Zupreem?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I can talk hamster genetics, breeding, feeding, all day. I have kept and bred them for years now.. But when it comes to bunnies, I am at a loss. I know everyone is very Pro Oxbow, however, I didn't plan on getting a bunny.. We have had her for a week today and I picked up some Zupreem for right now since it was the same price as Oxbow with a pound more food. I'm having to pinch pennies until the end of the month.. Just wondering what people think of it.. If it is good enough until the end of the month?

I use Zupreem and several other members on the forum have used it too. It is fine and I had no problems with it. If Tuesday likes it, then you should stick with it. Some bunnies can be picky about the different brands. I know Bebe willeat the Oxbow last or avoid it all together.

If you have a chance, you can give Zupreem Parrot food to the bunnies as treats. They love to crunch down on the bird pellets.

Many people so use Zupreem and are happy with it. Remember that not all rabbits do well on all foods. If your rabbit does well on Zupreem and you can get is easily and afford it, then stick with it. If your rabbit does not do well, then look into other foods.

It would be best to have what she was eating before you got her to help her adjust to the new food. If you can't get it now, you should slowly introduce the Zupreem. Start with a small amount, about 1 Tbsp, and increase that every couple of days as she gets used to it.

With rabbits, you don't want to be switching pellets often. It is best to find one pellet and stick with it unless you need to change. There are people with mix several different brands, but they feed the mix and aren't switching brands every month. This can be good if your supply is limited or you can't get one brand some times.

If money is an issue, you can try a feed store brand. A 50 pound bag costs about $15-20. You might want to freeze some as it will last a while with just one rabbit. While these pellets might not be the absolute best, they are better than the mixes with seeds and other bits and still have the vitamins and minerals needed.

Make sure your rabbit does get lots of hay. The brand and type doesn't really matter and you can offer a variety of hays. The hay should be green, smell good and not be too dusty. You can buy bales form a farmer and some feed stores do carry it as well. A bale costs about $4-10 compared to a bag from a pet store that can be $10 and up for about 5 pounds.

Thanks. When I first found Tuesday last Tuesday evening, I ran to a local Pet Supplies Plus and got a few days worth of rabbit food.. They have the option to buy mix from a container by the pound, but the quality is not great. The feed store I usually go to was closed by that time. I ran out the other day and ran to my regular feed store and got the Zupreem. Before she got the other food, she was eating grass.. As I had found her whilst walking my dogs last Tuesday evening. I am currently feeding her the Oxbow Western Timothy hay. Not sure if I should be also giving any sort of alfalfa? As when I found her, her belly was a bit bare and her nipples had scabs.. Assuming she had babies at some point? And praying she isn't pregnant again.. I don't know why she was out wandering around my apartment complex, but she was. I'm guessing she was dumped because she was pregnant or had had babies? Who knows.. And her cage is not the best right now.. I got it the same night as the food and hay and I was low on cash. Hoping I can save up and get something bigger.. But she has free roam when I am home.

Latest posts

Back