Fluffball being spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
Its nearly the day!!
Mum phoned up today and booked her in for next Thursday!!!

Any tips - help advice please tell me - I've never had a bunny spayed before.

Thanks

:p

You've got my article. That covers spays as well as neuters.

Most importantly MAKE sure you get pain meds. Don't be fobbed off by a vet saying you don't need them, because you do. Or rather, she does.

Oh yeah I have that - (derr) is it still alright for you to send me the snuggle safe thing? I don't mind if not I will use a hot water bottle again.... :)

I will get pain meds - defo!!

Yes, I will send it. Sorry. Things have been a nightmare here at the mo. I hadn't forgotten though, just not got round to it.

Defintely pain meds!! i second that .

Clean area where she will be laying, no jumping for a while, keep an eye on the area, Belle pulled her stitches out as soon as i got her home,lol we had to head back so they could put them back in.

Good luck to her, and calm nerves to you. I know how nerve wracking it can be, i think you get more stressed with a spay then a nueter, oh and keep us updates on how she is doing

Flashy wrote:
You've got my article. That covers spays as well as neuters.

Most importantly MAKE sure you get pain meds. Don't be fobbed off by a vet saying you don't need them, because you do. Or rather, she does.
Well My suki didn't need any pain meds, the minutes Suki went back into her cage she started eating drinking pooing and weeing. I would wait till you get her home and see how she is, That is what my vet told me, And plus becca you don't have the money to spent on pain meds if you don't actually need them, Plus anyway if she does need them you can just ring the vet. Oh and on a side note, I really believed that Suki would pull out her stitches but she didn't so don't worry so much that is were I went wrong, I nearly died with worry when I brought her home.

I have to say that I think pain meds are vital in spays. I'm no expert and don't pretend to be, but I've been through 4 spays now with my girls and the first 3 times, we didn't get pain meds to take home, and they were looking terrible the next day, warranting a trip back to the vets. Not eating, not pooing, huddled in the corner, shaking etc. The 4th time we weren't going to let Dotty get spayed without pain meds, and our new rabbit-savvy vet agreed. They are quite invasive ops- I know I wouldn't want someone doing anywhere near that scale of op on me and sending me home without anything!

I'm trying to remember how much a measured amount of metacam is and I think we paid about £10 for it- I can't remember how many doses it was now but it was more than enough (nowadays we just buy the whole bottle because we never know when we'll need it and it's good to have some around just in case, plus our insurance usually covers it), and more than worth it for the girls recovering better. :)

Like I said, I'm no expert but I just wanted to share my experience having had 4 females spayed

I wish Fluffball the best of luck Becca- I shall be thinking of her! Will you still be on Easter holidays then? If so, even better because you'll be at home to watch her and take care of her :)

Good luck! Moussey and I are going to meet the new vet Monday. I am hoping she is the one, sh is going to be put through the ringer xD Specally after the crap with Adam's, it still makes me mad thinking about it.

Are you getting laser? Becca's was with laser and interal stitched with glue and she ready has loads of fur down the cut. She only need the Metacam for 4 days too. they say the laser really speeds things up.

I would defo get pain meds for her too Becca ;)Good luck with the spay Fluffball! At least with you she will havea brilliant chance of recovery!

Yes its going to be the Easter holidays - thats why we booked it now :)
We'll ask for pain meds definetly... but last time we asked they said they give them one lots that lasts for a while. Fingers crossed we can get them.

If they say that Becca, don't take no for an answer. The injection only lasts for a short amount of time, and they definitely need more pain meds than that injection.

Shame I haven't got any to send you but I need mine right now, sorry :(

I know I definitely wouldn't want to be 'spayed' and have all that removed without sufficient pain meds, for at least a few days.

Back