Dyky71's Photo Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
IntroducingRupert...

These are Rupert's half-brothers and sisters. They don'tcurrently live with Rupert right now, but that is up for discussion,I'm told. Someone has their eye on one of those little whitebabies. These pictures were taken when they (Flemish) were 2weeks old.

ohhh that rupert is one spunky bunny boy,what a handsome guy :hearts:

awwww,and just look at those sweet little babies:)

Thank you to Carolyn for starting this thread!

Cheryl13- He is a big rotten sweetie! I won't tell him you said he was handsome.I don't want it to go to his head !

Nicky Snow- I love the name Rue for your daughter!

KatyG- I am glad you like his color. It is called "Light Grey" in Flemish

Awwwwwwww them babies are adoreable. I wish wecould have baby flemmies hopping around the house. I love the whiteone. I wanted a white flemmie but Meathead was bought for myhubby so he chosed the fawn colour one since Dan (mambo101) had Fonzie.

I like the name Rue really pretty. I love em all.

Nicky Snow -So sorry for the mistake. Of course they are your babies as much as any human:D

Sweet peas mommie- They are adorable. I would have all of them if I could!

dajeti2- Thanks for the compliment on Rupert! And Apollo was myinspiration for getting a white Flemish. I felt I knew him from allyour posts and pictures. I can only hope our little white one will behalf the bunny your Apollo was. He is a legend here. I am soo sorry ifthe white Flemish picture made you sad even for a moment.

Dyky I felt the same way when I became a memberhere in the forum and Apollo's Acres was the very first post I openedand fell in love with sweet Apollo. That is how we ended up with aflemmie. Boy MeatHead is the sweetest lil boy. Today I opened the topcage to greet him and he just touched my nose and started to lick meuntil I closed the door. I felt bad.

Tell you what flemmies would be my first choice of a bun to own whilehaving kids if we ever have kids cause they are more mellow andstronger to handle than the smaller breeds but my only thing would bethe strong bites. Other than that flemmies are the best buns there is.I have owned 2 mini/holland lops for 2 years and they are sweet but notas sweet as MeatHead.

This is Ivan the Horrible. The storiesaround this little Mischief Maker are unbelieveable. Talkabout 'Tude!! Don't let his beautiful good looks fool you.

Here's Scrappy, Ivan's son. Don't know if his attitude isanything like his father's, but another beautiful baby boy!

dajeti2 wrote:
That white baby is tugging at my heart strings pretty good.

I could see that coming. What beautiful babies, though, ey?

Two white rabbits: One for Dyky and one forTina!

-Carolyn

Thank you everyone for your comments.

And thanks again Carolyn for adding Ivan and Scrappy! I will get that picture thing figured out:D

Yes, Ivan is the "HORRIBLE"! But I will add that he will sit on my lapforever to to get cuddled. Not nearly as horrible as he would like usto think he is. Although right now as I type he is trying his best tothrow his chain of shower rings in his water bowl to make a mess!:mad:He is my rotten boy!

Scrappy is more laid back UNLESS you are messing inside his cage......then you better watch out! He is like a charging bull!
Of course he is only 9 months old so maybe he just hasn't picked up hisdads sense of humor yet. So far the only thing he has picked up fromIvan is the THUMPING!! He is very good at that. Oh yes.....and givingme the "Butt" when he is mad!:shock:

I have not tried to bond any of them.

Rupert is very friendly but Scrappy attacks the wires of his cageanytime another rabbit gets near his cage and when loose he tries toget to the other boys cages.

Ivan seems pretty mellow about other rabbits.

They all have their time out separately and seem content.

At this point none of them are neutered yet.

Ivan has been shown and probably will be for awhile. He has two legs. Scrappy has been shown also but he is not as showable.

Scrappy and Rupert will both be neutered in the near future.
Without the neutering done bonding isn't an option.

I am very leary of bonding as I have witnessed a rabbits stomach rippedopened with a fatal wound by another rabbit. It happened in the blinkof an eye.They are very fast when they mean business. Faster than wehave the ability to separate them before damage is done. When you see aserious fight it makes you think twice about the risk of bonding.

Not to mention that all of these boys are big with BIG teeth to go withit! I have been attacked by a decent size doe with a bite to the boneand I don't relish the idea of getting between two big mad rabbitstrying to bite each other!
:shock:

dyky71 wrote:
Iam very leary of bonding as I have witnessed a rabbits stomach rippedopened with a fatal wound by another rabbit. It happened in the blinkof an eye.They are very fast when they mean business. Faster than wehave the ability to separate them before damage is done. When you see aserious fight it makes you think twice about the risk of bonding.

Not to mention that all of these boys are big with BIG teeth to go withit! I have been attacked by a decent size doe with a bite to the boneand I don't relish the idea of getting between two big mad rabbitstrying to bite each other!
:shock:

Don't blame you one bit, My Friend. Not onebit. If it isn't broken, no need to fix it. Theyare content and happy with their situation now and they're used totheir routine, so I wouldn't worry at all. I was justcurious.

:)

Now, when shall I pick up Rupert from you??

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
dajeti2 wrote:
Thatwhite baby is tugging at my heart strings pretty good.

I could see that coming. What beautiful babies, though, ey?

Two white rabbits: One for Dyky and one forTina!

-Carolyn
My gosh are they cute. I cried. I never got to see Apollo as ababy.I have to say I have been thinking real hard on whatcolor to get. I think it's official, I'm getting another White Bucklike Apollo and this punkin.

I can't wait until you bring the little sweetie home. Thank youCarolyn for posting the pics for DYKY, I for one love them and can'twait for more.

Tina

Latest posts

Back