Bi-lateral Cryptorchid

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have good news and bad news, increasing the Cilantro by 1/2 a leaf caused Z to have diarrhea it has since resolved. Good news, I think I saw two little testicles beginning to descend today. I also finally had time to make a grid for his litter box to keep him from eating it which he is not happy about!

image.jpg

Hmmm odd. Maybe a fluke?
Lets keep trying. And Mr Zero STOP EATING ODD STUFF!

if youre feeling brave you could go to home depot or some garden store and pick up a few types of herb plants lile sage oregano basic.... Ones the grow.more leafy like that and you can kep growing indoors all year round. And offer a leaf here and there for variety. And use in your own cooking too.

When I was at HomeDepot I looked its too hot here most of their herbs and veggies have died.

Litter pan looks good :) I agree that it's a bit odd on the cilantro, especially increasing by only half a leaf. Perhaps it's more related to the consumption of his litter than anything else. Will be interesting to see how he progresses from here without being able to eat it anymore.

He really is that sensitive, I was feeding him four timothy based pellets a day, two in the morning and two at night over three days and it caused him to go into mild stasis again. (This was before feeding Cilantro) I did give him one leaf of Cilantro last night, I will continue that for a few days now that I have him off his litter then I will try again.

LOL little guy is the death of me! He is a naughty he urinated outside of his box last night. Thank goodness I got a heavier duty tarp for his floor. FYI the 6 X 6 drawstring tarps work awesome for the x-pens you can pull the draw string and it will create waterproof/waste containment sides.

How's he doing now that he's not eating his litter anymore? And are you still giving cilantro?

We never successfully increased over one leaf of Cilantro, it kept causing loose stool and gas so we stopped it. He is back to eating only Timothy hay. He is doing good for the most part thank you for asking. He would be a really big bunny if he ever grows into his ears! I love them :)

image.jpg

What a cutie! Have you tried fresh grass? That and/or adding other types of hays may be enough to provide all the nutrition he needs.

I used to take him out to graze in the fresh grass when he was a baby and it gave him diarrhea. We have chickens and wild rabbits, with his already comprimised system I didnt want to risk him getting parasites. I tried feeding him from a bale of Timothy I bought at the feed store that had some weeds in it, (attempting to save $) he ate only a small amount of the the hay and instantly developed GI upset. So he eats and wastes enough Oxbow hay every month that he costs more than my horse to feed.

Well the worries about Zeros neuter surgery were for naught. Yay! He's still getting neutered but it certainly will not be an invasive procedure.

Yay! I'm guessing he's finally dropped all of his needed parts? Great news.

That's too bad about the cilantro not working out. At least he's doing well on his hay. I know, I can't believe how much hay is just wasted sometimes. I'm lucky though, to be able to buy the baled stuff. That's too bad that the baled timothy available to you, isn't very good. I know that some people on here, buy the bale of timothy from Oxbow. If you don't already do that, maybe that would be a cheaper way to go for you.

Zero's such a cute little guy :) I'm glad you've been able to find what works best to keep his digestive tract functioning well. What a difficult process though.

Yay, I'm glad that he doesn't have to have invasive surgery for it. Like others said because he's been quite ill his development was probably just delayed a bit. :)

Yah for him! I do follow all that you write although I don't comment often as I'm not experienced with ill buns but just the past couple of days worrying about Thumper makes me wonder how you do it. You must really love that little guy and are a strong person.

Jeeze Zero! I was told you were doing good on 2 what happened!

I wonder if its a case that his tummy can handle a tiny bit... in which case... Maybe that idea of growing your own herbs (when its not a million degrees..) in the house and offering a single leaf every so often just for the extra everything it offers. Then its not going to waste like purchasing cilantro and you can keep the herbs for your own cooking?

The cheapest I can ever find oxbow is about $1/lb. That's pretty pricey compared to farm hay but it is good stuff.

Watermelons, I really don't know what to do with him. He has required a morning dose of Simethicone the past two days and I know he is not eating anything except timothy hay, no litter. I just bought a new bag of hay and he really isn't into it, so I have to try a couple of Petsmarts to see if I can get a different lot number he will like. I am sad to say it but if he goes downhill I am not sure I will put us both through all of this again. :(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back