Flemish Needs a Home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binky Bunnies

Reaction score
A friend of mine who bought one of Atticus'sisters needs to find a home for the little girl. She's the same ageand coloras Atticus and is also spayed. Almost a twin of mybaby LoL.My friend is moving so at the moment the bun isstaying with me. She's willing to ship but I'm notsure ifthat's such a good idea. But if shipping really isn't all that big of adeal,if any of you could get the word out that she needs ahome, she'd really appreciate it. She's willing to pay all of theshipping as long as she knows that the bun will be going to a goodhome. Thanks everyone :)

I'd love to give that baby a new home, but I livein Austin, TX. Shipping that far is just not good for abun. I sure hope you find someone closer to CA to take thebun.

Actauly there is a rabbit railroad! It is a yahoogroup. As long as rabbits are in a rabbit carrier they seem to do okayat least mine do. I take mine to shows that way sometimes up to 14hours away. I think that it helps to have other rabbits in the car withthem. It would be well worth it for her if she can end up ina great home. There is also some people that will transport animals tonew homes. They are very good too. You dont have to just put them in abox and ship them any more there is alot of great options available.Ill post the link to the rabbit railroad in a second.

Carolyn- The bun is 5 months old.

We think we might have found a prospective owner in AZ- she already hasa year old flemish and is looking for a companion for the bun. The onlyproblem is that we aren't sure how to go about getting her down there.

About the Rabbit Rail Road...now I think I understand the concept of itbut would my friend have to join with the two year membership just toget the bun into AZ? We're not quite clear on how it all works.

Too bad, if we could've figured something out to get the little one to CT, I may have seriously considered it.

I didn't realize the Rabbit Railroad worked like that either. Bummer!

-Carolyn

Carolyn- Well..the only thing we're a bit bummedabout with the girl in AZ is the fact that she can't pay for anything.We would have to pay for shipping costs, the kennel, e.t.c..She's onlya teenager so it's going to take her quite a long time to save up tohelp out with the costs. I can't have two big flemish in this dinkylittle apt. for much longer LoL. If there was any way of being able toget the girl over to you Carolyn, I think both my friend and I wouldfeel much more comfortable having someone with your expertise take inthe big girl. Again, the only problem would be finding a way to get herover there.

Hi Binky Bunnies,

Well, I've always wanted a Flemish, but the problem definitely residesin getting the rabbit from California to CT. I'mstrapped at the moment for money myself.

I guess it's best you go with what you've got because the expenseincurred to get the rabbit here would be very high. I'm notinto adoptingany more rabbits than what I have,butthe idea of a Flemishdoesappeal. They're such a great breed.

I suppose it's not meant to be. Bummer.

-Carolyn

I calculated up the cost and from what I can seeit would be roughly around the same rate but if you really are tight oncash, then I suppose you're right. Thanks for offering up to thinkabout taking in the girl anyways Carolyn :)

Hopeyou find a good home for her, Binky.

-Carolyn

I'm taking that Rabbit!

She doesn't have a name, so just have to figure that out, but no big deal.

I'm nervous, but excited.

:)

-Carolyn

Ohh Carolyn that is awesome! Your such afantabulous bunny parent, I must come to Tucker Town sometime before mydeparture out of this country of mine and visit all your kids, bringingmine would be another story BUT alls I have to say is...

WOOHOO congrats on your soon to be new addition to your already amazing little family :)

pls check your PM's

xo Much bunnylove, Cher and your happy nieces Jezebel and Jaden

Thanks for your positive comments. I've completely lost my mind.

I'm not worried about Tucker liking her. Tucks seems toprefer big women...you should've seen him with Missy; it's Fauna theone that will wish to show the new woman who's the Queen.

They say that the Flemish are very non-aggressive and compatible with other rabbits, we'll see.

Either way, if it doesn't work out, I've already found another lovinghome for her, so no matter what, the baby girl will be in aresponsible, loving, and happy home.

I can't even tell people around me that I'm adopting another becausetheir comments aren't positive about it, but then again, there arechoices that others have made in their lives that I wouldn't make, so Iguess time will tell if it was a good move or a bad one for me.

-Carolyn

Woohoo!! That is awesome Carolyn! I want aFlemish BAD too but am aware that with three rabbits, I need to wait onthat one. We don't have the room or the money for a fourth rabbit atthis time.

I'm so happy for you and so happy for the little bun bun. I can't wait to hear what you call her, and how it goes.

Thanks Steph, and thank you so much for your email, Dearest Cher.

I can't wait to get her. This'll be the best Xmas presentI'll get for myself. Maybe I'll even have her by T-daydepending upon flight availability.

I will bond Tucker and Fauna and put them in one cage, then go out and get a dog crate for my new baby girl.

I'm in shock over this. Everyone in my immediate circle of friends and family are right, I'm nuts to do this!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back