Flemish Needs a Home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BunnyMommy wrote:
Everybody's getting another bunny butme!!!!!!
What am I, nobody? :pI'm not getting another bunny although I desperately want another!

I'm in love with Flemish Giants and Hollands, both of which Carolyn owns... one stop for both my favorites!

*Adds Cali to her bunny nap list.*

Well, the last timeI looked at thisthread Carolyn was saying "oh well, bummer,some things just don't work out." Then I happened to noticethat the thread kept getting a lot of attention. Now I see why! Woman,you are going to have your hands full!

Raspberry

3_13_10.gif

Hi,

The dog crates work good, I have two of them. I like to fill mine withstraw for them they realy seem to like them with straw inthebottom of them and they hold the straw nicely as well. Acovered cat litter box works fine for a flemish. The xtra large onesthat is. LOL. That is what I use for some of my guys. I dont like thedog crates though because 1. they are very heavy so cant easily getmoved. 2. Mine crack the plastic tray that are on the bottom so I haveto be carefull not to put a rabbit in them that stomps alot, and I haveto make sure that it has a deep layer of straw in them because thosetrays arnt cheap. The other thing is make sure that you get one thatthe tray locks in place. I use to have one that you just had to slideout the tray, well the rabbits either would push the tray out on theirown, or run around and their weight would shift the tray and they wouldfall over when that happend, so i always worried about them gettinghurt when that happend. Some of them now have a little bar that you canslide and lock them so check for that.

I make my own cages. My cages are wire bottom but... I cover all of thewire with drywall. The only place that I leave open is the corner wherethey go to the bathroom, and then also a area big enough for them tostretch out on. I do this because I found that flemish are kind of lazyto clean all of themselfs right away. So that way if they get hot,sweaty or wet, or you got one of those long haired sandies then theycan just stretch out on that spot and get air to underneath of them.They use it alot espacaily when they get done running around. It worksreally well. That may be something to think about. I actauly now ratherdo the covered wire bottom cage than the solid bottom cage. Mostlybecause I can get the wire bottom cages made to the size that I wantcheaper. Maybe check into some of the rabbit suppliers. You can get abig wire cage alot cheaper than a dog crate and you can get a solidbottom cage from a rabbit supplier as well.

could build a cage out of the NIC cubes sized to fit and a coroplast floor, then you can make it any size you desire.

Thanks for the suggestions on the cages, folks! I did think of those cubes, Gabby.

You ladies are much more handy than I at making things. I went out andgot the biggest dog crate I could find. My baby girl arrives tomorrowat 5:30 p.m. if all goes accordingly.

Tucker and Fauna look sooo adorable bonded. :) They're in the samecage, I don't know why I didn't do it a year ago, but I didn't until Ihad to. I've got the area all ready for Cali to arrive. Explained thewhole thing to Tucks and Fauna-Girl. We'll see what happens. I'mkeeping my fingers crossed that they'll all get along well. Won't pushit. Will let Cali settle in the first couple of days before I attemptto see how having the three of them out together will go - if I thinkit's feasible through the way they act towards each other.

Umm, Laura? This is not a one-stop shop. I know I have your favorites,but this shop has nothing for sale - keep moving along, Chicky. There'snothing else to see here. ;)

My little baby currently weighs 8 lbs. That's more than Tucker and Fauna together. :shock:

Don't worry that my Tucks and Fauna won't get any attention. Each oneof them has their own personality and only they can fill the specialplace in my heart that only they own. Tucks has taught me so much andhe's been with me the longest, so he's like my 'first-born'. Fauna -well, she's just and angel-girl who never gets in trouble, isindependent, but loves me so much. It melts me when she hops up to meand puts her little chin down on the floor to pet her. She's such abeauty. And Cali, well, I can't tell you specifics yet about what Ilove about her, but I already love her as much as the other two. I'vealways wanted a Flemish and I'm sure she'll not disappoint. She'll be atrouble-bubble at times because she's such a baby, but I know thatshe'll have me wrapped.

