Fluffball being spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Becca wrote:
I was so worried! When the phone rang my heart was going BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM really fast and then mum goes we're picking her up at 5:20 i was like pheeww!
I know I don't know what I'll be like with mine, I really just want to stay with them even though the vets I picked seems really good

To be honest, I have never had a girl eat the night of her spay. I personally (and I'm not by any means saying you should do this) leave them be, with a buffet, until the next morning, then I sart trying to tempt them. The latest one ate was Dopey 1 and that was at 1.58pm that next day and my GOD I was relieved.

I'm not sure you could, to be honest.

I'll see if I can stop the order if it hasn't already been sent.

Okay - if not I will send it back to you when it comes :)

The thing is we have NOTHING to give her :(
No veggies... can she eat baby tomatoes?
Pepper? Can rabbits eat pepper?

Becca stayed over night so I do not know when she started eating, I just know as soon as I got her home she nibbled a bit. Soon after she went off her foo due to the pain. That is when I had to go to a DIFFRENT vet for pain medicine. Luckly my new vet is very willing to give pain medicine but it is so much more expensive from them. I plan to get it from our dog vet, much cheaper.

Flashy wrote:
I'm not sure you could, to be honest.

I'll see if I can stop the order if it hasn't already been sent.
They practically work the same way though and you can heat other things like it in the oven, maybe google it and see.

She should only have what she is used to.

If you have grass outside that is not treated, a little bit of that might tempt her, but not lots.

I would suggest getting something tomorrow if you can.

Don't stress though Becca, she will feel that, be very calm. I know that's easier said than done, but you have to do it, for her.

My doe Suki started eating the minute I got her home from the vets, and I wasn't given pain meds for her, So don't worry too much about fluffball not eating.

I went and collecting grass from outside :D Now my hand has gone numb lol its been raining ALL day here!!!! YUK
She is bunny flopping ALOT I never seen her do it before! Its wierd Ben bunny flopped when he was neutered and has been doing it ever since - I never saw him flop before! Now he does it all the time! Wierd!

the shelter bunnies that are spayed often do not eat right away although if they are going to eat it will be something like parsley. Be careful and don't give a lot of fresh grass but just a little ( like tracy said). Hydration is more important than feeding right now so if you want to syringe her fluid like (pedialyte or an equivalent electrolyte drink for kids) that is fine.
I have had many spays home with me and the vets (shelter rabbits) will not give pain meds. The rabbits all seem to 'come out of it " about the 3rd day. I can not question the vets that donate services to the shelter so have to put up with the no pain meds (although I do have metacam here)

Iwould be very careful re. putting a snuggle safe in the oven, I barely know what it is but I don't want you to start a fire. A hot water bottle would be fine. Tracy has been so very nice to you through out this ( sending you a snuggle safe etc); she is a good friend to you .

Anyway don't worry too much about fluffball as i'm sure that she will be OK. Does she have sutures or did they do laser. I think the ones with sutures need pain meds more.

angieluv wrote:
Tracy has been so very nice to you through out this ( sending you a snuggle safe etc); she is a good friend to you .

Anyway don't worry too much about fluffball as i'm sure that she will be OK. Does she have sutures or did they do laser. I think the ones with sutures need pain meds more.
Shes been more than a friend - shes awesome she actually BROUGHT me a snugglesafe! As a present!!!! Thanks Tracy seriously your so great...

She has sutures.... I have given her so grass - tomorrow we will go to the shop and get her some veggies she likes - she likes brocolli - she has the hot water bottle. :)
Thanks for all the help guys!

Back