !!!!:(

Please be careful. I'm glad you have a sense of humor aboutit! (I do stuff like that all the time, but the worse part ofit is listening to my husband remind me how clutzy I am... like this isa Revelation? ...or reminding me continuously at the top ofhis lungs will change things???)

Take care and don't let them get infected... not having sensation can be blessing and a curse.

Cathy

I thinkClutz should have been mymiddle name lol .

My Husband also hasthis Evil Mowing Deck that attaches tothe tractor , No Matter wherethat stupid thing is in theYard it knows whereI will be and If Isneak out to get around it the Sneakymiserable thing will find meand Lay there and wait . Iturn My back and itJumps in behind meand just waits for me to move , Nextthing I know I am flat on myback looking at the clouds. The EvilPossessed thing got me 3 timesin one week , I madehim get rid of it , But I stilllook around to be sureit didnt drag its sorry selfback .

I don't usually edit people's topics, but yoursI did. It just enraged me that you put the word stupidity in itstitle. I'm sorry but you are far from stupid and I won't haveyouand it in the same dialogue. It's unfair to youand the rest of us that rely on your expertise, knowledge, andcompassion.

Now...

Starting over again.

Hey Gypsy!! :hug:

God, I'm so sorry to hear about your hand! How are youdoing? My heart goes out to you. I'll be praying that itheals quickly. I'm sure you're doing everything you can, atleast I hope, to nurture it back to health. My heart goes outto you. I'm so sorry!

-Carolyn

Carolyn, I just wanted to say that Iama member at about 100 million different forums and asidefrom SOME of the Christian ones, the admins dont usually even post intheir own forums or they just act like they dont care about theirposters. I must say it is truly refreshing and a totalblessing to come here and see you interact wioth your members and tosee how you care. I just want to say thank you and I am proudand happy to be here as a member, however new I may be. GodBless.

Here is a little aside to everyone. My name is D.J.I say this because it will be so much easier for you to type it outthan Sweet Peas Daddy:laugh: If you want to call me sweetpeas dady that's fine, but I tend to know that when I am posting, Ilike to eliminate any unneeded excess typing. I just thoughtthis would help. God Bless all

D.J.

OH NO, careful with that area with no feeling, Ihave a spot on my leg from reconstructive knee surgery #1 and have tobe careful if I get cuts there that they don't get infected...cuz whenya can't feel it..its hard to know!! Hope everything heals ok!

Carolyn wrote:
Idon't usually edit people's topics, but yours I did. It just enraged methat you put the word stupidity in its title. I'm sorry butyou are far from stupid and I won't have youand it in thesame dialogue. It's unfair to you and the rest of us thatrely on your expertise, knowledge, and compassion.

Now...

Starting over again.

Hey Gypsy!! :hug:

God, I'm so sorry to hear about your hand! How are youdoing? My heart goes out to you. I'll be praying that itheals quickly. I'm sure you're doing everything you can, atleast I hope, to nurture it back to health. My heart goes outto you. I'm so sorry!

-Carolyn
LOL Caroly itsok I dont mind you Editingme lol . Makesme feel special lol .
Silly thing isit isnt the first norwill probibly be the last timethat I reach and grab ontosomething hotter than itshould be , Improne to burns andfoolish nonsense , Problem is Idont think, I react , perfect example ,
Snake had a rat that wasntcooperating , I went to reachin to remove the Rat figuringit was a refusal , Had the Snake not movedand I hadnt seen it out ofthe corner of my eyeShe would have struck Me, pulled out just in time ,
or another time , Jumpstarting a car off the Starter lol ,ONE Does not! and Iemphasze Does Not put ones hand onthe radiator and then putthe screwdriver on the starter ,ZAP!!!:::::::::::::::::::: , yep armtingled for days after thatepisode , I certainly have mymoments where stupidityoften takes over the better partof good judgementBut its a silly me thing lol .

Wow, gypsy, what a day!!!!! lolololol

You weren't kidding!:shock:

Personally, I tend to walk into walls, but have done the grab-the-hot-pan also.:p

Rose

P.S. for some reason tea tree oil/melaleuca oil works wonders on burns.I've used it many times and it makes it stop hurtingandreduces scarring.

Owie Gypsy! You have had a tough dayyesterday. I hope your hand is doing better. TheTea Tree Oil is good for taking out the sting of a burn.Castor oil is also good for smoothing out the skin that isscared.

:eek:rangepansy:

:foreheadsmack:Oh Gypsy!

You take such good care of your charges, your family and your friends, but you neglect yourself.

Please, Dear Heart, be careful with you. You're too special and we need you to stay healthy.

:star:

-Carolyn

Slinkies Arabbits best Friend lolI jst had to Show offthis silly rabbits newtoy , She is such a Nut case, I think I put that silly thingback up 5 times before givingup and just letting Her have her way withit lol .

IM000527.jpg

Oh ya nearly forgot :

The Evil Jingle Ball toy : Shejust had to Kill that before it got her ,I rolled it toward herand she jumped nearly 2 ft inthe air hit the bottom of thecage and pounced it like Itneeded a good Thrashing .

IM000528.jpg

What a gorgeous bun, Gypsy! She certainly looks to be having a great time...! :D

The Evil Jingle Ball toy : She just had to Kill that before itgot her , I rolled it toward her and she jumped nearly 2 ft in the airhit the bottom of the cage and pounced it like It needed a goodThrashing .
LOL! I would love to have seen that!

Theres a BeautifulCastor Rex in there with her by sheis kinda shy and standoffish, she looked at thetoys like Ya so what ,Big deal it makes noise" hopped over to her favoritecorner and flopped out , Somuch for a first impression lol

IM000539.jpg

This little Love is Lady J

Latest posts

Back