Yup, more cleaning, more space, etc., but it's okay. I've gotten anopportunity to love and be loved by three of God's most wonderfulcreatures. I'll try to focus more on the binkies than the poop.

:)

Very excited over here in CT.

Binky Bunnies and her mother have gone 1,000 extra miles for Cali. Theyhad her dumped on them by Binky's friend and rather than giving herback to the breeder, they are going through the expense and trouble ofgetting her over here to me to ensure she'll have a good home. They'reamazing people. People who we need more of in this world. The friend'sfamily that originally owned Cali basically has washed her hands ofwhat happens to her.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank Binky Bunnies for notgiving up on Cali, taking a personal hit for getting her to a goodhome, and caring for her the way you have. What goes around comesaround and your day will come.

-Carolyn

Well I might just borrow... ;)

And don't forget Tucks, my boys would love to meet their Polish cousin. ;)

BunnyMommy,

It's like you got a new bunny! I mean, you got Sherman back didn't you?:pNow he's so much more spoiled that he's a different bunny!;)

Carolyn wrote:

...Very excited over here in CT.

Binky Bunnies and her mother have gone 1,000 extra miles for Cali. Theyhad her dumped on them by Binky's friend and rather than giving herback to the breeder, they are going through the expense and trouble ofgetting her over here to me to ensure she'll have a good home. They'reamazing people. People who we need more of in this world. The friend'sfamily that originally owned Cali basically has washed her hands ofwhat happens to her.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank Binky Bunnies for notgiving up on Cali, taking a personal hit for getting her to a goodhome, and caring for her the way you have. What goes around comesaround and your day will come.

It is nice to know that there are still people out there like that andI agree with you wholeheartedly, that acts of kindness such as their'sdo not go unnoticed by the Power(s) that be and they will be rewardedsome how, some day, in some way! I firmly believe that.

Buck

OH that's so great Carolyn! You'll have to take lots of pictures and tell us all about your new baby!

I'm so jealous! I'd LOVE a Flemish Giant! Can'tfind many breeders near me though! :( They must beout there somewhere...

Carolyn wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions on the cages, folks! I did think of those cubes, Gabby.

You ladies are much more handy than I at making things.
wecould teach you;) I'm sure you could be a very promising student LOL and be sure to sharepics, you should have met he by the time this is posting.. ooo i'mgiddy for you:D

Well, Cali's flight arrived 15 minutes early and I made the baggage guy take her off first. :)

Binky Bunny had made sure to give her some celery, pellets, andcarrots, and she lined the bottom of her cage with a diaper. I thoughtthat was incredibly clever of her. Never heard of that before, but itworked like a charm.

She was very still and quiet on the way home and I just talked withoutthe music on. Came home, and when I let her out of her travel cage andput her in her dog crate: :shock: Wooo! Those ears, feet, and tail areHuge!

I had her out a bit, but then put her in her cage for the other two to see her. She just kept drinking and drinking her water.

Let Tucker and Fauna out to see her, no boxing, no rudeness by anyone.Tucker went nose-to-nose to her, and Fauna tried to stick her nosethrough the cage and eat some of Cali's oats and pellets that are inthe bowl on her floor.

Cali is so mellow. She's already binkied for me a couple of times, andwhen I had called Buck Jones and the Missus to tell them all about her,she just sat at my side and let me pet her for so long. The minute Iwalk by her or she comes to me, she puts her chin down to presentherself for petting. She's very beautiful, and looks more like a harethan a rabbit to me. Guess it's those ears.

Tucks and Fauna are cuddling in their cage at this point and Cali'sresting on the rug in front of her cage. Tucker and Fauna are gettingas much pets from me as Cali is.

All is well.

:) :) :)

-Carolyn

Alright then, I guess the only thing we need now are pictures!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D

If no one can have the bunnyI might want her! I live in Orange county CA. Please PM me if she stillneeds a home! thanks

-Susie**~

Glad to hear everything went well with Cali's trip. Can't wait to see photos!!!

Pam

Great News! So glad to hear the arrival went well!Will be anxiously waiting formore details and lots ofphotos!

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back