Carolyn....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So now I am wondering why Diva had alreadystarted to develop a dewlap at just four-months. I wonder if it isgoing to be huge? How does that work? Compared to Cali, Diva's isalready quite large and she just turned five-months. So I am hopingthat Showrabbits takes another look at this post and can tell me whatshe, as a flemish breeder thinks.

47b5df38b3127cce9e93c84dea9d00000026108QZMXDho5bG

Fergi's mom

Diva's chest doesn't look as big as Cali's to me, does it to you, Fergi?

I'm also curious about this too.

Cali and Diva are the one's that prompted me to write "The Mystery of Dewlaps" post.

Hope showrabbits checks it out too. She's been a great resource for me with regards to my Cali-Girl.

-Carolyn

See how they're different? It's okay if you don't. I could be totally wrong on this, I'm just taking a guess.

Cali's ears are 8 incheslongnow.

I measured them last night.

-Carolyn

Holy Cow Carolyn, her ears are HUGE! I plan onmeasuring Diva's sometime this week...gotta fit it into the schedule!As for the chest size I am not sure, when Diva is laying down it looksa lot larger...

47b5df33b3127cce9e679ae5065c00000026108QZMXDho5bG

The dewlap seems to spread out...do you notice Cali having some extra"flab" on the upper parts of her legs? Diva has that...I think thatCali's is a little larger but I wouldn't think she would get such a bigdewlap since it didn't start as early. Dewlaps are so interesting, theyshould definetly do more research into the development of them. I haveenjoyed keeping an eye on the dewlap post.

Fergi's mom

Fergi,

I see what you mean about Diva. She is just as wide. The angles I've seen have been deceiving.

I love the picture of her and Samara. Samara's got the best bunny butt out there, I think.

;)

I was very surprised that her ears went from being 7.25" in thebeginning of December to 8" in the beginning of February. :shock: Ican't imagine she'll get any bigger, but that's what they all keeptelling me!

Thanks, Peter.

She'll take the compliments, although she's a big baby and is far fromproud. When she gets spooked, she runs right to me and if she's reallyscared, she'll jump in my arms. She lets the other two little squirtsboss her around just so that she can hang out near them. She doesn'tknow how big and beautiful and intimidating she really is.

:)

-Carolyn

Is there any chance that Diva's age could be mistaken?

On the 8 inch ears...... Bo is like 13 inches long LMAO! Hewould nearly fit in her ear! I cannot imagine (I would loveit!!!) having some really big bunnies :) They are gorgeousand I just love seeing their photos!!!

Um my guess is that Diva's age is mistakenbecause she just looks much older than four months to me. She could bea early bloomer though, every once in a while you get those. They getbig fast but never get huge unfortantly. That is why I like the slowergrowing ones. Their overall size seems to get much bigger than theslower growing ones. Is Diva spayed? That could be anotherthing. I thinkt that Cali may be developing slower because she isspayed.... but it realy isnt all that slow for flemish. Or at least theflemish in my lines. She is right on track for them.

Exactly Rose!! LOL, perfect example.

I am sure of Diva's date of birth, it is listed on her pedigree...sheturned 5-months on January 28, and no she is not yet spayed...my vetdoesn't do does until 6-months of age. If she is an early bloomer anddoesn't get as big that would be fine with me. She already is 11lbs andher ears were a little over 7' last month. That is large enough for mealthough I believe she still has some growing to do.

Fergi's mom

showrabbits wrote:
wow cali sure is getting big. I wonder if she is related to minebecuase alot of what you are describing sounds like AJs line. Most ofAJs sons went to CA. That was a couple of years ago and so they couldhave grand children Calis age. Does the name Bush sound familer in anyof Calis history?? She looks alot like AJ too.

Dear Showrabbits,

I recieved Cali's papers in the mail today. I'm shaking as I write this to you because I really can't believe this fate.

Her father is: Bush's PB264
Color: Fawn - Weight 16 lbs.

Her Mother is: Bush's PB361
Color: Sandy - Weight 19 lbs.

:shock:

Good Lord!! We're Related!

-Carolyn

Wow Carolyn, looks like you are going to have a Huge baby on your hands. Good thing she is so docile eh?

Need more pictures of Tucker, Fauna, and Cali and more stories tooplease! I haven't heard anything about our Tucker Bucker latley:X.

Fergi's mom

Fergi,

I just sent you a note to check this out. Can you believe it?!

Cali's great grandparents and her great-great grandparents and otherancestors of her family tree all weighed in between 15 and 17 lbs.She's got a lot of Sandy and Fawn in her line, which I find interestingbecause as she's growing, the white around her eyes and her belly seemto be brighter than the Sandys. I see that more in Fawn's pictures.Perhaps I'm completely off base on that note.

I can't believe she's a part of showrabbits line. :shock: That is justwild. The odds were possible because Lord knows there aren't manyFlemish Breeders in the Country, but I never thought it would happen.

I wonder how many of us are bunny-related in the end. Some say it feels like family in here, maybe it is!

More Diva Pictures, Please!!!!

I'll get some more pictures of Tucks and Fauna and as far as stories,Be careful what you wish for, Honey. I'll bump up an old Tucker postand update it. There's so many stories about him, I don't know where tostart.

-Carolyn

lol its the tractortrailer effect where the frontgoes the back end has tofollow ;p

:shock:... ...This is one of the mostAMAZING coincidences that I've seen ina LONG TIME!!!!! Mybottom lip has literally droppedto my shoe!!!!!

WOW! .... Who says that we're not "family" here?!!!!! ... :D

Wow Carolyn. You've got yourself a showgirl there. Andshe's even related mymyboy, even better :D

Murphy is 8 months old now. He is soooo big. My big teddybear. I'll go weigh him now and report back.

Fergi, do you have any pictures of Diva next to you or something elsefor size comparison. In these pictures she lookshuge. She looks like an adult.

Now I'm curious. Tamra, how much do my baby's parents weigh?

Back