Zooming bunnies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

Reaction score
How do rabbits manage to negotiate the obstacle course in our homes, especially when it's at night, with no lights?

It just amazes me how my two zoom around and never run into anything. I'm always worried they're going to hit their heads on the cast iron frame of our coffee table, when they're running amok in the living room, and knock themselves out. :p They never do, though. Just amazes me.:shock:

if you watch them when you first put them out, they check out every bit and piece several times and chin too. The chinning is to mark territory, but the other behavior is instinct--they learn locations of everything so that they can escape. Plus their eyes are more adapted for low light conditions. We're always amazed by how they can just tear around. We have a dark brown mini rex that is just the noisiest rabbit at night--she likes to re-arrange everything--all the toys and boxes have to be just "so" for her.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
The chinning is to mark territory, but the other behavior is instinct--they learn locations of everything so that they can escape. Plus their eyes are more adapted for low light conditions.

It's really cool to me that our house bunnies retain that wild rabbit instinct. It's frustrating, too, of course, when we try to cuddle them.

I have mini-rex's too, and from what I've gathered, that breed tends to be more independent than other breeds. I like that about them, actually. They remind me of me, lol. :)

pla725 wrote:
Mine always seem to run into the hallway door and the sliding glass door.  I don't know how they manage not to knock themselves out.

In the 4 years my guys have been in our house together, they have never bumped into anything, and this is a really small house.

Latest posts

Back